Regular, Collector's, or Legendary edition of Halo 3?

The $130 price was like a slap in the face saying "the extra shit ain't worth it" so I'm going with the regular edition. No special, no extras, just the regular ol' game.

Once, maybe twice in a man's life comes a game that includes a helmet. If I have the extra cash, I will have the helmet version. If not, Im ight get the $10 more than normal price game.

I'll most likely get the regual version. I've pretty much always been planning on getting the standard edition, but back when the Legendary edition was only $100 I was thinking in the back of my head about how cool it would be to have a Master Chief helmet even though I'm not a huge fan of the Halo series. Now that it's $130 I'll never act on those thoughts.

Paying $50+ for a fake helmet and some bonus dvds I'll never watch sounds ridiculous to me. I'll get the regular after trying it out somewhere (didn't like Halo 2 very much but this one's has had a lot longer to develop so I'm hopeful...)

As much as it pains the cheapass in me to say it, I must have the Legendary. I have already started a fund by selling off the Wii games I never play... I'm about $12 short right now.

I have 2 pre-orders that are still holding at $100 so hopefully at least one of them sticks.

Changed my pre-order Monday from legendary to just regular. Couldn't justify an extra 70 for the helmet and some docs I wouldn't watch.

$130 for all that crap is an insult to my intelligence.

I'm going regular edition... actually, I don't know what's in the Collectors Edition. Anybody know?

My preorder was for the Legendary and paid off up to $100, but when they announced it was $130, I decided there was no way I'd get the Legendary Edition any more. Hell, I was on the fence @ $100. Back down to the regular edition for me. I don't really care much about Halo anyway.

Limited and maybe the regular. But def. the limited. I actually have two copies pre-ordered in case it launches on a day where I'm either at home or at school. Yes. I'm that big of a freak.

Whatever's available on sale a month after it hits. After they jacked the price, I may just get it used. God knows there will be a ton of the regular and CE again.

Legendary here. I was gonna pass on the new MSRP of $130 but pre-ordering at Best Buy for $100 plus 1600 points for $5 more was like getting the Legendary for only $85.

I pre-ordered from BB with the 1600 MS points for $100+5, but I don't trust their quantities since they still are taking pre-orders for it. I also put in a pre-order with Amazon a few hours after it went live there for $130. I don't really need two copies, but if I end up with two, I'll probably just keep one sealed for collector's sake. Yes, the price is high etc., but I'm too much of a Halo fanboy. Plus, I NEED the re-mastered cut scene DVD. I don't care about the helmet, but I have to have the story DVD.

[quote name='LunaticPuma']I pre-ordered from BB with the 1600 MS points for $100+5, but I don't trust their quantities since they still are taking pre-orders for it. I also put in a pre-order with Amazon a few hours after it went live there for $130. I don't really need two copies, but if I end up with two, I'll probably just keep one sealed for collector's sake. Yes, the price is high etc., but I'm too much of a Halo fanboy. Plus, I NEED the re-mastered cut scene DVD. I don't care about the helmet, but I have to have the story DVD.[/QUOTE]

BB's preordering system is garbage if you do it in store. They take NO information from you. I pre-ordered GoW from them when they had the $5 1600 MS points deal, and when I went in they even asked me if I wanted collector's or regular. I said collector's because yes, that's what I wanted. But the 2 guys in front of me, bought like 7 copies together. The first guy bought 6, one collector's for himself, 5 regulars as gifts, and the guy behind him bought a collector for himself. Now the thing is, neither of these guys originally wanted the collectors edition until they heard me ask for it, and I told them what was included. Potentially, two people who ACTUALLY pre-ordered the CE got screwed because their copies got sold.

Now yes, I know BB could've had some extra CEs on hand to sell to those who didn't pre-order, but the guy didn't even look. He just went back to the cage and grabbed those 7 copies no problem.

[quote name='Kendro']Legendary here. I was gonna pass on the new MSRP of $130 but pre-ordering at Best Buy for $100 plus 1600 points for $5 more was like getting the Legendary for only $85.[/QUOTE]
Same as me.

Collectors, unless the metal sucks, then reg. IF you get a limited, you are retarded. That pretty much = a DS.

I'll probably get the Limited Edition one. I enjoy metal cases a lot, and for only $10 more I get that and some extra stuff. $130 for that and a helmet is too steep for me I think.

While I am tempted by the mini helmet, that it just to much to pay for something else to collect dust. I'm still torn about the collector's edition. I watched that crap once with Halo 2, but I do dig my metal case.

I would have gone Legendary if it was still $100. But I just can't stomach $130 for one game no matter what it comes with.

Does anyone else hate the new collectors edition tins? I miss the old editions cases eg. Halo 2 or Perfect Dark Zero.

CE, I support nice metal cases and extras on games that actually are worthy of having them. I think the Legendary version is crazy but I have a buddy at work who has two of them paid off in full since they became available. One for him to play and one for his collection...:roll:

I'm getting the Collectors Edition.

I have a Legendary Edition sitting at $100 on a last minute CircuitCity.com pre-order after announced the price change. If it goes up, I'll cancel, otherwise I will probably sell it to someone cheap (

They need to put out a wearable helmet with a built-in wireless headset, a HUD on the visor and a straw hole so you can drink your Halo Slurpee. Then it might be worth buying. :)

Regular....I never watch the extras for a video game. Plus, the metal case does not excite me.

At least the DOOM 3 CE had the old school Doom to play. That was a worthy extra.

I preordered the Legendary Edition from TRU.com back around christmas, when they had some sort of % off, and used GCO. Got it for 85 shipped, and I called and they said tht's what i'll still be charged, so Legendary for me

You should have made this a poll.

For me its Legendary. I preordered it at Circuit City back when it was $99.99 :D

Sad that $99.99 is a deal but compared to $129.99 it is.

[quote name='TheOne06']I preordered the Legendary Edition from TRU.com back around christmas, when they had some sort of % off, and used GCO. Got it for 85 shipped, and I called and they said tht's what i'll still be charged, so Legendary for me[/quote]

That just goes to show that sometimes people who preorder actually do come out on top. Usually it seems that early adopters get screwed by glitchy games and of course a higher price to pay!

Have fun, and I envy your luck!

bread's done
Back