Relay For Life

Tsel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
328 (100%)
This is my first year participating in my own Relay for Life team and while I may not have raised all that much money thus far, I have already become a member of the Upper Illinois Valley Relay for Life Committee as well as the Cancer Action Network (CAN).

51025.1375238114.custom.jpg

My team name is Team Crushing Cancer and we're just a group of friends fighting for the cause. Why I relay is a bit more personal, though. I initially decided to relay because my grandmother was battling cancer and I wanted to fight for her, as well as many other reasons. She was so proud of me for getting involved in such a noble and worthy cause. Unfortunately, she lost the war against cancer just a little over a month ago. While it hit me incredibly hard, it has since given me an even bigger drive and passion towards Relay for Life. 

The Upper Illinois Valley Relay for Life is comprised of 57 teams and together we have raised over $80,000. We still have a ways to go to hit our final goal, but we are well on our way. 

Here is my donation page. I'm not asking you to donate by any means, but it would mean a great deal to me and would not go unappreciated. If you don't want to donate, that's fine, let me know if you participate in Relay for Life and let's get some discussions going! I'm not entirely sure if this sort of thing is allowed and if it's not, I apologize. If it's against the rules, I'll remove this portion and we can just discuss Relay for Life as a whole. Here is my team page if you'd like to donate to them as well. We're very close to reaching our team goal of $1,000. 

I relay not only for my grandmother and aunt who both fought and lost the war against cancer, but for each and every person who's currently battling. I relay because it's the right thing to do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back