Remove smoke smell from N64 carts?

Get a box, get some Febreze, stuff games into box, activate the Febreze and stuff it into the box, seal it off, poke a few tiny holes, and leave it for a few days. Should take care of the smoke odors and the Febreze smell wears off on its own in a couple of weeks.

i would say vinegar, but fabreeze seems like a good idea also. its gonna be tough though because the sticker probably absorbed all that smoke also

Honestly I would just start buy leaving them out in a open area. Maybe you could leave an open box of baking soda to absorb the odor before spraying anything on the carts. If after a week you still have a smoke smell then you can try fabreeze.

Some other possibilities....
Cat Litter (the crystals kind... wouldn't want to remove the smell just to have clay dust stuck to everything)
Dryer Sheets

Tomato Sauce.

[FONT=trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica]You don't understand what I'm up against. This is a force more [/FONT] [FONT=trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica]powerful than anything you can imagine. Even *Superman* would be [/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica]helpless against this kind of stench.[/FONT]

Dryer sheets are by far the safest/most effective. I wouldn't do anything involving liquids. Just open a ziplock bag, throw in the cart & a dryer sheet, seal it, and leave it overnight.

[quote name='garfep']Dryer sheets are by far the safest/most effective. I wouldn't do anything involving liquids. Just open a ziplock bag, throw in the cart & a dryer sheet, seal it, and leave it overnight.[/quote]
wow thanks for that. i never thought that would be effective.indeed the safest way since it wont soak the febreeze.

[quote name='garfep']Dryer sheets are by far the safest/most effective. I wouldn't do anything involving liquids. Just open a ziplock bag, throw in the cart & a dryer sheet, seal it, and leave it overnight.[/quote] this

bread's done
Back