Removing A Screen Protector from the Touch Screen

nefaquotek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Has anyone done this? I had one of those Intec screen protectors but I wanted to change it. I'm afraid that if I remove it, that it will damage the screen in some way.

Anybody know if its safe to remove it?

Thanks.

Yes it should be fine. I believe the Intec uses a sticky residue to adhere to the screen. I suggest getting Hori or Clarivue. It uses static and no sticky residue.

[quote name='iazybandit']Yes it should be fine. I believe the Intec uses a sticky residue to adhere to the screen. I suggest getting Hori or Clarivue. It uses static and no sticky residue.[/quote]

Interesting, static? sounds good. I'll try the Hori since that sounds familiar. Thanks.

Just cut a piece of duck tape and stick it to a corner of the screen protector, and LIFT! If it doesn't, you may need to cover more surface area of the screen protector.

I vote for Hori as well. Excellent protectors!

Hori it is. Thanks for all the advice, I really made good use of the original protector thanks to the mini games in the Mario games.

Shooting Bombs at parachutting bombs is incredibly addicting. BUT man did it scratch the screen (protector).

I think you'd really have to try to actually hurt your screen removing a protector. As in using something sharp to scrape it off or something. You might screw up the protector itself getting it up, but as long as you exercise a little caution the screen will be fine.

I 2nd the suggestion to use duct (or packing) tape. And the suggestion to get horis.

bread's done
Back