Removing sticker residue

coolcps

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I have alot of psx games in good conditon other than the stuff left behind by the sticker on used titles. I think I have tried something like goo gone before and it just screwed up the case even more. Does anyone know of a good product for this? Thank you.

I've used rubbing alcohol/windex on a 100% cotton rag. Sometimes using your thumb nail between the rag and the case will help in removing the more stubborn residue.

WD-40 does work very well. You have to clean the case pretty good when you are done, though, or it will smell funny.

For me personally, and it always works for everything except for paper based DVD cases, I use the actual sticker that they give me to seal the game. It is like the tape the other guy was talking about, but just a lot more adhesive so it takes off a lot more residue. It really does work, expecially with the stickers that EB uses to seal their used games after you buy them.

[quote name='GF_Eric']WD-40 does work very well. You have to clean the case pretty good when you are done, though, or it will smell funny.[/quote]

And if it smells funny, at least you can get stoned.
Just kidding. Drugs are bad, kids.

[quote name='Explosion']i use goo gone and an old toothbrush. it never fails[/quote]

I agree, just apply Goo Gone to the sticker, let it sit for a a min or so. then wipe off.

Yea, that is what I was talking about, it does that to my cases but worse, it looks like it just smeared the residue all around and stuff.

[quote name='neonglow']WD-40 and Goo Gone are made from the same basic component. It's the same thing they put in lighter fluid.[/quote]

but goo gone smells like yummy oranges

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']goo gone dulls the case, so if you run your finger over it, it feels nasty...[/quote]

you're supposed to wash the area with soap and water after using the goo gone.

bread's done
Back