Renew Xbox Live for One month for One dollar on XBL

Your auto-renewal needs to be turned off on xbox.com first. Don't listen to the lazy douche bags on WikiAnswes, it can be done online very easily. No need to call India.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal.aspx

There's a series of steps you go through, they have 2-3 pages of reasons to stay on renewal before finally turning it off.

It's worth knowing how to do it yourself, because inevitably auto-renewal will get turned back on the next time you redeem a prepaid card.

If it works like this, would it be possible to buy 12 months at $1 each? I'm doubtful, just curious.

[quote name='Darol']If it works like this, would it be possible to buy 12 months at $1 each? I'm doubtful, just curious.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Once you buy it it and sign out, the little tab is gone.

I just turned off my auto-renew and nothing has changed, no $1 renewal is showing up (yet, anyway). Maybe in a few hours something will show up. I'll update if so.

[quote name='XF Gator']Your auto-renewal needs to be turned off on xbox.com first. Don't listen to the lazy douche bags on WikiAnswes, it can be done online very easily. No need to call India.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal.aspx

There's a series of steps you go through, they have 2-3 pages of reasons to stay on renewal before finally turning it off.

It's worth knowing how to do it yourself, because inevitably auto-renewal will get turned back on the next time you redeem a prepaid card.[/QUOTE]

The option to turn off the auto renewal on my account isn't even clickable. :booty:

[quote name='shigster']The option to turn off the auto renewal on my account isn't even clickable. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are under membership level, not account summary.

Hrmmm.. I've been itchin to renew my gold account.. any confirmation on if turning off the auto-renewal(without calling) ACTUALLY works? I know how microsoft loves to play its little tricks..

I saw this the other day but have managed to never had a credit card associated with my account and wasn't sure if I'd want to start now. I was debating using a "one time use" card to sign up and only put $2 on it; has anyone tried that? What happens if your CC can't be renewed, does MS just turn off your sub?

[quote name='Graviex']Hrmmm.. I've been itchin to renew my gold account.. any confirmation on if turning off the auto-renewal(without calling) ACTUALLY works? I know how microsoft loves to play its little tricks..[/QUOTE]

It didn't work for me. I tried logging off LIVE and then back on too. Still, I'm glad to have auto renewal turned off. I tried to remove my credit card on file since their rates are so high compared to Amazon's normal price, but keep running into a roadblock online.

I saw this the other day but have managed to never had a credit card associated with my account and wasn't sure if I'd want to start now. I was debating using a "one time use" card to sign up and only put $2 on it; has anyone tried that? What happens if your CC can't be renewed, does MS just turn off your sub?

I'm going out on a limb here and saying no. I tried to buy points off live with a prepaid credit card and It was declined. I doubt they would make a special exception for a renewed membership :p.

i got this deal (1 mo for $1) about 2.5 weeks ago. i believe it's sponsored by jack link's beef jerky company. it showed up on my xbox dash bc i was on silver for about a month or two. it auto renews to the regular price so you have to cancel it before it ends.

bread's done
Back