Rental Crackdown for Halo 3 Beta

aw004g

CAGiversary!
Anyone know if this will work? Is there something in the manual that you need (like a unique) invite code? Thanks

it will work as long as you get a copy with the beta...the only requirement to play it is the actual crackdown disk.......why not buy it? crackdown is an excellent game and there are still MANY copies of it with the beta out there

May 16th is when the beta comes out. You have to have the crackdown disc in your 360. Then download the beta. The only reason for the disc is either. The beta use's the game engine or reads a verification code off of the disc.

you launch the beta through the ingame menu so you need the disk in tray. it would work technically but logistically, good luck renting the game during the beta.

[quote name='Graystone']May 16th is when the beta comes out. You have to have the crackdown disc in your 360. Then download the beta. The only reason for the disc is either. The beta use's the game engine or reads a verification code off of the disc.[/quote]Actually, I think it's just that it launches via the game. It has nothing to do with the disc or engine, but simply they didn't want people doing what the OP suggests and renting the game and just getting the demo downloaded and returning it. Meant to boost Crackdown sales, but as stated, Crackdown is one of the better 360 games I've found. I enjoyed it far more than Gears of War.

I really think that's kinda stupid to just have the beta for Crackdown owners...I find it funny that some people actually bought crackdown JUST for the Halo Beta.

I think that it is een funnier that people think that there is some code out there in the game....otherwise, don't you think that since a great majority of people bought the game because of the Beta that they would have then immediately turned around and traded the games in. But IMHO, I think that the game is good enough to warrant purchase for itself.

[quote name='Spades22']I really think that's kinda stupid to just have the beta for Crackdown owners...I find it funny that some people actually bought crackdown JUST for the Halo Beta.[/QUOTE]

Another way to get into the H3 beta was to play H2 online for 5 hours during a certain length of time.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Another way to get into the H3 beta was to play H2 online for 5 hours during a certain length of time.[/QUOTE]

And you might get picked. Buying Crackdown was the only for sure way of getting into the beta. Unless you can't read and picked up a betaless copy of Crackdown.

[quote name='pimpinc333']And you might get picked. Buying Crackdown was the only for sure way of getting into the beta. Unless you can't read and picked up a betaless copy of Crackdown.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Either way, I missed the H2 chance, so I need to find a used Crackdown with the beta.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Ah, thanks for the clarification. Either way, I missed the H2 chance, so I need to find a used Crackdown with the beta.[/QUOTE]
The only way to tell if I used copy has the Halo 3 Beta is:

1.) The Congrats Welcome to Halo 3 Beta Slip is included

2.) You put the game in a 360 and see if the Halo 3 Beta DL is on it.

Good Luck. Mr. Anderson.

[quote name='pimpinc333']The only way to tell if I used copy has the Halo 3 Beta is:

1.) The Congrats Welcome to Halo 3 Beta Slip is included

2.) You put the game in a 360 and see if the Halo 3 Beta DL is on it.

Good Luck. Mr. Anderson.[/quote]

no afaik all copies of crackdown will unlock the beta once the beta is available.

I've heard that rental copies that were sent to rental stores lacked the beta stuff, nothing concrete though. Did anybody rent the game yet to see if that may be the case?

[quote name='Spades22']I really think that's kinda stupid to just have the beta for Crackdown owners...I find it funny that some people actually bought crackdown JUST for the Halo Beta.[/quote]
Same thing happened with Zone of the Enders(PS2). Most people only bought it for the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo disc. I remember Gamestop had that marked down to $14.99 used within 5 months of it's release cause people were dumping the game since MGS 2 was released.

I'm beginning to wonder if it will be required to launch the beta at all. Unless they are releasing seperate version of the beta launcher for the original group selected, and the 13,333 group, then they would have to give them their own special version that doesn't require crackdown in the drive.

And yes, it would appear the whole "limited printings" crap was false, since GS and EB still advertise the beta with crackdown on their site.

[quote name='Surferflames']
And yes, it would appear the whole "limited printings" crap was false, since GS and EB still advertise the beta with crackdown on their site.[/QUOTE]

I surely hope no one assumed these things wouldn't be pressed without the Halo 3 beta. I believe the "limited" in "limited printings" meant all copies pressed prior to June 6th.

[quote name='Mister Switch']aka the platinum edition of crackdown won't include the beta invite.[/QUOTE]

By the time we get a Platinum edition of Crackdown Halo 3 will have been out for months.

[quote name='Graystone']By the time we get a Platinum edition of Crackdown Halo 3 will have been out for months.[/quote]

yes....see what i did there?

Mark me down as someone who originally bought this game only for the Halo 3 beta!

...Although I must admit it's a really enjoyable game. I've had a great time with it the past week it's been in my possession.

[quote name='Malik112099']it will work as long as you get a copy with the beta...the only requirement to play it is the actual crackdown disk.......why not buy it? crackdown is an excellent game and there are still MANY copies of it with the beta out there[/quote]

The problem with buying Crackdown, is there is roughly about 4 hours worth of gameplay included.

The Beta for Halo can be found on the discs of most Blockbuster videos, as said above, you can tell if you have the special first edition copy by whether or not it has the download box in your menu system.

I couldn't play h2 during the period they were offer the halo beta because my harddrive was gone, so I will have to go rent crackdown to get my playing time in.

[quote name='aw004g']I think I'll put it in my gamesnflix queue and see. Thanks for the replies.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly whatI'm going to do, they sent me Crackdown this past Friday and the damn thing was "unplayable" due to a really scratched spot on the outer part of the disc. It looks like a 2 year old bit the fucker.

I'm going to add it to my "Q" again once after I send this copy back. I'll let everyone know if it works for the H3 beta.

I'll probably try and rent Crackdown at the local video stores when the time comes.

I just couldn't get into the Crackdown demo. Maybe I'll enjoy the game when I rent it.

Just rented Crackdown at the local blockbuster and when you go into the download menu it has the Halo 3 Beta there, so you are able to download it. Or at least from the blockbuster I went to you are.

Just curious, once you download it, do you have to keep the Crackdown game in your system or could I lend my copy to a friend and he could play the Beta also?

[quote name='sp00ge']I bought crakdown for crackdown. I'm not even going to use the beta, but I'm sure my wife will.[/quote]

sorry but that's freaking awesome :drool: although you should give the beta a chance :D

I also bought crackdown for crackdown. I remember what playing Halo 2 was like online, and I don't care to have 12 year olds call me a $$$$$$ and tell me to suck their balls, or whatever other ignorant pieces of shit congrigate on there. Yes I know there is a mute feature, but it will get tiring muting 99% of the players I meet.

Doubledown - You launch the beta through the game menu so you need the disc.

Bought Crackdown for Crackdown, the beta was just a little added perk.

I liked playing Halo2, but stopped for pretty much the same reasons Fieldkillah says. I hated playing with all the ignorant little kids. Decimate me, own me, whatever, that's cool - you don't need to go on being an arrogant little prick about it (granted, age isn't always a determining factor for this, but it really helps.)

[quote name='fieldkillah']I also bought crackdown for crackdown. I remember what playing Halo 2 was like online, and I don't care to have 12 year olds call me a $$$$$$ and tell me to suck their balls, or whatever other ignorant pieces of shit congrigate on there. Yes I know there is a mute feature, but it will get tiring muting 99% of the players I meet.

Doubledown - You launch the beta through the game menu so you need the disc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks....I wasn't sure since the Halo3 Beta is in the DOWNLOAD section of Crackdown. I assumed Crackdown was your Key to download the game. I would much rather have this through the Demo's section in the 360 Home screens rather than loading Crackdown up each time.

[quote name='pimpinc333']When I play online games with people I don't know I usually don't wear my headset. Give it a try. It makes games more enjoyable.[/quote]
That gets you booted where I come from. right up there with being an annoying 12yearold.

[quote name='pimpinc333']When I play online games with people I don't know I usually don't wear my headset. Give it a try. It makes games more enjoyable.[/quote]

Kinda makes the team games impossible to do well in tho. Rumble Pit isn't enough after a while.

[quote name='halfbent']Kinda makes the team games impossible to do well in tho. Rumble Pit isn't enough after a while.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I dunno. I play COD3 all the time and never wear a Headset. I usually place in the Top 3 and my team 90% of the time wins.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Hmm I dunno. I play COD3 all the time and never wear a Headset. I usually place in the Top 3 and my team 90% of the time wins.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you guys - I never wear the headset. What percentage of people on Live are worth talking to or hearing? 5%?

Yep. That's what I do usually.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Another way to get into the H3 beta was to play H2 online for 5 hours during a certain length of time.[/quote]

yeah did that got the invite, and now I have crackdown aswell

I bought Crackdown for Crackdown. Personally, I never got in to Halo. I never had an Xbox 1, although I did get the PC version of Halo in the bargain bin, and played about halway through the Single player campaign, but never finished it.

Anyways, my 360 is broken (it won't read any 360 DVD games) and it looks like by the time I get it sent in and repaired back, the H3 multiplayer beta will be over.. I would have liked to try it to see if I'll like it but no big loss I guess. Is the beta multiplayer or single player (the H3 insert that came with crackdown didn't specify if it's MP or SP)?

Too bad the code isn't on a separate card (like with the 48 hours free of Xblox Live code you enter), or I would have sold my beta invite on ebay. :)

Just rented Crackdown today at Blockbuster today and it has the beta. With the no fees thing you should be able to cover the beta period for about $16. Rent the game, play 13 days, and then go to blockbuster and re-rent the game for another 13 days.

Or you can sign up for one of the Blockbuster online movie passes (even just the 2 week trial) and you can get the first rental for free.

Rented a copy at Family Video today. Checked inside the box at the store, and it had the Halo 3 slip inside!

[quote name='Puzznic']Just rented Crackdown today at Blockbuster today and it has the beta. With the no fees thing you should be able to cover the beta period for about $16. Rent the game, play 13 days, and then go to blockbuster and re-rent the game for another 13 days.

Or you can sign up for one of the Blockbuster online movie passes (even just the 2 week trial) and you can get the first rental for free.[/quote]

I rented it, and it says that the return date is in 5 days. Where are you getting the 13 days from?

bread's done
Back