Repairing a Wavebird and Using a Coupon

VioletArrows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Separate discussions.

I managed to find my Wavebird controller at my family's house, and after asking why they weren't using it, my brother responded that he'd broken it and the analog stick doesn't work anymore. Hooked it up to test, and the stick is stuck on going to the right, not accepting any other commands (it won't respond if I try to push it back). All the other buttons seem to to work. Anyone know a way to fix problems like this?

Because I'm a good girl and pay my bills on time, my telecom provider sent me a coupon for $15 off any purchase of $45 or more at HSN, which means one game that I've been dying for for cheap. Believe me, I'd share it, but it says in small print non-transferable and only good once. Lego Star Wars Complete (LOVED THIS GAME, but beat both of them already, would only be getting it for the bit of new content), or NiGHTS (waited 11 years for this game, but scared of how everyone keeps stating their disappointment)?

Or you can make a really convincing argument for Super Paper Mario, Smash Brawl (already played it, and I'm terrible at it), or Mario Galaxy (if it's anything like Mario 64, I won't get past whatever the 3rd world is, but curiosity eats at me anyway).

Hmm, dunno about the Wavebird fix. I know around here (Portland, OR) there are some local Mom-n-Pop shops that fix up consoles and controllers... might want to give some around your area a call and see how much it would be.

About your game situation: if you're a die-hard NiGHTS fan, then I would at least give it a go. I didn't particularly care for Paper Mario but I know some people love it. Brawl is awesome, but from what you said playing it and not really enjoying it is a indication that it's probably not going to be enjoyable for you. Super Mario Galaxy is amazing; I wasn't the biggest fan of Mario 64 but I did play SMG to completion. I'm not so sure you should go the Lego Star Wars route... I mean, you've played them, beat them.. sure there's some extra content, but does that extra content outweigh playing a new game?

Lego Star Wars - I got it on Xbox 360 after completing the original. Not sure if there is online co op on the Wii. The new level isnt that interesting and if you are not intersting in replaying the first 2 games dont get it.

Super Paper Mario - love this game. It is like the other 2 Paper Mario game but with out the RPG battles. Great humor.

Brawl - i am not that good either but i still manage to have a good time. maybe it will get better if you understand the mechanics? It is best to play it with a friend.

Mario Galaxy - I like this game a lot better than Mario 64. I find the leve to be a lot more stright forward.

Nights - i love the original so i am in the same situtation as you.

@depward: I didn't say I don't enjoy Brawl, I just suck at playing live people (reflexes of a slug), which is what the whole game is about. I got halfway through SSE and would love to finish it, but then I've got a game I likely won't touch after that. (unlocking everything in Melee just to have the memory card corrupted and formatted has killed any chance of me ever 100%ing a game ever again)

bread's done
Back