Request: Deal on Bugaboo Cameleon Stroller

eth3real

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Strange request on a video game forum but hopefully I can get some help on this from the parents on this forum. These things cost a fortune and the mother to be is dead set on getting one. Specifically, she wants the bugaboo cameleon $879.99.

The registry is through babies r us. Since everywhere I have searched online seems to be selling it at MSRP or higher, I was thinking maybe there's a way to make it cheaper through Babies R Us somehow?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wow, dead set huh?!?! This isn't something you exactly put on a registry but I guess I don't have friends like yours. I wouldn't buy it or even waste my time looking for a deal.

[quote name='eth3real']Strange request on a video game forum but hopefully I can get some help on this from the parents on this forum. These things cost a fortune and the mother to be is dead set on getting one. Specifically, she wants the bugaboo cameleon $879.99.

The registry is through babies r us. Since everywhere I have searched online seems to be selling it at MSRP or higher, I was thinking maybe there's a way to make it cheaper through Babies R Us somehow?

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, when I saw this thread I just had to drop on by.

You're in NYC according to your location...of course any mommy-to-be living there just has to :roll: have one of the elite status strollers, even better if it's the crown jewel of them all, the Bugaboo Cameleon (the Bentley of strollers :roll:). I'd recommend you try to buy one used via craigslist, but I'm already certain the mommy-to-be will have none of that. Hell, she'd probably have a shit fit at the mere suggestion of putting her great gift to the world in a used stroller. "Used! How dare you!!!"

Just like suggesting the "poor man" 's version ("only" $500 to $700 IIRC) - the Frog or the Bee - most certainly won't fly.

Although neither of those suggestions nor this one will work, I also suggest that you try to convince her to look beyond the "keeping up with the UES/UWS Joneses" mentality - it's just a stroller, and if she's going to have a nanny like so many Manhattan mommies, it will be the nanny having to commit the shameful/embarassing act of pushing the kid around in a non-Bugaboo stroller, not her.

Really, it's just a fucking stroller. Convertible from bassinet to toddler stroller, with inflatable rear tires, super nice material, blah blah blah whoop de fucking doo.

That said, we're very lucky - one of my wife's friends who's married (at least for the time being) to a celeb bought us a Bugaboo Cameleon for the baby shower. There's certainly no way in hell that I would have paid for the overpriced thing, and I told my wife as much when she first suggested it and informed me of its cost.

Ultimately your best bet to avoid having to pay for the thing yourself while still making mommy-to-be happy, would be to get some (or one) deep pocketed family member(s) and/or friend(s) to pool their money and buy the thing. But any woman who just insists on having, no...NEEDS to have a $1K stroller is out of her fucking mind. "Dead set on a Bugaboo Cameleon", hahaha...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back