Request for Invitation: Google Wave?

Tux.Bobble

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
UPDATE: DrgnAK reports that invites may be (temporarily?) disabled now. So hopefully they'll be reinstated soon, but until then it looks like we're SOL here...

Alright, I guess I'm collecting people's names for now. Don't know how long I'll keep this up for, but whatever, haha...I'm not on THAT often to update so if anyone else wants to keep one of the first few posts updated, I can always just compile back into the first post whenever I come on...By the way, I'm actually at work now, but it's a REALLY slow day. Most days during the day, I won't be able to update this list very often...so feel free to keep a running list which I can just copy ALL of at the end of the day, haha...If users referred by another user don't get the 8 referrals, I'm going to be bailing out pretty shortly after I get mine since I can't help anyone beyond that, just so everyone knows. Thanks to Bronson-Lee for mentioning that.

Keep in mind it supposedly takes a while to get the account even after being invited, AND it takes a bit longer before you get to invite others.

Screw the formatting. From now on, I'm going to update it when there are nominations being sent just to track the list. Everyone before the "THIS POINT" notification has had the opportunity to be nominated. If they do not respond in a timely manner(24-48 hours), I encourage people to SKIP them and invite someone further down on the list. If they respond after being passed over, they can wait at the bottom again--everyone's eager to get in so time is important to keeping this list flowing, and check your PMs.

Thanks to eugaet, the list is moving--so, if anyone has invites, they can go to: (in order of arrival)

Tux.Bobble
Dufran3
flatliner718
greenrocks
drstan00
stalkwhore
orko60
Yipcha
evophile
gaypunk
ohboy10451
kube00
shizomou
AdvOfJet
Slash_seveN303
DrgnAK
basis
JMClarkent
Dragonsbane
slidecage
Poor2More
soliddragon
Ultrawolf
lifeinthefridge
TheInfiniteAmmo
JuanoTejano
Missingdata
whopper2005
Mook_Dawg
aznmax218
bossman
vpr
Invader Bugs
Connavar
tigerpants
DS-Row
Link127
Slayzz
JJSP
shadylane
sephiroth_4
runciter
Osiris11235
lethallady
zenintrude
l206312
dberthia
BrandonOne
Popnmusic
Vyrtigo
Creepy
Wolfkin
roncoalition
Nelo Ice
nanobi
arthritisarty
caedeskhan
jscme
spidamatrix
jprev
osmosis11
muhsheesuh
icehouse
Danil ACE
Jayrcee
galvatron2k1
horns456
tacgnol
kilatofu

***NOMINATIONS HAVE BEEN OFFERED TO EVERYONE ABOVE THIS POINT, CONTINUE BELOW***

Shibbikins
mdvalenz
Disco Monkey
mbauer14
DietPoopSoda

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, add me to the list. If anyone has a Google Wave invitation, I would like to try it out. My extra invites will be given out on CAG, Pay it forward

I would like to be included as well. Any invites i get for my account once signed up will most certainly go to someone on here (CAG)

I would be interested in Google wave it looks useful. The embed function looks handy for a site I'm working on. I'll pay it forward to CAG.

Might as well add my name into the list as well. Never heard of this until today and watched the video on it. I filled out the online form saying that I would like to test and have access to it.

Wow. After watching the full video and some the extension videos, I really want this and the Ribbit extension. Would be great for our monthly conference calls.

Oh! Please add my name to the list! My invites will also go to CAG members, of course. I remember getting into the gmail beta when it first launched so many years ago. I was the happiest middle schooler ever! Now I'm in college... I feel so old.

just like the above posters, would like to add myself to be invited too.

admit i never heard of this till today, and like the OT, i'm abit of a tech enthusiast and would be interested in how G-wave turns out.

I hope people aren't getting their hopes up too much. I have to say, it seems like no one's going to get that "first invite", which is really the only one that matters at this point...haha...shame.

I want in on this list as well. I am blown away by Google Wave, it looks like it will render forums, blogs, email, twitter, news aggregators, and instant messaging as we know them obsolete.

[quote name='ackbar7']this thread is hilarious[/QUOTE]

Eh, the likelihood of this working out is pretty slim, but hey, it's not hurting anyone right? Except giving us false hopes which may eventually break our spirits and cause us to go on violent rampages...

Well it will work, eventually. Google will be sending out more invites and since everyone on here should be signed up to possibly get one from google then eventually someone on here will get the invite, and should be able to invite others eventually as well. I'm not holding my breath but I am confident that I will get into Wave earlier than had I not signed this.

I just got a few Google Voice invites, I would like to trade for a Google Wave invite. Any takers?

[quote name='flatliner718']any word on invites....or whatever?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no. I have yet to hear of anyone in this list getting invited. I don't know how much longer I'll be maintaining this since it does not appear that anyone will be invited anytime soon. But for the moment, I'll try to keep up to date as much as possible...

Well, if you wouldn't mind adding me to that list, that would be great. Hopefully we'll hear something about more invites in the near future.

OK, take me off the list.

I have 5 Google Wave invites. The following people need to PM me their Gmail addresses:

Tux.Bobble 10/26 10/30
Dufran3 10/27 10/30
flatliner718 10/27 10/31
greenrocks 10/27 10/31?
drstan00 10/27 10/30
( = nominated, = invite received)

Doublecheck for typos before you send me the PM! I'm just going to copy/paste whatever address you PM me, so don't make me waste the invite by giving me the wrong address.

Please be patient. I received my invite 4 days after I was nominated. 7 days after setting up my Wave account, I received my own invites to give out. YMMV. Hopefully, you 5 will get your own invites to give out within 14 days of nomination and then another 25+ on the list can get nominated. Once we get rolling, there should be no stopping us. :)

Please let me know when you get your invite.

EDIT: Heh. Now that someone actually has invites, here come the requests. ;)

EDIT EDIT: I've now PM'd the first 5 on the list asking them to come back and check the thread. If I don't hear from them by Saturday, the invite gets passed on to the next one in line.

bread's done
Back