Request for Invitation: Google Wave?

Tux.Bobble

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
UPDATE: DrgnAK reports that invites may be (temporarily?) disabled now. So hopefully they'll be reinstated soon, but until then it looks like we're SOL here...

Alright, I guess I'm collecting people's names for now. Don't know how long I'll keep this up for, but whatever, haha...I'm not on THAT often to update so if anyone else wants to keep one of the first few posts updated, I can always just compile back into the first post whenever I come on...By the way, I'm actually at work now, but it's a REALLY slow day. Most days during the day, I won't be able to update this list very often...so feel free to keep a running list which I can just copy ALL of at the end of the day, haha...If users referred by another user don't get the 8 referrals, I'm going to be bailing out pretty shortly after I get mine since I can't help anyone beyond that, just so everyone knows. Thanks to Bronson-Lee for mentioning that.

Keep in mind it supposedly takes a while to get the account even after being invited, AND it takes a bit longer before you get to invite others.

Screw the formatting. From now on, I'm going to update it when there are nominations being sent just to track the list. Everyone before the "THIS POINT" notification has had the opportunity to be nominated. If they do not respond in a timely manner(24-48 hours), I encourage people to SKIP them and invite someone further down on the list. If they respond after being passed over, they can wait at the bottom again--everyone's eager to get in so time is important to keeping this list flowing, and check your PMs.

Thanks to eugaet, the list is moving--so, if anyone has invites, they can go to: (in order of arrival)

Tux.Bobble
Dufran3
flatliner718
greenrocks
drstan00
stalkwhore
orko60
Yipcha
evophile
gaypunk
ohboy10451
kube00
shizomou
AdvOfJet
Slash_seveN303
DrgnAK
basis
JMClarkent
Dragonsbane
slidecage
Poor2More
soliddragon
Ultrawolf
lifeinthefridge
TheInfiniteAmmo
JuanoTejano
Missingdata
whopper2005
Mook_Dawg
aznmax218
bossman
vpr
Invader Bugs
Connavar
tigerpants
DS-Row
Link127
Slayzz
JJSP
shadylane
sephiroth_4
runciter
Osiris11235
lethallady
zenintrude
l206312
dberthia
BrandonOne
Popnmusic
Vyrtigo
Creepy
Wolfkin
roncoalition
Nelo Ice
nanobi
arthritisarty
caedeskhan
jscme
spidamatrix
jprev
osmosis11
muhsheesuh
icehouse
Danil ACE
Jayrcee
galvatron2k1
horns456
tacgnol
kilatofu

***NOMINATIONS HAVE BEEN OFFERED TO EVERYONE ABOVE THIS POINT, CONTINUE BELOW***

Shibbikins
mdvalenz
Disco Monkey
mbauer14
DietPoopSoda

Last edited by a moderator:
First 5 on the list have been nominated for an invite. Please let me know when you get your invite. I'm not expecting to hear anything until maybe Monday, though I'm not sure how busy they are right now...could take more, could take less.

OK, I've got confirmation from a non-CAG that they received their Wave invite from me today, so they should start showing up soon. Have you received your invite yet, Tux?

[quote name='eugaet']OK, I've got confirmation from a non-CAG that they received their Wave invite from me today, so they should start showing up soon. Have you received your invite yet, Tux?[/QUOTE]

Just got mine this morning, thanks again! And wow, I am confused as hell right now, about how the interface works, despite watching videos. Guess it's a trial and error style learning experience, haha...

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']Just got mine this morning, thanks again![/QUOTE]Great! Hopefully you'll have some invites to pass down in a week or so.

Also, don't forget to remove me from the list in the OP.

EDIT: Just had a wave w/ Tux. I ended up replying to his posts as he was typing them. Felt like it made things a little bit disjointed. This'll take some getting used to.

I have a few that I can offer, but I'm borderline retarded and not quite sure where in the list you are. Who are the 1st and 2nd people now in line to get invites?

And sorry, no invites to anyone with a join date after the OP. We allowed that for the Joost signups and it got totally out of control.

[quote name='speedracer']I have a few that I can offer, but I'm borderline retarded and not quite sure where in the list you are. Who are the 1st and 2nd people now in line to get invites?

And sorry, no invites to anyone with a join date after the OP. We allowed that for the Joost signups and it got totally out of control.[/QUOTE]

I'd like an invite if you can't get it figured out.:) Just recently started google voice and loving it so far!

Never mind, got an invite from a fellow CAGer!

[quote name='speedracer']I have a few that I can offer, but I'm borderline retarded and not quite sure where in the list you are. Who are the 1st and 2nd people now in line to get invites?

And sorry, no invites to anyone with a join date after the OP. We allowed that for the Joost signups and it got totally out of control.[/QUOTE]

Someone PM'd me to offer some invites to the group. I told him to start where we left off (after the line break and "UP TO HERE" message) but I don't know where he finished up. I'll PM him again to tell him to post here with who he PM'd, etc...

Just got the invite a few minutes ago. Thanks again eugaet! Will make sure to stop back here once I receive some invites to give out

[quote name='flatliner718']i'm in now. Only thing is i don't see how i send more invites out....been searching while signed in, but damn confused.[/QUOTE]

You don't get any invites for a while, as in days, I think.

[quote name='flatliner718']i'm in now. Only thing is i don't see how i send more invites out....been searching while signed in, but damn confused.[/QUOTE]It was 7 days after I created my account before I was given any invites to give out.

[quote name='eugaet']It was 7 days after I created my account before I was given any invites to give out.[/QUOTE]
Ah, good call. Thanks again btw

I've got 13 and they're all going out to CAGs. I've PM'd these people and will get their invites out. If anyone doesn't respond in the next two days or so, I'll hit the next person on the list and so on.

Poor2More
soliddragon
Ultrawolf
lifeinthefridge
TheInfiniteAmmo
JuanoTejano
Missingdata
whopper2005
Mook_Dawg
aznmax218
bossman
vpr
Invader Bugs

Way to stay on it Tux! This would be a headache otherwise. Thanks dude.

The following invites have gone out. Still waiting on emails from the rest.

whopper2005
JuanoTejano
lifeinthefridge
bossman
aznmax218
Ultrawolf
Invader Bugs
soliddragon
TheInfiniteAmmo
Missingdata

I've already promised my 13 invites, but I would appreciate it if the next person to offer did so to LinkinPrime. I didn't see his request on there. He's been a mod in a pretty thankless forum for a good long time and I think getting a bump to the top of the list here is a very reasonable perk for all the hours he puts in.

Pretty please.

[quote name='speedracer']Way to stay on it Tux! This would be a headache otherwise. Thanks dude.

[/QUOTE]
just think how much easier it will be with google wave!

odd, i'm supposed to have been invited, but still have yet to receive an invite email from google itself. did those that got invited recently get the invite mail yet? just checking - thx.

oh and i'll certainly give some of my invites back to the community in appreciation.

Just wondering, but speedracer said he sent out my invite last night around 6pm, and I still haven't gotten it. How long do they normally take?

edit: haha, sorry, I wasn't really paying attention when I posted this, I didn't see that basis up there posted basically the same thing. But thanks to anyone who can answer our question :p

heres the info you want

[quote name='eugaet']
Please be patient. I received my invite 4 days after I was nominated. 7 days after setting up my Wave account, I received my own invites to give out. YMMV. Hopefully, you 5 will get your own invites to give out within 14 days of nomination and then another 25+ on the list can get nominated. Once we get rolling, there should be no stopping us. :)
[/QUOTE]

JuanoTejano thanks for the info. i must have missed reading that, my bad. guess will have to be patient now.

[quote name='lethallady']count me in guys. make a happy girl

don't spam this address k ?[/QUOTE]

That's why you don't post your e-mail address in here.

For everyone else thinking of posting: just post a request to be added to the list. When the list gets to you, you will receive a PM from someone who has available invitations. At that point, you have a short time (at the inviter's discretion, I suggest 24-48 hours) to respond VIA PM with your e-mail address. Thus, not everyone here gets your e-mail address.

As far as the list goes, as soon as I get confirmation that you have been PM'd, you are "nominated" as far as I'm concerned, because you got your opportunity to get nominated. Whether you reply in a timely manner is not my problem, so check your PM's often if you don't want to be put back at the bottom of the list. I will not move anyone from the "already nominated" to the "need to be nominated" section except at the very bottom, last in line.

Also I will point out again, it takes time to receive your invites. It's not a standard time frame as far as I know--people have reported the next morning, and others have said 2-3 weeks. It just depends on when Google sends out another group of invites. They are done all together, not individually, so it's likely that many people will get invited at around the same time, but there will be a gap in between sets.

As far as getting the ability to invite others, I have yet to hear a reliable prediction of how Google handles those, so if anyone has any thoughts let me know. As in my initial post, someone mentioned that some people will not gain the ability to nominate others for now. If that is the case, this list will be slow, unfortunately.

bread's done
Back