Request: Juno and/or AVP:R deals?

or if you plan on getting Predator on Blu Ray as well then BB will have a 2 for $45 when you purchase AVPR and Predator making it $22.49 for each movie.

I'm also looking for a deal on Juno. It really pisses me off that they are charging more for it because they are "including" a crappy digital copy of the movie that I have no desire for. Why the fuck do I want a crappy digital copy that I'd watch on a tiny screen bundled with a hi definition Blu-Ray? I buy Blu-Ray so I don't have to watch movies that look like crap, bundling and charging more for a version that looks like crap really bothers me.

Costco is selling the 'special edition' version of Juno for $22.99, BUT it's free if you buy the $60 iTunes giftcard bundle. I'm going to update with item numbers later today (hopefully).

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm also looking for a deal on Juno. It really pisses me off that they are charging more for it because they are "including" a crappy digital copy of the movie that I have no desire for. Why the fuck do I want a crappy digital copy that I'd watch on a tiny screen bundled with a hi definition Blu-Ray? I buy Blu-Ray so I don't have to watch movies that look like crap, bundling and charging more for a version that looks like crap really bothers me.[/QUOTE]

they're not charging more for the blu ray with digital copy

the MSRP has been the same for all fox releases since blu ray started

[quote name='animemaniac14']yes yes i agree with project on this one...DO NOT BUY AVP2![/quote]

I'll get it when its one of Blockbusters $3 used copies. Since that would have cost me $.10 to get w/ credit.

Until then from what i've heard its a 2 hour rental with movie pass.

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm also looking for a deal on Juno. It really pisses me off that they are charging more for it because they are "including" a crappy digital copy of the movie that I have no desire for. Why the fuck do I want a crappy digital copy that I'd watch on a tiny screen bundled with a hi definition Blu-Ray? I buy Blu-Ray so I don't have to watch movies that look like crap, bundling and charging more for a version that looks like crap really bothers me.[/QUOTE]

I guess you just started buying BDs last week.

FOX charges the same price for an MPEG2 encoded 20 year old film that's squeezed on to a disc that's too small(Single Layer).

You aren't paying extra for anything. Fox has been price gouging for a year plus now.

BTW- How do you use the Target Coupon on BDs?

[quote name='shadowrage']BTW- How do you use the Target Coupon on BDs?[/quote]

Find a cashier who is either an idiot or doesn't care and will scan the coupon anyway.

[quote name='animemaniac14']yes yes i agree with project on this one...DO NOT BUY AVP2![/quote]

It may not be worth buying, but it is definately worth watching, unlike the original AvP.

I'm in the minority who enjoyed both films, I'm an Alien/Predator nut. Too bad you missed out on the Amazon deal a little while ago (I think a week or two ago) where they offered the 2 pack for only $27.95. They just shipped mine out today, not the best movies in the work but they're definitely worth $14 each on Blu-Ray to me.

[Edit: Forgot you mentioned Juno, when I said both films I meant the AVP series. Sorry about that.]

[quote name='shadowrage']My $28 2pack is shipping soon, and they charged my card.[/quote]

Same here mine shipped today...I keep expecting that only AVP-R (which is currently selling for $28) is gonna show up tomorrow...

[quote name='SuperFox']It may not be worth buying, but it is definately worth watching, unlike the original AvP.[/quote]

I agree, I liked it better than the original.

WIth the Target coupon, does your total have to be $25 before tax or after? The coupon doesn't specify so I thought someone in here would be able to speak from experience.

[quote name='Nastyman!']I'm in the minority who enjoyed both films, I'm an Alien/Predator nut. Too bad you missed out on the Amazon deal a little while ago (I think a week or two ago) where they offered the 2 pack for only $27.95. They just shipped mine out today, not the best movies in the work but they're definitely worth $14 each on Blu-Ray to me.

[Edit: Forgot you mentioned Juno, when I said both films I meant the AVP series. Sorry about that.][/quote]

Yea. I'm with you there I guess I am also one of the few people who liked this movie. I saw that deal awhile ago and passed on it because I already had AvP. And since it wasn't the newer version of AvP i decided not to get it. I think I'm going to use the BB deal. Thanks Guys.

Did anyone find any deals on Juno?

Best deal I could find on Juno (Blu-Ray) was at FYE online. Price = $21.79 AR with Free Budget Shipping (FOR MEMBERS) and $24.99 AR with Free Budget Shipping (FOR NON-MEMBERS).

Not bad if you don't mind dealing with a mail-in rebate for $7.

v2zrrl.jpg

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']
v2zrrl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Err, thanks for the find, but how does this help us looking for the BD? The thread had the BD icon to signify it...

I bought the AVP Unrated 2-Pack for 27.95 @ Amazon before they raised the price back up, and I picked up Juno from them as well in hopes it might go on sale withing 30 days like a lot of movies do.

Fox has always price gouged on new technology like BR... they did the same with dvd before that and were one of the last studios to even release dvds... id be happy if all the studios took a cue from Warner about supporting new technology with affordable product

bread's done
Back