Request on deals for ipad 2 (or other tablets)

iTofuMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So in college and one thing i really dont like doing is carrying around a heavy laptop. I am looking mainly for any cheap places that sell ipad 2 (preferably 32GB Wifi only) or any other tablet to help my needs.

I really only want an ipad2 (aside for school) because i own an itouch and have apps that could work on both. Plus i want to use it as a Movie player/Books. i probably wont be using it for music as like i said before i have an itouch for that.

So with that where would be the best place to buy it at? i dont have the money (probably at least not for full price eg 599$ on apple) right now so i would need to wait. I really dont want to try ebay/craiglist mainly because its alot of money im am giving away and majority of the time (for ebay) they use stock photo so i really dont see how the item looks like, like if its really new or just repackaged. I wanna lay off craiglist as it seems like in my area everyone is selling gen 1, and would really feel better with an ipad 2.

Or again if anything you could recommend other cheap tablets that could help with school/movies/book, and maybe some games. also forgot to mention if any tablets out now could run Minecraft?

Thanks!

craigslist is your only chance imo. Ebay has ok deals every blue moon, but craigslist deals for ipad 2's pop up every day. I got my ipad 2 32 gb for $500 brand new on craigslist.

You could also wait and get the Kindle Fire in November. It's only $200, tho it doesn't have the full Android marketplace and its hardware is a bit behind the times.

Other than that, all other GOOD tablets will cost about as much as the iPad. Just do craigslist... It's not that bad.

Instead of starting another thread about a similar subject, I'll tack on here with my own Ipad 2 deal story....

Ive been looking at them for a few days now, and I was planning on trying to go for the wi-fi only 32GB model for my gf as a Christmas gift. Anyway, I find this lady at work selling the 64GB Wi-Fi plus 3G model for 550. Says she paid 830 for it, but had an emergency and needs the money. I immediately call her and now have setup a time to go look at it on Saturday. Seems like a good deal as long as it isn't dinged or scratched up. My question is this....

I don't know much about these things. Could she have done anything to it that may cause it to have a virus or some other damaging software on it?

If she had a warranty, would it still be valid with me as the new owner? If she didn't have one, could I get one or is it too late?

This seems like a good deal on paper...would you guys buy this if it was in great shape as opposed to buying a lesser GB model for the same price new?

Thanks for the help, and sorry to hijack your thread, itofuman, but since we are looking for the same thing I figured I would just add to the discussion.

thanks dark but like i said at least in my areas people are rarely selling ipad 2, and even if they are it seems they want more than a new one (really dont see how that makes sense)

although ill keep looking! like i said i dont really have the money right now so hopefully when i do (or close to having it) deals will come up

also josh no problem. like you said we are both looking for deals so i dont consider it a hijack. hope you can get that ipad deal!

I'm not sure how you feel about the HP Touchpad, but you could get a package deal for around $250 on ebay. It's an awesome product to have, and I use mine everyday.

@CheapAssHustla

I have been thinking about getting that. if anything i would only mainly because of its cheapness, but the downside is that i really dont want to rebuy some of things i have that would work on both my itouch and ipad.

@Whodey

well like i said i dont have enough (at least from what people are asking for) although i have only seen some black friday sales (walmart) and the crowd was ridiculous. i would assume bestbuy wold be just as worse, and we dont really have anything else here in hawaii (at least from where i live)

Do they have online black friday deals? if anything that would work best with me as most of my paycheck goes straight to the bank (i dont like having a bunch of money on me at one time)

[quote name='iTofuMan']@CheapAssHustla

I have been thinking about getting that. if anything i would only mainly because of its cheapness, but the downside is that i really dont want to rebuy some of things i have that would work on both my itouch and ipad.

@Whodey

well like i said i dont have enough (at least from what people are asking for) although i have only seen some black friday sales (walmart) and the crowd was ridiculous. i would assume bestbuy wold be just as worse, and we dont really have anything else here in hawaii (at least from where i live)

Do they have online black friday deals? if anything that would work best with me as most of my paycheck goes straight to the bank (i dont like having a bunch of money on me at one time)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know what you mean. That's the only reason I got one. It was an experience to say the least. I just couldn't see paying more than $300 for a tablet though. A decent laptop could be had for $500-$600. It also gets pricey if you want to print, and buy the keyboard dock. So I paid just under $200 for my tablet with the keyboard, case, and screen protector. That would have to be my deal of the year.

bread's done
Back