Requesting the best instore warranty for the 360

bo0

CAGiversary!
What retailer offers the longest instore product replacement plan for the 360???

[quote name='ctice44']Game Crazy offers a 2 yr warranty for $54.99.

Also, Mircosoft just bumped the "out of box" warranty from 90 days to 1 yr.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2006/1222-xbox360warrantyextended.htm[/QUOTE]

Wow good move xbox.... I was about to swing my next gen dollars to the ps3 table.

Thanks for the heads up....

Does MS still offer a 60 dollar 2 year warranty?? is that included in the box as a mail out or what?

How can i get a 2 yr one through MS?

Umm, no their is better. If their is a costco near you, you can return any item for any reason at any point in time. As long as you have the reciept I believe. ANY REASON AND THEY GIVE NEW ONE.

Yeah Costco is the best from what I have heard but 50$ for the membership. Also I think they only sell bundles for all their systems. All the others are about the same depends on your store. I would go with target as they are really nicely price. I think its like 3 years for 30$ but I don't know if they fix it in store or you must send it out. If Target sends it out then BB or CC. I think both are 50$ for a 2 year.

I got the MS one and its is a pain to send it in and out if you want it fixed. MS is in the box. I just called so i don't have to send anything in. Number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX (the one I used anyways)

Edit : Never mind it was for the XBOX not the XBOX 360 (this was the one online)

best buy is the best. you can return these things at any time and get the amount back in a gift card at any time...... BUT if you have credit cards many will double the warrenty so you can get 2 years for free

[quote name='cthcky33']costco doesnt even need a receipt, as they can look up sales under ur member number[/QUOTE]

Costco seems like the best deal.... but im not really looking to buy a bundle.... nor do i want to pay $50 for a membership. I think I might just tough it out and take the the XBOX 2 year warranty even if it is a pain the ass, it is only 35 dollars.... I'll be getting a 360 from overstock.com witha 12% discount for new customers.

Check out wal-marts warranty. I know the Wii is 2 years coverage after the manufacture's warranty (if I read it correctly) for like around 20 bucks. The 360 maybe around there or slightly more.

Best Buy is the best hands down..2 year replacement for 49.99

o BTW costco is changing its policy jan 1st, cuz people was taken advantage of it, go figure

Game Crazy des not overlap the manufacturer's warranty. So, the 2 yrs for $54.99 is essentially like getting a 3 yr warranty (1 yr MS, 2 yr GC).

[quote name='ctice44']Game Crazy des not overlap the manufacturer's warranty. So, the 2 yrs for $54.99 is essentially like getting a 3 yr warranty (1 yr MS, 2 yr GC).[/QUOTE]

really are you sure?

Can you verify this? I've never been to the gamecrazy in my area. Is it a instore replacement or a mail out?

In store replacement...and I am positive, I work at Game Crazy. We do not overlap with the manufacturer's warranty.

[quote name='bo0']really are you sure?

Can you verify this? I've never been to the gamecrazy in my area. Is it a instore replacement or a mail out?[/QUOTE]
they are part of hollywood video

Yup bestbuy is the best for Service plans on consoles.
I've been saying this for years.

in 2 years they will replace my ps3 and give me a gift card for the amount i paid for the system plus tax. Which can be used for anything in the store.
Like a brand new ps3 with a 100dollar price drop by then (2 years)

When i bought my 360 back in mid november Target had and still has 3 yrs for 29.99. There was no way i was leaving and not getting that.

[quote name='ctice44']In store replacement...and I am positive, I work at Game Crazy. We do not overlap with the manufacturer's warranty.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Sorry about that I'm not trying to bea jerk just trying to make sure because I wouldn't want to get screwed.

Sam's club has 3 years extended for $39.85. Purchased it with mine cause I didn't like the idea of plunking down $400+ and only having 90 days warranty.

[quote name='Envenomed']Sam's club has 3 years extended for $39.85. Purchased it with mine cause I didn't like the idea of plunking down $400+ and only having 90 days warranty.[/QUOTE]

well atleast MS now gives all 360 owners a 1 year warranty instead of only the 90 day.

bread's done
Back