Resell Price lookup?

CapAmerica

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Does anyone know if there is a site out there that would let you lookup the resell value on games for stores like GameStop and EB? I've been thinking of selling off a few of my games BUT I don't want to bring down a stack of game only to find out I'll only get $1 or $2 for each games at that point I rather just keep the games.

I've heard a few people mention Tradestop before but aside from that I think your stuck plunking your games on the counter at EB, at least GS will tell you the price over the phone
icon_smile.gif
unlike the bastards at EB, you have to bring them in sir so we can scan the UPC :roll:

They also have to visually check the condition, and if you come to the store, at least there's a chance you'll spend some money there, or trade your stuff because you're 'already there'. Whereas if they give you price over the phone, not only can you then say 'You said five bucks!" when your game looks like it's been through the shredder, but that's 'non productive' time--if I'm a customer at the counter ready to drop 35 or 50 bucks on a new game, and he's on the phone giving trade prices for someone who is not likely to even bring them in and trade them, I'm going to be pissed, and they may lose *my* sale in addition to any business you aren't bringing them.
It's a business decision, they're trying to maximize profits and focus on their actual customers. I don't have a problem with that.

Next time you go to EB, just take them in and ask what you'd get for them. They should have the display set up so you can see what they ring up as. You can always say 'no thanks'.

I don't know if this is true anymore, but when I worked at GameStop 4 years ago, (then FuncoLand), it seemed we offered 25% of what the selling price was. (i.e. a $40 dollar used game would get you $10)

Again, I don't know if this is still true...

[quote name='jshendel']I don't know if this is true anymore, but when I worked at GameStop 4 years ago, (then FuncoLand), it seemed we offered 25% of what the selling price was. (i.e. a $40 dollar used game would get you $10)

Again, I don't know if this is still true...[/QUOTE]

Funcoland used to have a printout of the trade in prices on the wall. I remember looking at games (like dragon warrior 4) that they'd sell for 50, but offer like 5 bucks trade in. Even the employees laughed at the ridiculous trade in prices and said it wasn't worth it, at least at the one I went to. This was at a time when they had those commercials with a hand holding wads of cash say "we give you real money, unlike them" (or something like that) and then they'd show a hand with a couple bucks representing other places that bought used games.

You could always post a list here.

I'll offer you 80% of the Ebay value of each game.

Depending on what games you have, somebody here might offer you more.

Depending on how old the games are, POX titles can be 75 cents and PO titles can be as low as $1.

Trading in games usually nets you less than reselling them here or on eBay.

Another great way to improve the money you get for your games is to take advantage of EB's trade in X games, get Y for free deals.

With the current GT4 sale and its current eBay resale value, you're getting around $8 per game. If you get a clerk nice enough to allow multiple trade in deals, you can make some serious money.

As far as POX titles, new games gets around $5 each before shipping in bulk lots. Used games get around $4 each in bulk lots. Lots put up by rhonna24 "magically" get $6-8 per game.

The bastards at EB are ringing people up and trying to help people find things in the store, so looking up 10 of your random games in a huge database that cannot look them up by their title (everything is abbreviated weird) is pretty difficult. Most stores will give 3 or 4 values over the phone.

[quote name='Dagnabbit']The bastards at EB are ringing people up and trying to help people find things in the store, so looking up 10 of your random games in a huge database that cannot look them up by their title (everything is abbreviated weird) is pretty difficult. Most stores will give 3 or 4 values over the phone.[/QUOTE]

My EB refuses to give me a trade-in value on a single game. :roll:

You can almost always get more money selling games on half.com or ebay than you can trading them in. Personally I prefer half. No listing fees and the items will stay listed until they sell. You have to wait up to three weeks to get your money after you sell something, but to me that's better than having to pay listing fees on something that might not sell.

bread's done
Back