Resident Evil 1-3 & Anime (Future Shop CAN & Walmart USA) Blu-ray SteelBooks $15 each

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Resident Evil 1 - $16.99 CAD
Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse - $16.99 CAD
Resident Evil 3: Extinction - $19.99 CAD
Resident Evil: Degeneration (Anime) - $19.99 CAD

Release Date: Friday, August 27, 2010

[quote name='fan_of_gaming']I'm not sure why Brana has not announced this yet, but Futureshop will have Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Resident Evil: Extinction and Resident Evil: Degeneration steelbooks available in stores beginning I believe on Friday, August 27.[/QUOTE]

Courtesy by fan_of_gaming

5vwqpk.jpg

fz7xqo.jpg

nexoa0.jpg

r0b80p.jpg

2na0mqw.jpg

EDIT 1: Here's another 8 pictures from chaingunsofdoom from bluray forum.

EDIT 2: Updated from Fan_Of_Gaming via Blu-ray forum

the bonus disc titled "Program Alice: Activated" is 22-23 minutes in length and contains synopsis's of the first 3 Resident Evil movies and a sneak peek at the 4th film, Afterlife. Brief interview segments with Paul Anderson, Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Ali Larter, Oded Fehr, etc and some 'making of' clips are included.
EDIT 3: WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN USA!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad was up in Boone, NC and scouted the Walmart and grabbed one of each except Degeneration. He said that they only had one copy of each and that they had just put them out today.

[quote name='kburns10']How is the anime? I've always wanted to see it, but I haven't had a chance to yet.[/QUOTE]

Pretty stupid, but much better than the third live action movie.

I picked up the three at the Walmart by the SuperMall in Auburn, WA. They were redoing the ENTIRE Blu-Ray section, and there were maybe 10 of each all at the very left side of the row, closest to the front of the department. Like everyone else, I was less interested in the anime version. So I stuck with the live action stuff. It's not my usual cup of tea, but Milla is hot, Rodriguez is a HUGE fave, and the steelbooks are sweet. ;)

Not really a steelbook fan, but for $15 a piece, I couldn't resist. Loved all 3 of the movies. I haven't finished watching Degeneration yet (had to stop it half way through due to complaints at Blockbuster ;)).

[quote name='kburns10']How is the anime? I've always wanted to see it, but I haven't had a chance to yet.[/QUOTE]

It's not anime, it's a CG movie like Advent Children. It's... okay. Not horrible, not great.

If the tech level was better for Degeneration it'd easily be my favorite but its almost hard to watch in a way. I still like that fact that is relates to the games better.

Degeneration seems to be not available in Quebec for some dumb reason - can anyone in a less annoying province grab 2 copies for me and a friend and mail it to montreal for not too unreasonable a markup? ;)

Also, it seems sale price ends today :(
---
Sam.

My Walmart had about 15 copies of each one. All 4 for $63 after taxes. Thanks OP!

I stood there going through all of them to try to get ones that didn't have any dings in the case. Of course after I get home and take off the Walmart paper the first movie had a couple little dings in it :whistle2:(.

I thought it was kind if shitty that there was no insert in the cases so I used scissors to trim down the Walmart paper insert that tells you about the movie and features in such a way that it would fit inside the case.

It took me quite a while to find them in the movie section, but I scored all 4 movies at my local Wal-Mart yesterday! :D

Here's hoping we can get a Resident Evil: Afterlife Steelbook later on too!

Damn, I really want these, but I already own the trilogy on Blu so I'm not sure I can justify another $60 on them. I might pick up Degeneration though.

I double dipped. I can't resist steelbook cases. I already own the trilogy and the Degeneration on blu-ray. I bought the trilogy set the day it came out at BB. I might be able to sell them all to my buddy though.

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. My Wal-Mart had tons of each of these.

I wonder how many folks are going to view all of these before going to see Afterlife? My fiance suggested we should have a party to watch them with friends before we go see Afterlife.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Meh, those look pretty weak. I really dig the trilogy one:

Resident-Evil-Trilogie.jpg
[/QUOTE]

where can u get that from jp maybe

All my area stores have them. Still debating on picking them up, because I only liked the first one, but I'm a sucker for steelbooks on the cheap.

$5 more for the steelbook is worth it IMO. I did finally find these and picked up the three movies. BTW, Afterlife wasn't that bad but you definitely need to be a fan of the games. The final fight sequence with Wesker was amazing and pays homage to the ship fight in RE5.

bread's done
Back