Resident Evil 1-3, Degeneration Steelbooks $7.88 at Wal-Mart YMMV?

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Saw all four RE steelbooks in my wal-mart in the $7.88 bin. Just a heads up for you steelbook collectors.

One of my CAG buddies also confirmed this at their Wal-Mart as well. So hopefully it isn't YMMV.

These had been gone at my wal-mart for a while so guess it is just leftover stock maybe?

[quote name='ITDEFX']WHOA ...it must be YMMV because I haven't seen the RE steelbooks in nearly 2 years.[/QUOTE]

They're back for the 7.88 blu dump bin promo though they may get replaced with the non steel.

I saw the same thing at a WM near my house. They had them tossed in the $7.88 bin as has been reported so if you're a steelbook fan this is a good chance to get some.

Gotta go to WM tonight, will check on this too. RE1 wasn't a very good movie but I enjoyed it in high school as it was one of the first "horror" movies I got into..I was always too scared to watch em :p

Of the five Wal-Marts I've been to in the last week or so (darn Skylanders), only one had them, and that store only had the first and third. But they were steelbooks and $7.88. This was in Concord, NC.

Blu-Ray Steelbooks... I wants =)

Any CAGer willing to grab all four and ship?

PM me or we can set something up on the trade board.

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty crazy these are stiill around.

I got the first 3 from a pawn shop for $15, since then Ive moved away from that area and I miss that shop alot.

$6 blus and $10 xbox games :(

i picked up a set, thanks OP!

But perfectionists should be aware that the steelbooks may have some minor dings / dents / scuffs because of the lack of packaging protection + the way they're stored at Walmart... (these are my first movie steelbooks, so maybe all movie steelbooks are just wrapped in a sheet of saran-wrap w/out any protective layering at all)

Every Walmart should be getting a 7.88 Sony PDQ so if you don't have them yet, they might not have pulled it out of the back room yet.

Bought all 4 yesterday. Only really watched the first 2 films. There were several left at my local Wal-Mart. It could be that they were at the VERY back of electronics. I was very disappointed. I was super bad wanting the only copy of FF-Advent Children(Non related I know, but in same bin), sadly it was gone :(

[quote name='starmask2k3']is after life part of this deal[/QUOTE]
I picked all of these up and I do not think so I afterlife was 12.99 I think on Steelbook.

These Steelbooks are exclusive to Wal-Mart. Titles include: Resident Evil, Apocalypse, Extinction, and Degeneration. After-Life did not get a Wal-Mart exclusive steelbook. I picked them all up for 33 and change. They will probably be found in your local Wal-Mart's Bargain Blu-Ray Bin so get em fast so you don't get a dented up ghetto copy! Pretty goddamn sweet deal if you ask me!

this belongs in the bluray forum not in the video games forum and its an old posting they already posted it there sorry :p

I saw these about a week ago at my local Walmart. I didn't jump because I didn't have the additional money for them.

I'd probably get After Life because I haven't seen that one. The rest I saw on cable television/edited for content.

Man, I wish there was generic steelbooks, even if they were made of cheap metal plastic hybrid.

Well my bad I obviously discovered it myself and was totally unaware of a blu-ray forum. From the threads I've seen on the main page I just thought anything gaming related could be posted.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']The rest I saw on cable television/edited for content.[/QUOTE]

Um, wow, really? I have a hard time imagining there really being anything left after editing.

yeah i bought them the other day, (the first two is all they had) and re1 is really beat up, you couldnt tell how bad it was until you opened it, prolly 8 dents in the case, mostly on the back. not sure if i want to keep it or not

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'd probably get After Life because I haven't seen that one. The rest I saw on cable television/edited for content.

Man, I wish there was generic steelbooks, even if they were made of cheap metal plastic hybrid.[/QUOTE]

Your wish, as (with all due respect) stupid as it may be, has been granted:

http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/2010/07/blank-steelbook-cases-now-available/

Incredipinoy posted about these overpriced wastes of money about a year ago. Why anyone would want a blank steelbook is pretty much beyond any CAGs comprehension.

I saw Afterlife a few weeks ago, it was my favorite one of the series. Once the confusing beginning scene was done with the multitude of clones(?), I really enjoyed seeing all of the different main characters from the VG series having a role in the movie. None of them are ever going to be on my buy list, but I'll rent as many as they care to make.

[quote name='starmask2k3']is after life part of this deal[/QUOTE]
Afterlife was released separately from these steelbooks and seemingly had a smaller print run. As such it commands a bit of a premium. I'd be surprised if you were able to find one at Walmart still.

I don't think afterlife was a steelbook in the US, at least I can't find anything saying it was. Which doesn't make much sense since WM had all of the other ones.

[quote name='sdcranford']I don't think afterlife was a steelbook in the US, at least I can't find anything saying it was. Which doesn't make much sense since WM had all of the other ones.[/QUOTE]

It's real, it was a WM exclusive. I have all 5 of the WM SB's.

IMG_0049.JPG

Eventually got my hands on RE 1-3 and Degeneration.

[quote name='neoz']It's real, it was a WM exclusive. I have all 5 of the WM SB's.

IMG_0049.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping this shows up in a $7.88 bin next year!

Snagged 1 and 3. Now I need to check other stores for 2, D, and I suppose Afterlife. I can't not have them all now that I have some of them.

[quote name='neoz']It's real, it was a WM exclusive. I have all 5 of the WM SB's.

IMG_0049.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have the SKU or UPC for the Afterlife steelbook so I can call Walmart to see if they have it in stock? Thanks.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Does anyone have the SKU or UPC for the Afterlife steelbook so I can call Walmart to see if they have it in stock? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

UPC is 043396366114

I have seen Advent Children many times in the bargain bin so I was meh on that. I did pick up all 4 RE's. I don't think my Wal-Mart ever even got the steelbooks when they were first released. A lot of them were dinged up and I dug through the bin for like 30 minutes, which was nerve racking because I didn't want to miss Game of Thrones.

bread's done
Back