Resident Evil 1.5

Speed Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
For any Resident Evil fans on the boards I thought you might find this interesting: Resident Evil 1.5

Funny thing is that if Capcom released this in playable form they would probably be shocked at how well it would sell.

i would buy it, but then again if I had the opportunity I would also buy final fantasy IV-2 the path to the moon!

I would buy this if it were on PS2 or PSP! Another RE game based in Racoon City would be nice!

I had RE2 on the DC, so I would prefer it on the PSP!

[quote name='tangytangerine']Wasn't the disc only released in japan as a bonus disc packed in with Resident Evil: Director's Cut?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that this particular version was never finished. Development reached about 80% and then it was scrapped in favor of the version of Resident Evil 2 that actually came to retail, both in Japan and the US.

[quote name='Speed Racer']My understanding is that this particular version was never finished. Development reached about 80% and then it was scrapped in favor of the version of Resident Evil 2 that actually came to retail, both in Japan and the US.[/quote]
Yeah, I know that. I also know that both the U.S. & japan got demo discs of RE2 w/ RE: Director's Cut. But IIRC, japan's "RE2" demo was actually a demo of Resident Evil 1.5. That's what I was trying to say.

Thanks for link. I've always been horrendously interested in 1.5, and this is by far the best shots/video I've seen of it.

God, I really wish Capcom would release it.

Anyway, one of the things I remember reading was that it was scrapped because the police station looked 'too modern'. Which, watching the video, actually seems to bear out. The station looks completely different, while all the lab areas look like they do in the final released RE2.

Thanks again... and I wish Capcom would stop being stupid and release this. Hell, even this incomplete build. It just looks leaps and bounds above any of the other 'standard' RE games.

I've heard that the guy who runs the PlayStation Museum site actually owns a playable version of the game and has been approached about releasing it. Odds are that won't happen but you never know.

If you read the site, it says that the package is an artist's rendition of what the final might have been.

This isn't a joke, it exists, and we've known about it for years.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']It looks to me that its a joke....

How do they have the full packaging if the game was scrapped at 80%???[/quote]

theyre all right the game is legit. i remember they even had some previews of it in a few gaming magazines because what fascinated me the most was the whole blood and damage to your clothing when attacked by zombies. if ever a game deserved to be cleaned up and released this is the one. this is the original concept for re 4 would be cool to see in playable form.

bread's done
Back