Resident Evil 2 for GameCube $19.99 new at Amazon

What I want to know is why RE:CVX on the gamecube is so much harder to find and more expensive than any of the other RE games on the system.

[quote name='StarKnightX']What I want to know is why RE:CVX on the gamecube is so much harder to find and more expensive than any of the other RE games on the system.[/QUOTE]

I have noticed the same thing. The game is too expensive for my taste, and is impossible to find anywhere but ebay.

It's worth 20 bucks if it's absolutely the only way you can play it, but you can get the Dreamcast or PSX version for cheaper I'm sure, and it would look better (particularly the Dreamcast version).

[quote name='lombarvm']I have noticed the same thing. The game is too expensive for my taste, and is impossible to find anywhere but ebay.[/QUOTE]
Cool! Time to sell my new, sealed copy on eBay.

[quote name='wgsquallx2002']Interesting! Where'd you find out about this info? I tried googling but couldn't find any sites that would produce numbers on how many games are produced by each publisher, etc.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2006/01/game_quest_direct_reprints_rar.php

[quote name='StarKnightX']What I want to know is why RE:CVX on the gamecube is so much harder to find and more expensive than any of the other RE games on the system.[/QUOTE]

That because RE Remake and RE Zero both became Player Choice, and RE 2 and 3 got a reprint. CVX didnt get a second print.

[quote name='62t']That because RE Remake and RE Zero both became Player Choice, and RE 2 and 3 got a reprint. CVX didnt get a second print.[/QUOTE]

Well I kinda assumed that at this point , it was more a question of why RE2 & 3 got a reprint , but CVX didn't?

Maybe it was because the PS2 version was (and still is) pretty cheap and easy to find , whereas the others are PS1 games that aren't readily available.

I currently own all the RE-Rereleases on Gamecube except for CVX as it is too damn expensive. However if they put the games out on PSN then I'll be buying all three again just to bring them along on the PSP.

By the way, the Resident Evil port on DS is really fun if you like the original RE game over the Gamecube remake (which I'm not really a fan of)

[quote name='StarKnightX']Well I kinda assumed that at this point , it was more a question of why RE2 & 3 got a reprint , but CVX didn't?

Maybe it was because the PS2 version was (and still is) pretty cheap and easy to find , whereas the others are PS1 games that aren't readily available.[/QUOTE]

When they did the reprint in 2006 RE2 and 3 were rare, but you could still get RECVX for a reasonable price.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Thanks OP. I'll consider picking these up as I've been waiting for them to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

Still not cheap enough in my book.

I actually found RE:CVX during one of those infamous Circuit City sales a few years ago for $5.99. Man I miss those sales.

Wish people hadn't jumped on this yet, it would've gone lower. It had been this price for 6-12 months. Oh well, it's now available for $19.74 shipping included from Hubbagames.

[quote name='As I Bleed']i have the ps1 versions should i upgrade and by the gc versions?[/QUOTE]

same exact thing, if your PS1 discs are in good working condition and you have a system to play it on, I would not buy it.

I've been looking for a copy every time I go to a game store for at least the past two years, and have yet to see an actual copy of this game...

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']I've been looking for a copy every time I go to a game store for at least the past two years, and have yet to see an actual copy of this game...[/QUOTE]

That's odd, the GameStop by me typically has multiple copies of it. They probably still have the one I traded in back a few months ago.

[quote name='gregnied']same exact thing, if your PS1 discs are in good working condition and you have a system to play it on, I would not buy it.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, the Gamecube versions were ports of the Dreamcast versions, and not the PS1 versions.

bread's done
Back