Resident Evil 2 Gamecube $26.99

[quote name='Scarface7']It looks like the game is no longer listed. Guess that would go in the "not reprint" explanation pile.[/quote]

They may have removed it since it out of stock, not because its not a 'reprint'. We will seen soon I'm sure

dam i could have jumped on this soo many times I procrastinated thinking that 30 bucks for any game is too damn much since there is always a better deal around the corner. I hope there is another deal for this.

[quote name='fwacce'][quote name='Deku Tree']If it's a reprint, why are all these out of the way sites getting it first?[/quote]

I don't know if this is a reprint or not, but when they re-release Super Puzzle Fighter it's always the small places that get it in and not the big chains.[/quote]

Not entirely true. When the SPFIIT reprint occurred, every GS and EB in my area (total of 12-15 stores) had at least a couple.

got mine today sealed ane brand spankin new! now that it is confirmed it is not a reptint i am thrilled i got in on this to complete my gc resident evil collection. looks like it's going for 60 + on ebay again already!

[quote name='bluekeith75']got mine today sealed ane brand spankin new! now that it is confirmed it is not a reptint i am thrilled i got in on this to complete my gc resident evil collection. looks like it's going for 60 + on ebay again already![/quote]

No it wasn't confirmed.

The one going for 60+ probably had a bid before the whole fiasco began. There are auctions with 45+ BIN and nobody bites.

[quote name='kiun'][quote name='bluekeith75']got mine today sealed ane brand spankin new! now that it is confirmed it is not a reptint i am thrilled i got in on this to complete my gc resident evil collection. looks like it's going for 60 + on ebay again already![/quote]

No it wasn't confirmed.

The one going for 60+ probably had a bid before the whole fiasco began. There are auctions with 45+ BIN and nobody bites.[/quote]

He is right. Last three auctions ended $64 (all started yesterday)

[quote name='MightySlacker']I just picked one up for 14.99 at my video store today along with a couple other games - had a good laugh to myself when I saw it

Dave[/quote]

More reprint evidence. $15 is a friggin awesome price (new I'm assuming). Could ya maybe pick me up one if I pay ya? (PM me if you're interested.)

Called Capcom's customer service and the guy said that there was DEFINITELY NO REPRINT. BUT that Capcom was looking into a re-release in possibly the next, what he thought, 3 to 4 months.

Capcom, acknowledge a reprint, and spoil its demand? Better to trickle them out slowly.. I don't see a reason to not reprint it, though, at least in a 2-pack with RE3 . Personally, I wished it included the N64 extras as well...

[quote name='MightySlacker']I just picked one up for 14.99 at my video store today along with a couple other games - had a good laugh to myself when I saw it

Dave[/quote]

Do you know if that particular copy had been in the store before, and it was just marked down to sell? Or had you been there and never seen it, to be surprised with it there.

[quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='MightySlacker']I just picked one up for 14.99 at my video store today along with a couple other games - had a good laugh to myself when I saw it

Dave[/quote]

More reprint evidence. $15 is a friggin awesome price (new I'm assuming). Could ya maybe pick me up one if I pay ya? (PM me if you're interested.)[/quote]

This will convince me it was a reprint. :rofl:

[quote name='masha'][quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='MightySlacker']I just picked one up for 14.99 at my video store today along with a couple other games - had a good laugh to myself when I saw it

Dave[/quote]

More reprint evidence. $15 is a friggin awesome price (new I'm assuming). Could ya maybe pick me up one if I pay ya? (PM me if you're interested.)[/quote]

This will convince me it was a reprint. :rofl:[/quote]

Uh, considering it's USED, hardly evidence of a reprint. I laughed because if I found it 2 weeks ago that would have been a nice profit. Still a nice profit for 14.99, but hardly what it was.

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='masha'][quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='MightySlacker']I just picked one up for 14.99 at my video store today along with a couple other games - had a good laugh to myself when I saw it

Dave[/quote]

Uh, considering it's USED, hardly evidence of a reprint. I laughed because if I found it 2 weeks ago that would have been a nice profit. Still a nice profit for 14.99, but hardly what it was.

Dave[/quote]

your first post was pretty misleading....though it game me a laugh that a lot of people are still on this "reprint" wagon

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='masha'][quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='MightySlacker']I just picked one up for 14.99 at my video store today along with a couple other games - had a good laugh to myself when I saw it

Dave[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

your first post was pretty misleading....though it game me a laugh that a lot of people are still on this "reprint" wagon[/quote]

Wishful thinking I guess... ya gotta be positive.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='masha'][quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='MightySlacker']I just picked one up for 14.99 at my video store today along with a couple other games - had a good laugh to myself when I saw it

Dave[/quote]

Dave[/quote]

your first post was pretty misleading....though it game me a laugh that a lot of people are still on this "reprint" wagon[/quote]

Not really misleading, but vague I guess. Although if I saw someone post about getting a good gamecube game for 14.99 from a video store, I'd assume it was used

Dave

[quote name='Scorch']I hope it was republished and the value on EBay plummets.[/quote]

Agreed. I'm sick and fucking tired of all the dumbasses dumping ridiculous amounts of cash on a port of a dc port of a PSOne game that came out nearly a decade ago!

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Scorch']I hope it was republished and the value on EBay plummets.[/quote]

Agreed. I'm sick and shaq-fuing tired of all the dumbasses dumping ridiculous amounts of cash on a port of a dc port of a PSOne game that came out nearly a decade ago![/quote]
Some people want to collect all the main Resident Evil games on one console. I still can't figure out why people can't get this through their thick heads. Its not your money being spent so why are you so sick & tired of it?

Mine is being shipped. Due 3/16 in California ...coming from New Jersey. Is the $5 rebate still available after the order has been placed? I thought I read another poster suggest this...any help? TIA

Its available again here! Why is everybody going crazy over the $50 gamequest deal. When this is a much better deal.

[quote name='dwsscs']Its available again here! Why is everybody going crazy over the $50 gamequest deal. When this is a much better deal.[/quote]

It's still out of stock for me... you sure it's back?

[quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='dwsscs']Its available again here! Why is everybody going crazy over the $50 gamequest deal. When this is a much better deal.[/quote]

It's still out of stock for me... you sure it's back?[/quote]

Yes it was when I posted earlier.

got my copy today.

damn that was fast!

if you live in or around NJ, i highly recommend this place.

as far as i can tell, its doesn't look like a reprint.

[quote name='asaraa']it's back in stock. just ordered one.[/quote]

Yep, I grabbed one too since after that $5 off thing from Pricegrabber, it's only like $22. I still think it's a reprint, but I don't give a damn now that I secured a copy.

[quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='asaraa']it's back in stock. just ordered one.[/quote]

Yep, I grabbed one too since after that $5 off thing from Pricegrabber, it's only like $22. I still think it's a reprint, but I don't give a damn now that I secured a copy.[/quote]

me too. finally completed my RE GC set!

[quote name='asaraa'][quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='asaraa']it's back in stock. just ordered one.[/quote]

Yep, I grabbed one too since after that $5 off thing from Pricegrabber, it's only like $22. I still think it's a reprint, but I don't give a damn now that I secured a copy.[/quote]

me too. finally completed my RE GC set![/quote]

I've still gotta grab RE3 (which I never played) and I dunno if I'll bother getting RE CV since I already have that on Dreamcast. Awesome game though.

Just want to add in saying the GameExpress site is a good place. I ordered RE2 early morning 3/10 and received it this afternoon 3/11. It is brand new with the 2002 date on back.

Now the question is should I wait for RE3 to pop up or buy it used for $27?

I guess I could wait it out.

[quote name='TheFrugalGuy']Just want to add in saying the GameExpress site is a good place. I ordered RE2 early morning 3/10 and received it this afternoon 3/11. It is brand new with the 2002 date on back.

Now the question is should I wait for RE3 to pop up or buy it used for $27?

I guess I could wait it out.[/quote]

I personally would wait for RE3. I mean, if RE2 popped up like this, who knows what'll happen? Anyway, Gameexpress is a really good store -- I've dealt with them before and they're simply fantastic. The only downside to their store is the somewhat high shipping cost, but the game prices are typically low which makes up for things.

Awesome got mine today too!!! Great site I will keep Game Express on my radar from now on! :wink:

Personally if I could find RE3 used in good condition for $27 I would get it!

To reemphasize for those who may have given up earlier, this is still IN STOCK. I may grab one myself, since my old RE2 for PC doesn't work with XP.

Is this game worth the price? I want to order one but I'm not a "collector" and the OOP thing really means nothing to me. Will I be able to enjoy it after playing RE4. The last RE I played before RE4 was RE:CV on DC.

[quote name='Rubberlegs']Is this game worth the price? I want to order one but I'm not a "collector" and the OOP thing really means nothing to me. Will I be able to enjoy it after playing RE4. The last RE I played before RE4 was RE:CV on DC.[/quote]

If I remember anything about the game from when I played it on Playstation, it's that the gameplay was fantastic. I temporarily stole my friend's copy of the PS1 game again and it's still a blast to play. The graphics for the Gamecube look weak obviously, but the game has been upgraded so that it runs at 60 FPS and apparently, some clipping issues have been fixed. The point is -- I still was able to enjoy the hell out of the PS1 version, so it's worth buying.

They have Castlevania: SOTN for only $18.99

http://www.gameexpress.com/product_detail.cfm?UPC=083717171300

its the greatest hits version but still

It's not that hard to find the game for that price since it's not exactly rare. It is one of the best games ever made though.

[quote name='smartasien']its outta stock.... fock... I shoulda took a chance. ASFASFLKAJSFLKJA ](*,)[/quote]

That's exactly how I felt when I missed it the first time. It'll prolly be back though since it seems like they had no trouble restocking the game.

[quote name='Scarface7']I just got my copy. Now where is that hidden pallet of RE3?[/quote]

Maybe they'll open it up when the RE2 stock is gone. They can make more on shipping charges on seperate orders. I hope it shows up since that is the last one I need.

I saw the posting here on CAG on Wednesday night for a new GameCube RE2 for $26.99 from www.gameexpress.com - I ordered it 30 min. later.
They processed it and sent it out the next day - I got it today Saturday.
Total cost: $32.58

I have the PSX - PC and N64 version of this game and the GameCube version is hands down the best looking - the colors in the game are vivid and no funky jaggies - The framerate might be faster as well.

It appears to be just like the N64 version which had the extras built into the game which is a good thing.

Now that Capcom knows they have a winner with the new RE4 engine - hopefully in the near future we will see more resident evil makeovers come to life on the GameCube or the Revolution perhaps .
:D

bread's done
Back