Resident Evil 2 (NGC) Price raised to $49.99 :(

binici

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hi,

Well I found a gold mine, www.gamequestdirect.com has 60 copies left and they are new and sealed! I couldn't believe my eyes :shock: when I read the info. This game company is well trusted and they are mostly in southern California. I ordered mine today, :D and should be receiving it no later than Friday.

Please ask any questions, and hurry before they are all gone!

BiNiCi

Damn... I've already ordered Zelda Collector's Edition and Spikeout today... ah, is it really worth bothering with RE2 at this point? I mean, I know it was supposedly really good back in '98, but has it held up?

GameQuest is a game store in quite a few malls here in Southern Cali. They're legit and usually stock some rare sealed games for MSRP.

is it worth even buying this game if you arent a Resident Evil fan? Im still debating and wondering if this site really is legit

I wonder where they got 70 of these, and why they're not ebaying them themselves. I remember they were the last on-line retailers to stock gitaroo-man last year; been kicking myself for a while for not buying it from them for 40.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']GameQuest is a game store in quite a few malls here in Southern Cali. They're legit and usually stock some rare sealed games for MSRP.[/quote]

Indeed! I wanted to share the goodness with you all, and hopefully you all just buy one copy for yourselves like I did. :)

I also just ordered Spikeout and just CONSIDERED ordering SEVERAL copies to sell on ebay, but I already have the game and I really want to give my fellow CAGs a chance. Please don't let this slip to Fatwallet/Gamefaqs tho!

KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY! :D

its like $2800 for free

i would have rather capcom updated 2 and 3 the same way they had 1- rarity isnt worth it for me

good luck on your ebay auctions, all (use the pricegrabber link)

I still wonder what all the hubub is about this and RE3 on GCN. With the amount of places that RE2 has been ported over to, you'd think this one wouldn't be that rare or cared for. From all I've heard, they really didn't improve that much of this one. I mean you can find a gazillion of them on the PS1, on the N64, and I'm pretty sure they ported it over onto the DC. I think it's just a fake demand in the market that probably after this gen, they won't be worth all that much anymore.

[quote name='Akkis99']is it worth even buying this game if you arent a Resident Evil fan? Im still debating and wondering if this site really is legit[/quote]

If you aren't an RE fan, then you won't like it.

I actually think I'm gonna pass. Regardless of price, the problem with the original series on Playstation was that the games used some ghetto-ass movies/CG scenes and with RE and RE0 on Gamecube, I guess I don't really see the point in getting this game since it's not as good from what I remember.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']71 in stock for me...id love to bite, but im not sure of this sites reputation...im pretty sure that ive bought from them through ebay or something, but not positive[/quote]

While you were thinking I bought a copy...

Thanks OP :!:

Well its a short story how I came across this great deal, I basically was Ebaying RE2 and found a GQ seller and he was selling it for $79.99 BIN, and I e-mailed him for info since I live 8 miles from a GQ and he said don't fret just order one on-line and so I did.

Good luck you all!

Lol, one second it showed 60 in stock, next refresh showed 4, and now it's gone. Good luck on ebay, whoever hoarded.

i bite down. I got one. Thanxs OP. Im gonna keep it sealed and maintained just for my collection. I know this sounds pathetic

[quote name='vherub']its like $2800 for free

i would have rather capcom updated 2 and 3 the same way they had 1- rarity isnt worth it for me

good luck on your ebay auctions, all (use the pricegrabber link)[/quote]

That's really the only value I see in the RE2 and 3 now. They aren't as good as RE1, 0, or 4.

[quote name='mbstuff']Lol, one second it showed 60 in stock, next refresh showed 4, and now it's gone. Good luck on ebay, whoever hoarded.[/quote]

I'm still seeing 59.

Ordered one so now I can keep that for my collection and sell the used copy that I got from EBGames. This is just an awesome deal, great find!

[quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='mbstuff']Lol, one second it showed 60 in stock, next refresh showed 4, and now it's gone. Good luck on ebay, whoever hoarded.[/quote]

I'm still seeing 59.[/quote]

Odd, now it shows me 57. Sorry for the accusation, imaginary hoarder.

Why would anyone get this RE2 or RE3 for gamecube? they are not 480P, the dreamcast versions are 480P and would have better graphics. This version seems pointless.

1. 39.99 for a direct port of this ancient game? Pfft, still not enough to get me to buy it. Capcom should've pulled a REmake with that one. Woulda been freaking awesome.
2. That's a roundabout way to make , potentially, $30. You'd think people would, you know, go to work for 2 hrs or so.

So, in summation, it's for people who REALLYlike to collect.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I still wonder what all the hubub is about this and RE3 on GCN. With the amount of places that RE2 has been ported over to, you'd think this one wouldn't be that rare or cared for. From all I've heard, they really didn't improve that much of this one. I mean you can find a gazillion of them on the PS1, on the N64, and I'm pretty sure they ported it over onto the DC. I think it's just a fake demand in the market that probably after this gen, they won't be worth all that much anymore.[/quote]

i've always wondered the same thing, but considering the rarity of these two titles combined w/ collectors wanting to have the whole re series on one system has blown the $ out of proportion...

[quote name='sark45']Why would anyone get this RE2 or RE3 for gamecube? they are not 480P, the dreamcast versions are 480P and would have better graphics. This version seems pointless.[/quote]

You think Dreamcast version is cheap? :)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I still wonder what all the hubub is about this and RE3 on GCN. With the amount of places that RE2 has been ported over to, you'd think this one wouldn't be that rare or cared for. [/quote]

The selection for survival horror on the NGC must be so slim people are actually fighting over near identical ports of games that are a whole generation old. :roll:

[quote name='sark45']Why would anyone get this RE2 or RE3 for gamecube? they are not 480P, the dreamcast versions are 480P and would have better graphics. This version seems pointless.[/quote]

Could the Dreamcast version really do 480P? I had no idea that one could run anything in progressive scan with the Dreamcast -- I only knew about the VGA box making graphics pretty as hell.

It's mostly for collection value, to complete the series on one console I guess.

this one will be gone by the top of the hour..for sure

I''ll stay away..I don't want to pay 40 bucks for a game that i am not even remotely interested in

bread's done
Back