Resident Evil 2 NO MORE FREEZING!

mrx1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Just rename GameID to SLPS 01222(Japanese game id) when creating the eboot.Credit goes to graz68 and xsphere in the exophase forums.:applause:

Edit:There is some minor slow down.

NTSC-UD

SCUS94900 - Crash Bandicoot
SCUS94476 - Hot Shots Golf 2
SCUS94103 - Jumping Flash!
SCUS94167 - Jet Moto 2
SCUS94200 - Battle Arena Toshinden
SCUS94263 - Bust-A-Groove
SCUS94309 - Jet Moto
SCUS94356 - Cool Boarders - Extreme Snowboarding
SCUS94455 - Gran Turismo 2 - Arcade Mode NTSC-U
SCUS94640 - Syphon Filter 3
SCUS94426 - Crash Team Racing
SLUS00543 - Colony Wars [Disc1of2]

NTSC-J

SCPS10007 - Jumping Flash!
SCPS10011 - Sengoku Cyber - Fujimaru Jigokuhen
SCPS10012 - Hermie Hopperhead
SCPS10021 - Jumping Flash! 2 - Aloha Volume of Baron Large Weakening
SCPS10026 - Arc the Lad II
SCPS10029 - I.Q. Intelligent Qube
SCPS10036 - Pet in TV - Ganbare Morikawa Kun 2nd
SCPS10051 - Devil Dice (XI - Alea Jacta Est)
SCPS10063 - Jet Moto '98
SCPS10071 - I.Q. Final
SCPS10074 - Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke
SCPS10087 - Tomarunner
SCPS10093 - Minna no Golf 2
SCPS10096 - Panekit - Infinitive Crafting Case
SCPS10103 - Jumping Flash! 3 - Robbit Mon Dieu
SCPS10116 - Gran Turismo 2 - Arcade
SCPS10118 - Crash Bandicoot Racing
SCPS10130 - Tiny Bullets
SLPS00015 - Twinbee Taisen Puzzle Dama
SLPS00017 - King's Field
SLPS00025 - Battle Arena Toshinden
SLPS00028 - Jigsaw World
SLPS00040 - Tekken
SLPS00152 - Yaku - Yuujou Dangi
SLPS00330 - Taiyou no Shippo - Wild Pure Simple Life
SLPS00400 - Tobal No.1
SLPS00555 - Soul Edge
SLPS00689 - Yaku Tou - Noroi no Game
SLPS00875 - Quiz Nanairo Dreams - Nijiiro Machi no Kiseki
SLPS01010 - Kaze no Klonoa - Door to Phantomile
SLPS01056 - Spectral Force
SLPS01156 - Momotarou Densetsu 7
SLPS01222 - BioHazard 2 [Disc1of2]
SLPS01236 - R-Types
SLPS01237 - Bust-A-Move - Dance & Rhythm Action
SLPS01490 - Brave Fencer Musashiden
SLPS01611 - Mikagura Shoujo Tanteidan [Disc1of4]
SLPS01724 - Mobile Suit Gundam - Char's Counterattack
SLPS01749 - Lunatic Dawn III
SLPS02180 - Dino Crisis
SLPS02334 - Silent Bomber
SLPS02600 - Mr. Driller
SLPS02693 - Migi Hadari U-Sa
SLPS02728 - Breath of Fire IV
SLPS03562 - Jaleco Collection Vol.1
SLPS91019 - A. IV Evolution Global [PlayStation The Best]
SLPM86007 - Vandal Hearts - Ushinawareta Kodai Bunmei
SLPM86052 - Konami Antiques - MSX Collection Vol.1
SLPM86062 - Konami Antiques - MSX Collection Vol.2
SLPM86123 - Bishi Bashi Special
SLPM86192 - Silent Hill
SLPM86774 - Ganbare Goemon - Ooedo Daikaiten
SLPM86581 - Tetris, The [SuperLite 1500 Series]
SLPM86916 - Dragon Quest IV - Michibikareshi Monotachi

[quote name='jwarren879']Is there any hope of playing PS1 games on my PSP if I don't have a PS3 to download with?[/quote]

via homebrew methods, yes.

[quote name='Scorch']via homebrew methods, yes.[/quote]

I'm running 3.30 OE-A' but have no way of downloading the necessary files (a certain game from the Playstation store) to run the PS1 emulator. I have all of my PS1 games ripped to my harddrive waiting to be played.

[quote name='jwarren879']I'm running 3.30 OE-A' but have no way of downloading the necessary files (a certain game from the Playstation store) to run the PS1 emulator. I have all of my PS1 games ripped to my harddrive waiting to be played.[/quote]

You don't need any emulators from the playstation store. There're tools that allow you to package your own games, and turn them into psp executables. Do a google search for autopopstation or popstation.
Alternatively go to the maxconsole.net or psp-hacks.com forums to get all you'll ever need as long as you have the original psone games.

[quote name='dragonjud']You don't need any emulators from the playstation store. There're tools that allow you to package your own games, and turn them into psp executables. Do a google search for autopopstation or popstation.
Alternatively go to the maxconsole.net or psp-hacks.com forums to get all you'll ever need as long as you have the original psone games.[/quote]

Thanks for the tips. I've been following the guides on maxconsole.net, this one http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=438803&posted=1#post438803 in particular, but I have no way of obtaining a specific file that is required to run the popstation program. The file, which I don't think I'm allowed to request, can only be downloaded from the playstation store via a PS3, which I do not have. Thus, I am stuck for the moment.

[quote name='jwarren879']Thanks for the tips. I've been following the guides on maxconsole.net, this one http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=438803&posted=1#post438803 in particular, but I have no way of obtaining a specific file that is required to run the popstation program. The file, which I don't think I'm allowed to request, can only be downloaded from the playstation store via a PS3, which I do not have. Thus, I am stuck for the moment.[/quote]

A lot of that info is old. All you need is to find a version of 3.0.3 e-c that comes already with a popstation version (command line, which is all I ever use). Look around at psp-hacks.com or pspupdates.qj.net, and download 3.0.3. e-c. There's a version of that firmware that comes with all you need. It comes with a cd ripping tool for the games (maybe not the best), and also comes with a command line tool that converts your ps1 games (after ripping) into psp executables.

[quote name='dragonjud']A lot of that info is old. All you need is to find a version of 3.0.3 e-c that comes already with a popstation version (command line, which is all I ever use). Look around at psp-hacks.com or pspupdates.qj.net, and download 3.0.3. e-c. There's a version of that firmware that comes with all you need. It comes with a cd ripping tool for the games (maybe not the best), and also comes with a command line tool that converts your ps1 games (after ripping) into psp executables.[/quote]
I've downloaded 3.0.3 e-c and followed the tutorial I linked to previously. When I attempt to run the popstation.exe from the command line (attempting to convert Final Fantasy Tactics) I get this error: "The application has failed to start because cygwin1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Any further advice?

EDIT - Ok, I found the necessary cygwin1.dll file and copied it to my POPS directory. Now, I get an error within the command window stating "Cannot open BASE.PBP, which I believe is the renamed file from the playstation store that I need.

Thanks again

Look for a program called 'IceTea' version 1.3

You don't need cygwin for this application, nor do you need the Hot Shots Golf file (BASE.PBP) neither. As a matter of fact, you don't even need the POPS application, everything is packaged in the .exe

Very simple to use.

Edit: http://sourceforge.net/projects/icetea

[quote name='uberzone']Look for a program called 'IceTea' version 1.3

You don't need cygwin for this application, nor do you need the Hot Shots Golf file (BASE.PBP) neither. As a matter of fact, you don't even need the POPS application, everything is packaged in the .exe

Very simple to use.

Edit: http://sourceforge.net/projects/icetea[/quote]

Thanks, I'm trying this right now.

I'm still not getting this to work. I've converted my ISO's to eboots using the Icetea software but my PSP just displays a black screen after the P.O.P.S. start up screen. I think the program is running correctly because I can press the Home key and access the menu.

Depending on the compression used, it may take upwards of 15-20 seconds to load the game.

Have you tried several games or just one?

[quote name='uberzone']Depending on the compression used, it may take upwards of 15-20 seconds to load the game.

Have you tried several games or just one?[/quote]

So far I've tried Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy VI (from Anthology). I've tried converting to eboots from ISO, IMG, & BIN. ISO's are the only ones that do not show up as corrupted data. I've used varying compression rates for each conversion. No matter which way I do it I get a black screen after the P.O.P.S. logo. Even after letting the PSP sit there for 5 minutes the games still do not load.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far

[quote name='jwarren879']So far I've tried Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy VI (from Anthology). I've tried converting to eboots from ISO, IMG, & BIN. ISO's are the only ones that do not show up as corrupted data. I've used varying compression rates for each conversion. No matter which way I do it I get a black screen after the P.O.P.S. logo. Even after letting the PSP sit there for 5 minutes the games still do not load.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far[/quote]

Did you change any of the settings on the custom firmware recovery menu? You should not be trying to use any plugins at all. And you should reset all values to their original settings (except for maybe the homebrew folder set to 1.5).

[quote name='dragonjud']Did you change any of the settings on the custom firmware recovery menu? You should not be trying to use any plugins at all. And you should reset all values to their original settings (except for maybe the homebrew folder set to 1.5).[/quote]

Here are my settings:

Configuration:
Skip SCE log - disabled
Hide corrupt icons - disabled
Game folder homebrew - 3.30 Kernel (I've also tried 1.50 kernel)
Autorun program at /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP - disabled
Use NO-UMD - disabled
Fake Region - disabled
Free UMD Region - disabled

CPU Speed:
Speed in SMB - default
Speed in UMD/ISO - default

Plugins: None

Registry hacks:
Button Assign - X is enter
WMA activated
Flash activated

Okay, I don't see anything wrong with your settings. I can offer to send you the version I have of popstation via email but it's almost 2 megs. Not sure if your email would refuse it.
I can also send you a CD with the files, if you pay for shipping. PM me if you're interested in either option. Don't want to clog this thread any further...since the topic has changed now.

bread's done
Back