Resident Evil 4- $40, universal price drop

chunk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Not sure if this has been posted, but it appears that there has been a universal price drop on Resident Evil 4 for GC (not the PS2 version of course, since it didn't come out yet).

In any case, I checked CAG-O-Matic along with a few other stores it doesn't search and every place seems to be selling for $39.99 now.

Hmm, I thought the price drop came a long time ago. Either way, it's a great game IMO and worth $50. So any price drop is a good deal.

It's been $40 for a long, long time. I bought mine from GameStop (online) months ago for $40. It's been $40 at Walmart for ages, because I was looking at buying it there, but, instead bought it online w/ no tax and free shipping.

[quote name='javeryh']...it's getting closer to the magic $20 price point![/QUOTE]

I'm right there with ya waiting for it.....this along with God of War and DMC 3.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I'm right there with ya waiting for it.....this along with God of War and DMC 3.[/QUOTE]

I splurged for God of War - $30. You are going to love it at $20 when it hits. It's my GotY so far...

[quote name='javeryh']I splurged for God of War - $30. You are going to love it at $20 when it hits. It's my GotY so far...[/QUOTE]

Where did you get it for $30? On all three of these I am worried my cheapassness will be overrun with the need to play them. I might bite at $30 ($25 w/ GGC). After playing the God of War demo, it's taking alot to resist the urge to splurge.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Where did you get it for $30? On all three of these I am worried my cheapassness will be overrun with the need to play them. I might bite at $30 ($25 w/ GGC). After playing the God of War demo, it's taking alot to resist the urge to splurge.[/QUOTE]

Outpost.com had it for $30 ($31.XX shipped) at least 2 months ago... it was shortly after it came out. I also played the demo and couldnt resist that price. Worth every penny - and I probably ould have been happy even if I paid $50.

Resident Evil 4 is my GOTY, if you haven't played by now, you owe it to yourself to get the game :). Best videogaming experience I've had in a long time.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Resident Evil 4 is my GOTY, if you haven't played by now, you owe it to yourself to get the game :). Best videogaming experience I've had in a long time.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you. Shotgunning zombies in the head never felt so good.

[quote name='javeryh']Outpost.com had it for $30 ($31.XX shipped) at least 2 months ago... it was shortly after it came out. I also played the demo and couldnt resist that price. Worth every penny - and I probably ould have been happy even if I paid $50.[/QUOTE]

Had I played the demo at that point, I would have jumped on it as well. I guess I'll wait a while.

Anyone that buys it, make sure to get the $5 Pricegrabber rebate. Makes it that much sweeter. :)

I'm waiting for $20 though. $15 after Pricegrabber rebate would be quite appealing to me.

I had to get it at $40 after I got the guide for a penny. I flipped through the guide and it looked so damn cool I had to pick it up. Haven't played much of it yet.

GOW and DMC 3 are $20 games for me. I rented GOW and while it was okay I didn't think it was as great as people made it out to be. I got past the desert level and was on the boss in the next area through the sewers so I did play a bit of it. I just hope to get both of them before the dreaded GH packaging makes the originals impossible to find.

Add the second CON to that list too.

RE 4 is worth double that price. I've been gaming for over 25 years and that was one of the single greatest experiences I've ever had playing a game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Anyone that buys it, make sure to get the $5 Pricegrabber rebate. Makes it that much sweeter. :)

I'm waiting for $20 though. $15 after Pricegrabber rebate would be quite appealing to me.[/QUOTE]

$10 after GGC & Pricegrabber rebate, for those of us lucky enough to still have the $5 off $19.99 GGC's.

There's the nice sweet spot.

I thought RE4 has been at the $40 price level for some time now. Oh well, I bought it when it came out (also the SE of the game with the nice Red shiny box) and think every penny was worth it. God of War only slightly trumps it for my Game of the Year.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Where did you get it for $30? On all three of these I am worried my cheapassness will be overrun with the need to play them. I might bite at $30 ($25 w/ GGC). After playing the God of War demo, it's taking alot to resist the urge to splurge.[/QUOTE]

I was like you and had been wanting God of War for the life of me, but nobody had it for cheap, not even Fry's after its release. But then the great magic stackable TRU coupons hit and I got it for $33 after tax or so. Great game. Already beaten it once, but screwed up going through my second time on the Spartan.

Also, I doubt that God of War is going to go down anytime soon. From what I have heard, it's still selling quite well (even this much after release) and due to its talk of Game of the Year status, it probably won't incur a price drop until much later in the end of the year.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I was like you and had been wanting God of War for the life of me, but nobody had it for cheap, not even Fry's after its release. But then the great magic stackable TRU coupons hit and I got it for $33 after tax or so. Great game. Already beaten it once, but screwed up going through my second time on the Spartan.

Also, I doubt that God of War is going to go down anytime soon. From what I have heard, it's still selling quite well (even this much after release) and due to its talk of Game of the Year status, it probably won't until much later in the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Which makes me think I'll go pick it up at FYE when I go next week to get Destroy All Humans and Conker.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I was like you and had been wanting God of War for the life of me, but nobody had it for cheap, not even Fry's after its release. But then the great magic stackable TRU coupons hit and I got it for $33 after tax or so. Great game. Already beaten it once, but screwed up going through my second time on the Spartan.

Also, I doubt that God of War is going to go down anytime soon. From what I have heard, it's still selling quite well (even this much after release) and due to its talk of Game of the Year status, it probably won't until much later in the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am expecting to wait a while. That's OK though cause I have plenty to play. If I can get it for $20 or less around Xmas I'll be happy. Even if I have to wait longer, that's OK. I just hope my cheapassness wins out.

[quote name='javeryh']...it's getting closer to the magic $20 price point![/QUOTE]

I like the way you think javery . . . I can wait . . . hell, I have soooooo many other games to play . . . but I have played it and it is worth $40 . . .

but I will get it for $13.50 shipped PO from EB . . . and because my store credit is from gentle "flipping" ($5 games from BB or Target that get $10 etc . . .) I will get it for $7 out of pocket :)

[quote name='chickenhawk']Yeah, I am expecting to wait a while. That's OK though cause I have plenty to play. If I can get it for $20 or less around Xmas I'll be happy. Even if I have to wait longer, that's OK. I just hope my cheapassness wins out.[/QUOTE]

Cheapassiness always wins out in the end. I mean that's the CAG way.:D

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Cheapassiness always wins out in the end. I mean that's the CAG way.:D[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is true, since there aren't many games I'd be happy with if I bought at full price at launch time.

RE4 is one of the few ones that I did and I haven't looked back since.

bread's done
Back