Resident Evil 4/Code Veronica Disc (PS3 Import, English) $46.90 + Shipping Play Asia

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://www.play-asia.com/Biohazard_Revival_Selection/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4b6y.html (PS3)

http://www.play-asia.com/Biohazard_Revival_Selection/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-4b70.html (360)

This is for those who like to have games on disc and not digital download. Since all Ps3 games are region free, this is about $10 more, but you actually get to own it on a disc. Both will be released separately for $19.99 each on PSN and XBLM. $39.98 plus tax on their respective marketplace. Capcom has already said they have no intention of putting this on a disc in North America.

The Xbox version MIGHT be region free, as most Asian Xbox 360 games are region free, but we will have to wait to see about that. I added the link anyhow

Oh shit mama.
Good games, but I feel like $20 for each is too much... Thought I might end up buying RE4 on day one when it hits xbl.

So i can pay $50 for rehashes and wait up to 21 days after it is released for it to be delivered. fuck you, Capcom! Let me know when these clowns decide they are ready to be innovators again.

I went ahead and preordered the PS3 version. Especially since the Asian version has a high chance of English Dialog and/or Text. I'll wait on the 360 version for confirmation that it's region free before buying it.. But considering RE5, Lost Planet 2, and a few other's were reason free there's a good chance.

[quote name='mythus']i dont get why they would milk re4 again while skipping over re2. god damn this company.[/QUOTE]

RE2 is already on the PSN Store where they keep PS1 games.

I want to preorder this but how long will shipping take. I want to get this before it releases on the 20th. Is that possible. I see it says English language with Jap. subtitles. So everything would be like the US version but Jap subtitles?

[quote name='Ribbercage']I want to preorder this but how long will shipping take. I want to get this before it releases on the 20th. Is that possible. I see it says English language with Jap. subtitles. So everything would be like the US version but Jap subtitles?[/QUOTE] Depends entirely on the type of shipping you choose. FedEx or UPS will only take a couple days, but it's pretty expensive. Never tried any in-betweens but the cheapest can take a week in the best case and a month in the worst case, in my personal experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they unified the games across languages and it just defaults to whatever your system is set to, but we won't know for sure until they're out.

[quote name='Ribbercage']I want to preorder this but how long will shipping take. I want to get this before it releases on the 20th. Is that possible. I see it says English language with Jap. subtitles. So everything would be like the US version but Jap subtitles?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you probably wouldn't get it by then.

[quote name='takotchi']Depends entirely on the type of shipping you choose. FedEx or UPS will only take a couple days, but it's pretty expensive. Never tried any in-betweens but the cheapest can take a week in the best case and a month in the worst case, in my personal experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they unified the games across languages and it just defaults to whatever your system is set to, but we won't know for sure until they're out.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for letting me know. I'll just wait until the 20th to play. I cannot wait to see how great this looks in HD. This game defined the last decade in gaming in my opinion and was the best looking on last gen consoles.

From my experience with Play Asia, i usually receive my items via regular mail anywhere from 5-8 business days. I really want the 360 version, so I am going to wait until we find out if it's region free or not. I hate buying games that aren't on a disc. I just don't feel like I own it....

Has there been any news on if RE4 will have Move support? If not I can't imagine going for this in favor of the Wii version even with the HD support.

[quote name='Ribbercage']Ok thanks for letting me know. I'll just wait until the 20th to play. I cannot wait to see how great this looks in HD. This game defined the last decade in gaming in my opinion and was the best looking on last gen consoles.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if the preview was from the actual HD version, but I didn't think it looked significantly better (especially Code Veronica, but that's a really old game, so I don't know how much that can be improved visually). Hope the final product turns out well, though.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']So i can pay $50 for rehashes and wait up to 21 days after it is released for it to be delivered. fuck you, Capcom! Let me know when these clowns decide they are ready to be innovators again.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't get the Capcom hate as they don't do much many other companies do... so I am just going to have to ask my usual question. How is this that bad? Japanese games run higher with an average of 80 per game. In fact ICO alone costs more than our combo pack with both games... This being said the amazon price on this is 1 usd higher.

The US store I believe will be charging 20 a piece which evens out to 40 where these collections usually are. (ICO/GoW/etc) Now I don't see what makes this game different, nor does your cheap shipping come into play. I've paid for the higher end shippings and got it a day or two after Japanese release.

This is tempting as hell as I wanted to buy the phyiscal copy of RE4 but the price is a bit steep. But I get the inkling that this is going to be hard to come by. Hard call but I think I may pass.

Just a heads up I'm not sure about the Asian version, but I believe the Japanese version will be censored.

If I recall correctly all the other version in Japan were as well. Mainly just when it comes to the gore. (You can't be decapitated and what not)

If either game is I wouldn't consider it anything that would ruin the game

since this is Crapcom who milks their games worse than activision through re-releases and rapeworthy DLC,

ill wait for the Ultimate Biohazard Revival Super Selection and buy it as a Amazon DotD for $9.99 on BF.:applause::applause::applause::applause:

The first print of the Japanese 360 version comes with a Leon avatar outfit code. I don't think it will come with the Asian version, but it's possible.

Other than some censoring (decapitation), it should be noted the Asian ver has Eng dub (since that's the only dub RE4 had) but w/ Jpn subtitles, listed under the spec on the P-A page. As much as I would like to own this on disc, I wouldn't want the lack of Eng subtitles and menu though...

This is Capcom people, they are notorious for milking franchises. Wait a few months, this will more then likely get a retail release in the U.S

[quote name='dancognito']This is Capcom people, they are notorious for milking franchises. Wait a few months, this will more then likely get a retail release in the U.S[/QUOTE]

If there is not enough consumers demand for this, then maybe later capcom would release this on disc? I dont believe capcom words since they said RE 3ds case was going to be limited, but looks like they are mass producing it. I learn this the hard way when i got MvC3 SE.

[quote name='Aoshi000']Other than some censoring (decapitation), it should be noted the Asian ver has Eng dub (since that's the only dub RE4 had) but w/ Jpn subtitles, listed under the spec on the P-A page. As much as I would like to own this on disc, I wouldn't want the lack of Eng subtitles and menu though...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I need the English text too. Too bad.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the decapitation was removed from RE4HD. It was not in any version of RE5. Anyway, I ordered it a while ago, along with Tales of Xillia (they come out the same day). If there's no info regarding subtitles/censorship by the time I get it, I'll report back.

[quote name='xenosphere']The first print of the Japanese 360 version comes with a Leon avatar outfit code. I don't think it will come with the Asian version, but it's possible.[/QUOTE]

Oh very interesting.
I want to grab it on 360 as well but no word on If that's region free is what's preventing me. RE5 was region free as well a good bit of other recent Capcom games but I don't want to take the chance.

Also for anyone else is Code Veronica in English as well?

I was gonna come in here and state that RE4 is edited in Japan, so you won't be getting your gorey death scenes in this, but it seems to have been covered.

I don't have a link but capcom confirmed that was a mistake and no retail release is planned. Though they could be lying so that the hardcore fans end up double dipping.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']I don't have a link but capcom confirmed that was a mistake and no retail release is planned. Though they could be lying so that the hardcore fans end up double dipping.[/QUOTE]

Now they have also said:

There will be no SFIV AE
There will be no plans to release SFIV AE to the states
There will be no balance tweeks to SFIV AE
There will be no balancing of MVC3
That Sent wasn't broken and no plans to nerf him in MVC3

All have been wrong and just Capcom dicking us around. I can't see why they wouldn't release this to disk when its already coded for one over in JP

I seem to remember Ubisoft (or whoever it was) trying to pull this download-only crap with PoP in the US, and eventually caved and released it on a disc. Didn't Crapcom also say they were doing this with RE5 Gold (PS3) too? They were at least considering it, if I recall.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']I don't have a link but capcom confirmed that was a mistake and no retail release is planned. Though they could be lying so that the hardcore fans end up double dipping.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading that retail releases were for Japan only. Something to do with XBL's requirement for 1000 pt games to be retail somewhere.

Yeah that's why I said they might be lying about bringing it to retail.

My guess is they want to use TGS RE6 announcement to boost digital sales and the bring it to disc at a later date.

Since like you said to many times capcom said no and turned right around and did it.

bread's done
Back