Resident Evil 4 (PC) Pre-order: $13.98 shipped

aaronmills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Here's the best pre-order price I've found for anyone wanting to grab Resident Evil 4 for the PC when it comes out:

Resident Evil 4 (PC) for $17.99
Shipping is $0.99 (5-10 business days via USPS)
Use Coupon Code NEWPGMEM or NEWGWMEM for $5 off your order (for new members)
Total: $13.98 shipped

For those of you who have already ordered from FamilyVideo before and don't feel like making a new e-mail address to get a discount, returning customers can get $3 off by using Coupon Code NEWMEM3F...and no, the coupons are NOT stackable. That'll make your total $15.98 shipped instead, so pick and choose what you wanna do.

Enjoy!

WOWZERS. I already played the game like six times and plan to get it for the Wii, but DAMN, for $13 there's no way in hell I'm not going to try it out on my new computer. That's a frikken steal for such an amazing game.

Yea, seriously, this is a freakin steal.

As for the bad controls, just use a PC gamepad, or an xbox 360 controller.

I rather spend extra $13 to get wii version. I really hope Wii version include GC control too incase you don't like the wii control you can switch to GC control ;)

[quote name='linkpwns']Yea, seriously, this is a freakin steal.

As for the bad controls, just use a PC gamepad, or an xbox 360 controller.[/quote]

LOL, I didn't even think of that despite the 360 controller sitting right next to my mouse. :dunce:

No mouse aim = port fail.

They really slopped this one up. I wanted to play this game on the PC to aim with the mouse, but no such luck. It's a really, really sloppy port too. Using the PS2 geometry rathe than the GC is just silly. And, if I recall, they didn't even edit out the grpahics for the PS2 buttons for certain actions. Still says "Press X" or "Press Circle!"

You do know that there has been a patch released that fixed the majority of all the issues the asia release had(keep in mind, that 90% of the people who talk about how the pc version plays, is using a bootleg that wasn't even a final version until around a month ago; hence all the complaints)

As of right now the graphics are fixed, the controls are spot on, and the mods have been pouring in from the asian forums(play as wesker, use ashley with krauser's powers, reskins of current characters, etc).

[quote name='deftoast']The over the should aiming may be better with a mouse (ala the GTA PC Ports.)[/QUOTE]

There isn't mouse support though. From most accounts this port is pretty shoddy. It has the graphics of the PS2 version and doesn't support mouse aiming as stated before, I believe there might be other issues but I can't recall them right now.

[quote name='MrWhitefolks']You do know that there has been a patch released that fixed the majority of all the issues the asia release had(keep in mind, that 90% of the people who talk about how the pc version plays, is using a bootleg that wasn't even a final version until around a month ago; hence all the complaints)

As of right now the graphics are fixed, the controls are spot on, and the mods have been pouring in from the asian forums(play as wesker, use ashley with krauser's powers, reskins of current characters, etc).[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard they just added in the lighting, which is still only the lighting the PS2 version had which pales in comparison to the great lighting of the GC version. I hadn't heard they fixed the controls but thats good if they did since I'm sure a lot of people would prefer mouse aiming.

I already own the limited edition of both the PS2 and Cube versions, have pre-ordered the Wii version, and I'm STILL thinking about getting this... kinda sad really ;)

I'm getting the impression from some of the posts here that the GameCube version of the game is superior to this one.

Is that the case? Should I go for this, or try to hunt down a used copy of the Cube RE4? If controls are the only issue, I've got a PS2 controller with a USB converter I could use, so I can probably ignore any issues there.

Great price on 1 of the greatest games I've ever played. If you have never played and prefer PC gaming, this can't be passed on.

The PC version is supposed to be the weakest one. Based on what I heard it's pretty buggy and flawed when compared to the other versions.

bread's done
Back