Resident Evil 4 Pictures (PS2 Version)

Kain Vincent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Found some pics at gamespot.com

925156_20050516_screen011.jpg

Looks okay, a little better then what I excepted from this port.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Looks okay, a little better then what I excepted from this port.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's about how it look to me. . . okay, certainly better than not getting the game at all. Still, it's too bad GCN didn't get to keep one of its few great AAA third party games exclusive.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Yeah, that's about how it look to me. . . okay, certainly better than not getting the game at all. Still, it's too bad GCN didn't get to keep one of its few great AAA third party games exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's a shame that it is being ported. Did anyone see the picture of the item screen? That looks terrible. :bomb:

yes, i will finally get to play this...i just hope the framerate keeps up...i dont care about graphics...if the framerate is consistent and good and all the content from the GC version is kept for the ps2 port, i will have a good time with it :)

I dont see what's so bad about the porting of the game if you own a GC you should already have the better version of the game. Granted I dont see anything horribly wrong with the PS2 version It's not as if the PS2 cant render the environments assuming they built a suitable engine for it or used an existing one, it's just the lower texture quality and lighting that it can't do.

I doubt there'll be any real extras outside of that preorder DVD they mentioned which if it's anything like that Code Verionica DVD it won't be worth a whole lot.

[quote name='Alpha2']I dont see what's so bad about the porting of the game if you own a GC you should already have the better version of the game. Granted I dont see anything horribly wrong with the PS2 version It's not as if the PS2 cant render the environments assuming they built a suitable engine for it or used an existing one, it's just the lower texture quality and lighting that it can't do.

I doubt there'll be any real extras outside of that preorder DVD they mentioned which if it's anything like that Code Verionica DVD it won't be worth a whole lot.[/QUOTE]

For some people (me included) who like Nintendo/Gamcube enough losing one of the few things we could say "Hey look! The little box doesnt suck!" to a slightly watered down port makes the game feel a little bit less special.

wow, that sucks. that background is positively stabbing my eyes. there's only 5 people in that scene(which has like 8-10 in the cube version), and the character's textures look pretty off. small jaggies all over. oh well, at least they are trying.

The cube version wasn't perfect either. I was actually lagging(slow-motion) in one of the scenes, can't remember where. And that time it didn't have 8-10 people for me, more like 5.

I beleive some characters did have hats in the GC version but they get knocked off when you shoot them. It's possibly they're using them to hide the smaller variation of enemies (This scene should have 3 or 4 differnt types of male enemies and atleast 2 different women I see only 2 types of male and 1 type of female). Also the GC version tended to slow down but it was due to a combination of the number of characters and the complexity of the enviroment.

Ultimately there's no reason you still can't say "Hey look! The little box doesnt suck!" because that version is still better where this one is making concessions to run on different hardware. Not to mention you can play it now while PS2 only owners still have to wait 5 or 6 months. It honestly shouldn't have been a suprise, the original RE was supposed to be a PS exclusive and how many systems has THAT appreared on since it came out?

^^ Ack! My eyes!

On a side note, if the next Nintendo system is backwards compatible, I can totally see myself picking up the GC version....Thos that might not be for another year I guess.

Yea, it's not as bad as it looks. If I didn't own a gamecube, I probably wouldn't have minded the visuals. Just as long as it's smooth though.

I doubt this will sell more on PS2? Anyone have any idea how many units the version for RE: CV sold on DC were compared to the PS2 version?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']That looks like total shit. Maybe we can completely kill the magic and port a Dreamcast and a N64 version as well.[/QUOTE]

There was no magic to begin with.

Yeah, it definitely isn't looking as good as the Gamecube version.

While I want to be part of the "graphics can take a back seat to gameplay" crew, it's just so hard to do when the Cube version established such a beautiful game. Adding to the fact that it sounds like the gameplay will indeed be changed (seeing how fewer enemies can be on screen at once), it may just push me to buy a Cube.

Making it for the PS2 is basically their attempt to get more money out of the investment they made in this game. The sales performance on the cube wast what they expected and making it for another system expends the possible market assuming they dont go out and buy a cube to get the game as it was originally made which technically would still help them.

Either people will pick it up on the PS2 or they'll decide to get a cube and buy the game for that if they dont like the PS2 version. It's win/win for Capcom assuming people dont pull a Viewtiful joe and just not buy it for either system.

Yeah, I'll admit I'm somewhat disappointed that this is getting ported to the PS2, although I'm not a big GCN fan.

bread's done
Back