Resident Evil 4 Premium Edition

The PS2 cover looks awful, methinks. Too much blue for such a red game.

Reminds me of the Psi-Ops cover for some reason.

haha this part of the description sounds like someone plugging the NES

* Action button - Pressing the A Button allows players to perform various actions.

* Aim and shoot - Ability to zero in on enemies with weapons.

[quote name='CapAmerica']Been there Done that.

Played the GameCube version over a year ago, have no intention to ever play a downgraded PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't look that worse, and it has more shit

Show me what the limited edition Laser Cell of Ada Wong looks like, and then I'll decide. And I was hoping for a statue, too. :whistle2:(

[quote name='CapAmerica']Played the GameCube version over a year ago[/QUOTE]

Which is funny, considering RE4 came out in January 2005.

[quote name='Pojo']The PS2 cover looks awful, methinks. Too much blue for such a red game.

Reminds me of the Psi-Ops cover for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I kinda like the cover myself, but I couldn't tell what it is about the cover that I like haha

I agree that the Gamecube version has to be the way to go, I'm sure the ps2 version will not run nor look as smooth

[quote name='The VGM']It doesn't look that worse, and it has more shit[/QUOTE]

It hardly has more content, I wouldn't reward Capcom buy buying a second copy if you already have the better version.

[quote name='CapAmerica']Been there Done that.

Played the GameCube version over a year ago, have no intention to ever play a downgraded PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

A year ago? Do you have some sort of time machine or something?

okay so It hasn't been a year yet, But Its felt like it. It comes out at the end of Oct, thats 2 months shy of a year.

And the few little extras really don't justify a rebuy or a replay when I have the GameCube version. Which still looks much better.

I like it, and I'll buy it when it comes out even though I already have the GC version.

I prefer the PS2 cover to the GC one anyways.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']I like how the GC "A" button became the "ACTION" button for the PS2, I wonder what "B" is called now :whistle2:k...[/QUOTE]

The B button is now the blow*** button. Whenever Leon is in a bind, he can simply pull down the pants of a townsfolk and do the deed. Ok, I'm kidding.

I won't be picking up this PS2 Downgraded game...can't wait to see how long the load times are.

[quote name='nwaugh']Could "Resident Evil Prologue" be another game?[/QUOTE]
Considering Brady Games doesn't make games, but actually strategy guides, I highly doubt it.

im will get it someday when the price drops. i wont pay full price for this i already own the GC tin version...

so i can wait.. an di think the GC version will be the better version anyways PS2 will have loading times and i think will have slowdowns...

[quote name='Mario64']im will get it someday when the price drops. i wont pay full price for this i already own the GC tin version...

so i can wait.. an di think the GC version will be the better version anyways PS2 will have loading times and i think will have slowdowns...[/QUOTE]

Most likely the Premium Edition will be sold out and won't go down in price. I will probably pick this up at $50 because of the extras.

[quote name='opportunity777']Most likely the Premium Edition will be sold out and won't go down in price. I will probably pick this up at $50 because of the extras.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. Splinter Cell, Halo, etc. all had Premium/Limited Editions and all went through pricedrops if they were available for purchase.

Graphically,... the PS2 version loses, hands down.
Even the coveted Gran Turismo 4 looks like sheot, with ProScan and 16x9 on.
GameCube is superior in that department.

The sound is what erks me.
PS2 is getting 5.1 DD, and all I get is ProLogic II on my Cube,.... that's what sucks.

Other than that,... you can keep your filthy extra gun, and insignificant bonus scenes. Why would anyone who already has the better version even consider wasting money on the same game.
This isn't like the first RE re-release. The Director's Cut added the Rumble feature, and a TON of stuff, which overall, warranted another purchase.

I guess you RE freaks will just keep supporting this nonsensical malarky. YAY,... Capcom,... we need more ways to sell these here video games to homeless people.

[quote name='drone8888']Graphically,... the PS2 version loses, hands down.
Even the coveted Gran Turismo 4 looks like sheot, with ProScan and 16x9 on.
GameCube is superior in that department.

The sound is what erks me.
PS2 is getting 5.1 DD, and all I get is ProLogic II on my Cube,.... that's what sucks.

Other than that,... you can keep your filthy extra gun, and insignificant bonus scenes. Why would anyone who already has the better version even consider wasting money on the same game.
This isn't like the first RE re-release. The Director's Cut added the Rumble feature, and a TON of stuff, which overall, warranted another purchase.

I guess you RE freaks will just keep supporting this nonsensical malarky. YAY,... Capcom,... we need more ways to sell these here video games to homeless people.[/QUOTE]
Or you could realize that it's not for the fans that have the GC version, but rather the ones that have a PS2, but no GC.

[quote name='gizmogc']Doubtful. Splinter Cell, Halo, etc. all had Premium/Limited Editions and all went through pricedrops if they were available for purchase.[/QUOTE]

Depends. None of those were store exclusive. They also had a hell of a lot more of them made than other LEs. The RE4 Collector's Tin at GS never dropped in price or even stayed in stock long enough to drop in price.

Tanuki,... that was more for the owners of the GC version, who were considering buying the PS2 version as well.

If I didn't have a GC,... HELL YEAH I'd buy it on the PS2. It's not really BAD,... the graphics are good. Just pale in comparison to the GC's version.

As for the availability of the LE version, usually store exclusives go immediately to eGay. It's like a TRUE limited edition, as the stores aren't out to please people,... they want your preorder BAD. Games like Doom 3, and Halo 2 are handled internally by Microsoft, and they really only understand one thing,.... how to please people. So more people get a slice of the pie.

As a fan, without a GC, I say get it most definitely!!!
If you plan on capitalizing with 25 copies, DIE.
LOL

If you have a GC.. question is why?

This is a water down version... which trys to lure you in with a new weapon and a few extra... I see no reason to pick this up unless it was ported to the XBOX, which wil thanl see an improvement...

If you want to play the better version go pick up a use Cube... $60 and a use RE4 @ Rush...
Everythign can be had under a $100...

[quote name='nwaugh']Could "Resident Evil Prologue" be another game?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'd say it's safe to assume it's the same BradyGames Prologue book that was included with the LE GCN version.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Considering Brady Games doesn't make games, but actually strategy guides, I highly doubt it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I lose. I definitely didn't pay enough attention. Thanks for clearing that up.

GC RE Tins can still be found and I believe they are 49.99 now.

I'll be getting this when it drops down in price... to like $15 or something. I've already beaten the GC version, I don't think a new gun, some side missions, and crappier graphics (though they do get true widescreen) justify $40.

I hope capcom do a better job on this than viewtiful joe this time. When fighting another Joe in the ps2 version of VJ, it was like I'm using slowdown the whole battle. Playing as Dante would be nice :Þ

I am definately getting this

50 bucks for premium edition don't look bad at all

I think I'm getting the regular version for 40 bucks and can't wait

This game is gonna be mad scary though :p

I'm getting this cause i dont have a cube.

Yes the graphics are not are great as the cube verison but why do people say that it looks like crap?
It's going to be on par with Metal Gear 3 which looked damn good.

Anywho gameplay > graphics

[quote name='nogard']I hope capcom do a better job on this than viewtiful joe this time. When fighting another Joe in the ps2 version of VJ, it was like I'm using slowdown the whole battle. [/QUOTE]
Yea, that battle really shows how inferior PS2 compare to GC. Let's hope Capcom learned from their mistakes...or not.

Unless RE4 on the PS2 has something really spectacular that I can't find in the GC version, then I'm going to wait when it's $15. I bet the PS2 will sell more than the GC version though.

I got it for cube for 18 bucks by pricematching that gamecrazy add. I wont pay more than 20 for the ps2 version even though the game is definately worth 50.

bread's done
Back