Resident Evil 5 (360/PS3) - General Discussion | News - New TGS 2008 Trailers 10/13

[quote name='ananag112']I don't know. Seems way too much like RE4 to me.

-A chainsaw enemy
-parasites
-Main hero going to a foreign country who then teams up with a native

Seems like they are copying the RE4 formula. I was expecting a mix of both the RE4 formula and old school formula.[/quote]

That's what I thought after watching the trailer too. (And, as somebody else mentioned, the worm-like things coming from the shot-off head.)

RE4 was fantastic, so no doubt I'm looking forward to this. I'm just a tad disappointed to see so many things look extremely similar to RE4 in such a short trailer.

Its true that its not mind blowing but theres still reason to be excited. Its just like DMC4, its the same game people already liked but its just prettier with slight differences.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

With that said, those that feels RE4 wasn't their cup of tea will say the same about RE5.

Since I loved RE4 and consider it one of the greatest games of all time, I will reserve my "Gamestop Purple Tin" RE5 as soon as It's posted ;)

[quote name='lokizz']have you ever seen a zombie movie? the way you could use re 4 engine to make re 2 is pretty simple. instead of a slow paced romp through an already gutted out town place leon in raccoon city right as the epidemmic is taking of the city. you could have hordes of zombies coming in from the forrest turning over busses and cars massive unfights against them with fellow officers. roof jumping barricaded last stands at the police station. deciding whether to save civillians or yourself or which civillians are more useful to save over others. that whats truly lacking in these games the really big decisiosn that could cost you in the end.
[/QUOTE]

Then it's not RE2 anymore.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Its just like DMC4, its the same game people already liked but its just prettier with slight differences.[/QUOTE]

if only that were true. there are many things wrong with DMC4's design...

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']This is not mind blowing. This looks like RE4's gameplay with a "next gen" graphics engine.[/quote]

That's actually the exact same feeling that I got. Everything screamed RE4, right down to someone wielding a chainsaw. Don't get me wrong, I do love the RE series, but I played through RE4 at least five times and was kinda hoping for something a little different, some new gameplay mechanics or something, but it looks exactly the same. It's not a bad thing, RE4 was fantastic, but there's going to be an overwhelming "didn't I already play through this?" feeling the whole time.

decided to just turn this topic about the new trailer into a Resident Evil 5 thread which I will try to update when news or info comes up until the game is released. Added info on the characters on the main page and I will research the story and plot a little more and type up a summary of what is known so far and will add it to the OP later.

[quote name='Scorch']That's actually the exact same feeling that I got. Everything screamed RE4, right down to someone wielding a chainsaw. Don't get me wrong, I do love the RE series, but I played through RE4 at least five times and was kinda hoping for something a little different, some new gameplay mechanics or something, but it looks exactly the same. It's not a bad thing, RE4 was fantastic, but there's going to be an overwhelming "didn't I already play through this?" feeling the whole time.[/QUOTE]

considering all the games before 4 played nearly identical to each other, I'm guessing they'll stick with the 4 formula for a while too. They don't reinvent the game with each iteration...

[quote name='Moxio']Come on, Capcom, just let me shoot some $$$$uhs.

*bap bap bap*[/quote]

ThatsRacist.gif

Kotaku and Joystiq both have hands-on previews up.

They both confirm it's just a shinier version of RE4.

Disappointing, to say the least.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Kotaku and Joystiq both have hands-on previews up.

They both confirm it's just a shinier version of RE4.

Disappointing, to say the least.[/quote]More of the same of arguably the best game of the last generation is disappointing?

[quote name='daroga']More of the same of arguably the best game of the last generation is disappointing?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, RE4 was a fantastic game. If they want to make another game in the same vein, I'm all for it. Why is this seen as a bad thing?

[quote name='daroga']More of the same of arguably a very poor game from the last generation is disappointing?[/quote]

Yes, it is. I didn't enjoy RE4 very much at all.

If the game is similar to RE4 I won't have a problem with it. RE4 is one of my favorite games, so if they take what they did in that game and improve on it that would be great. I'm just excited to see how many zombies they can fit on screen. I remember one of the Outbreak games had an assload of zombies on screen in the street during one fight. I always thought that was cool. If the story holds up and the bosses are good I can't complain.

RE 2-3 were terrific games IMO so if they stick with the RE4 formula I don't think it will be any different.

It's always the people who whine and moan about change for no good reason that ruin franchises. Sometimes it works; most of the time it doesn't.

I dont get something. In the first post the OP says wesker was going around collecting samples of the virus in re4. I dont understand this? I thought all wesker did was get his hands on the las plagas sample?

re4 was a good game as far as action games go but re2 was and is the best game in the series. but yeah i really want to play a freakin actual zombie game with zombies in it. wtf is up with that company who bought the rights to the romero franchise game rights? and why are there no zombie mmorpgs ?

[quote name='lokizz']re4 was a good game as far as action games go but re2 was and is the best game in the series. but yeah i really want to play a freakin actual zombie game with zombies in it. wtf is up with that company who bought the rights to the romero franchise game rights? and why are there no zombie mmorpgs ?[/quote]

Microsoft/Capcom were idiots not to include an online mode in Dead Rising.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I dont get something. In the first post the OP says wesker was going around collecting samples of the virus in re4. I dont understand this? I thought all wesker did was get his hands on the las plagas sample?[/QUOTE]
Wesker also has a sample of the T-Veronica virus from when he took Steve's body in Code Veronica. We can safely assume he also has a sample of the T and G-viruses.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Microsoft/Capcom were idiots not to include an online mode in Dead Rising.[/quote]

i hope they put that game on the ps3 someday. i almost got a 360 because of it until i heard about all the console deaths. still theres always left for dead.

[quote name='lokizz']i hope they put that game on the ps3 someday. i almost got a 360 because of it until i heard about all the console deaths. still theres always left for dead.[/QUOTE]

Is Left for Dead coming to the PS3? Last I checked it was PC/360 bound.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Kotaku and Joystiq both have hands-on previews up.

They both confirm it's just a shinier version of RE4. [/quote]Any word on how much of the two player/covering is involved? I'm looking forward to the feature, don't get me wrong. The little cottage scene in 4 would have been nice if you could have had a friend take control of Luis. But there is something to be said for fighting hoards of zombies when you're all alone. That's more survival horror, imo.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Microsoft/Capcom were idiots not to include an online mode in Dead Rising.[/quote]Not that it can't be done, but the sheer number of onscreen enemies at certain points had to have been pushing it as it was.

With xbl being as robust a service and current gen systems as strong as they are processor-wise, I'd like to see Outbreak File 1 & 2 taken another shot at, though. Or even on the ps3 if they get it right.

[quote name='Halo05']Is Left for Dead coming to the PS3? Last I checked it was PC/360 bound.[/quote]Unless things have changed significantly, Valve wasn't spending any manhours or $$ on any kind of a PS3 team. Now, we know that Orange Box did wind up ported, but last I heard, they had no plans of working Left for Dead for the Triple, still just le PC & 360.

Gametrailers in disection of the trailer, shows white people and eminem. and confirms some theories.

It's not las plagas.

[quote name='Megalith']It's always the people who whine and moan about change for no good reason that ruin franchises. Sometimes it works; most of the time it doesn't.[/quote]

And I'd hate to see the RE franchise go from horror/action to total action. I think the format of RE4 was fine, though I really would prefer if the gameplay leaned a little more towards that found in the earlier games.

[quote name='Halo05']Is Left for Dead coming to the PS3? Last I checked it was PC/360 bound.[/quote]

no its not from what i heard but im gonna get it for the pc.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Yes, it is. I didn't enjoy RE4 very much at all.[/quote]Why exactly did you change my statement?

I'm sorry you didn't like it. It's a fantastic game from start to finish.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Yes, it is. I didn't enjoy RE4 very much at all.[/quote]

Maybe RE4 Just isn't your type of game Because it was one of the best games I have ever played.

As much as I'm with you guys on the "I love RE:4" train, y'all are just feeding the troll. He's posting in a thread for a game he's decided he isn't interested in. Don't let yourselves get baited into fighting with him/her, ignore and move on.

[quote name='siderealshift']This trailer makes me want to go play RE4 on the Wii (even though the GCN version is superior).[/QUOTE]

wat

some thoughts

Chris has discovered thru his contacts that Sherry Berkin has been spotted near that town, so Chris goes in to rescue her.

The chick helping Chris maybe working for Wesker since Ada double crossed Wesker in RE4.

The chick might just be working for another company just like Ada did only this time she is trying to get a sample as well.

I expect her to die before the end of the game.

Sometime during the game, Chris and the chick will split up and you will control just her.

[quote name='ITDEFX']some thoughts

Chris has discovered thru his contacts that Sherry Berkin has been spotted near that town, so Chris goes in to rescue her.

The chick helping Chris maybe working for Wesker since Ada double crossed Wesker in RE4.

The chick might just be working for another company just like Ada did only this time she is trying to get a sample as well.

I expect her to die before the end of the game.

Sometime during the game, Chris and the chick will split up and you will control just her.[/QUOTE]

Ada has yet to officially double cross wesker.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Yes, it is. I didn't enjoy RE4 very much at all.[/QUOTE]

Sorry buddy, but you're in the minority.

I loved the crap out of RE4, played through it on every system it was released (except PC), and I'll gladly take "RE4 with a shinier coat"

That trailer has me sold.

[quote name='joe2187']Gametrailers in disection of the trailer, shows white people and eminem.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I knew I saw him in the trailer.

RE4 was a great game with hardly any flaws. I hope that this game brings something new to the table other than HD graphics.

I also hope that the Merchant has immigrated to Africa. "What're ya buying?"

Before anyone starts up again with the like vs. dislike RE4 bickering, DON'T.

Everyone's got different taste and that's fine. But if you're just a Biohazard hater, keep it to yourself. If you've got something PRODUCTIVE to say about the RE5 trailer or interview, let's hear it. Otherwise I start handing out infractions to those who troll AND those feeding the troll instead of doing the smart thing and reporting any disruptive posts. Capisce? Verstehen Sie? Compronez?

Good.

[quote name='MisterHand']RE4 was a great game with hardly any flaws. I hope that this game brings something new to the table other than HD graphics.

I also hope that the Merchant has immigrated to Africa. "What're ya buying?"[/quote]

After watching that trailer I don't think I care if RE5 brings anything new other than new locations and HD graphics. RE4 is one of those games that is almost impossible to get sick of. I'd at least let them piggyback off of RE4 for this new one. When we get to RE6 then maybe I'll want them to switch it up... I do hope that RE5 is as long as RE4 and as replayable.

I also want to see the return of the merchant.

Be interesting to see if Shelley Birkin is in this one, from a story line POV.

I just want this or Silent Hill 5 to come out, I'm gagging to play another survival horror game.

Maybe I'll play through Silent Hill 4 or get RE4 Wii edition to tide me over :whistle2:k

[quote name='MisterHand']RE4 was a great game with hardly any flaws. I hope that this game brings something new to the table other than HD graphics.

I also hope that the Merchant has immigrated to Africa. "What're ya buying?"[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya, but if the stuff in the first post is confirmed (light/dark effects, a cover & dodge system, online co-op), I don't think we're going to have to worry about it being "just" a better looking RE4.

Might be nice if they updated the Merchant's look, too. What, the Ganados never noticed a hunchback in a purple hood standing next to a couple of torches? If you want to be a serious arms dealer, you've got to look the part, brother.

lordofwar2.jpg

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Ada has yet to officially double cross wesker.[/quote]

I guess you didn't play the ada missions in RE4 for the Wii/PS2/PC huh?

she gets the sample and gives wesker a fake one.... that's the double cross.

I don't know if that was wise of her to do this considering how powerful Wesker is both in intelligence, strength, technology and resources.

Sorry I know it has been a while since I updated this thread, but I figure with the recent release of the new trailers, and info it needs to be revived again for discussion.

10/13/08 - New Tokyo Game Show 2008 Trailers

1. Trailer TGS 2008
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21840
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bO4nbajCm0

2. Extended Trailer (WARNING: Major Spoiler at the End)! - This trailer contains a major spoiler at the end of the trailer. Watch at your own risk.
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21938
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlwVK66owok&feature=related

The EGM feature on the Co-op in this game has me considering it, but only if my buddy has a 360 by then and is up for buying a copy of the game (which he should be as he's a much bigger fan of the series than me.

I've always had a love-hate relatiionship with the RE series as I've always liked the atmosphere and story, but hated the controls, limited ammo and inventory system (just not much of a fan of survival horror).

[quote name='dmaul1114']The EGM feature on the Co-op in this game has me considering it, but only if my buddy has a 360 by then and is up for buying a copy of the game (which he should be as he's a much bigger fan of the series than me.

I've always had a love-hate relatiionship with the RE series as I've always liked the atmosphere and story, but hated the controls, limited ammo and inventory system (just not much of a fan of survival horror).[/quote]

Well, since Resident Evil 4, RE has moved away from the "survival horror" genre into the "action" genre. There will be plenty of ammo, and the inventory system is more improved. The controls have also changed in Resident Evil 4, and are suppose to change a little bit in RE5. I hope you decide to give it another chance. If you haven't tried Resident Evil 4 yet, then I highly suggest you give it a try. It is nothing like Resident 0-3 or Code Veronica in terms of game play.

Clearly this is the wrong spot to post this, and yes I am bringing a thread back from the dead.... however,

I have a Resident Evil 5 Gold Code (from the RE:5 Gold Edition) :)360: XBOX 360) for trade. This code will enabe you to download both exclusive episodes (Lost in Nightmares / Desperate Struggle), VS. mode, Character Pack 1 and Character Pack 2 (All together, a $20 value!). Also, physical card can be mailed out to you!

bread's done
Back