Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition (Gold) - $41 shipped

[quote name='riddler']Interesting, but i think i'll wait til its about 20 ish.
Thanks anyway OP[/QUOTE]

You do know this will most likely not hit $20 for a long time. This is packed with new dlc and future dlc coming soon on live. I doubt it will go under 30 for awhile for used.

Dang thought this was 360 my bad. I have no clue the value of the ps3 one is. You should add PS3 in title.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']You do know this will most likely not hit $20 for a long time. This is packed with new dlc and future dlc coming soon on live. I doubt it will go under 30 for awhile for used.
[/QUOTE]

oh, it'll hit clearance, manager's special, or sale price soon enough. Target, Best Buy, or whatever retailer will carry it for awhile, then need to move it.

the real question is whether it'll ever make it to disc form? similar to GTA's two episodes (Lost & Damned + Gay Tony).

[quote name='alphafann']This will hit $20ish in no time. Capcom's, especially RE series, has been that way all this time.[/QUOTE]

This. Plus c'mon this comes out on March 9th. There is no way in hell I am going to get to this anytime soon. Oh yeah and the fact that March 16th GoW III comes out. And I can go on and on. ;)

They should've just sold it for $29.99 like they did with Fable II the Lost Chapters. The dlc is 800 ms points total (excluding costumes and reunion mercs) But still you can find the game at gamestop for ~$20 USED, maybe cheaper.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']They should've just sold it for $29.99 like they did with Fable II the Lost Chapters. The dlc is 800 ms points total (excluding costumes and reunion mercs) But still you can find the game at gamestop for ~$20 USED, maybe cheaper.[/QUOTE]

This to a T. Cheaper to buy a copy of the game used and get these bonuses. Supposedly Versus is terrible anyway.

Depends actually - if I read right, the ps3 version actually has the extras on disc which should help it retain its resale value. The 360 version only contains a download token which I imagine once used, makes the gold version of the game a $50 version of the original RE5 when it comes to resale. So on ps3 it might be worth waiting and snagging this at a price you're comfortable with as opposed to the original + paid dlc.

Question, will this Alternative Edition have it's own trophies/achievements? Or just share the same ones from the original RE5? You know like if you haven't get 100% in the original RE5 and playing this Alternative Edition will fill in the missing trophies/achievements?

Personally, i'm hoping for the former, i.e. The AE version has its own set of trophies/achievements. That would be additional icing on the cake for some...

[quote name='handsomepete']Depends actually - if I read right, the ps3 version actually has the extras on disc which should help it retain its resale value. The 360 version only contains a download token which I imagine once used, makes the gold version of the game a $50 version of the original RE5 when it comes to resale. So on ps3 it might be worth waiting and snagging this at a price you're comfortable with as opposed to the original + paid dlc.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, interesting if true.

[quote name='handsomepete']Depends actually - if I read right, the ps3 version actually has the extras on disc which should help it retain its resale value. The 360 version only contains a download token which I imagine once used, makes the gold version of the game a $50 version of the original RE5 when it comes to resale. So on ps3 it might be worth waiting and snagging this at a price you're comfortable with as opposed to the original + paid dlc.[/QUOTE]

Also, if you currently have RE5 for PS3 it's trading for $15 at Amazon, so you could just trade up for ~$32 there if you were so inclined.

bread's done
Back