Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition $89.99! Contents Finally Revealed!

So here is the Collector's Edition goodies:
270301_bonusLG.jpg

The Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition comes with:
  • Chris Redfield Figurine
  • Tricell Messenger Bag
  • BSAA Patch
  • Kijuju Keychain
  • Bonus Disc (UK Bonus disc includes a "making of..." documentary and a trailer for RE: Degeneration, most likely the same for the US)
  • The game and bonus disc come packed in a Special Collector's Steel Book Case.
PLUS:
Reserve Resident Evil 5 and receive a GameStop-Exclusive art cell. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270301

I should be getting a $50 gift card to GameStop from U Talk Back, when I do get it, I'll be putting it toward this package.

Erm, unless the steelbook is the kewlest thing ever.. I dunno.

Could be good to resell - Resident Evil fans are NUTS. These are the people who were paying $80-100 for the GameCube RE2/3/Code Veronica ports which literally had NOTHING new added from the PS1 or PS2 versions.

I don't think it's a bad CE, especially depending on how the bag is. I was just expecting more. And I was looking forward to getting a USB drive.

Yeah, I think i'll stick with the normal edition.
A messenger bag I wont use and a lame toy isn't worth 30 bucks to me.
But the SFIV Special edition is completely worth it, an art book, bluray movie and a good toy are totally worth 20 bones.

damn $90. Normally I like collecting LEs for games I like but honestly nothing included in this LE appeals to me. I'll probably skip this one and buy the regular edition.

Huh. Some collector's edition.

I'm still planning on buying it from one of y'all for $30-35 shipped 3-4 weeks after it releases and you've beaten the hell out of it.

I have to echo the sentiment that it's not a bad CE, but it's certainly not worth $90. Also, I hate hate hate hate hate CE games that DON'T come with a regular case. Maybe the RE5 one is inside the steelbook... if not, no green case = no sale for me.

[quote name='007']I have to echo the sentiment that it's not a bad CE, but it's certainly not worth $90. Also, I hate hate hate hate hate CE games that DON'T come with a regular case. Maybe the RE5 one is inside the steelbook... if not, no green case = no sale for me.[/quote]

What's wrong with steel book? I actually prefer the CEs to have it over the regular green cases.

And I doubt this CE will come with an additional green case. If it's anything like the DMC4 CE, both discs will be inside the steelbook.

I was planning on getting this CE, but the only thing I want in it is the figurine. I may pass on it and just get the regular edition.

[quote name='mykevermin']Huh. Some collector's edition.

I'm still planning on buying it from one of y'all for $30-35 shipped 3-4 weeks after it releases and you've beaten the hell out of it.[/quote]

lol cold but true and a damn good idea.

[quote name='KSHLove']What's wrong with steel book? I actually prefer the CEs to have it over the regular green cases.

And I doubt this CE will come with an additional green case. If it's anything like the DMC4 CE, both discs will be inside the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

probably the same people who dont want PH games that will be out of place for their collection.

I'm the same way about Platinum Hits because they look cheap, generic, and crappy, but Steelbooks look so sexy on my shelf. I really just wish all my games were Steelbooks.

[quote name='KSHLove']What's wrong with steel book? I actually prefer the CEs to have it over the regular green cases.

And I doubt this CE will come with an additional green case. If it's anything like the DMC4 CE, both discs will be inside the steelbook.[/quote]

Depends... the 'slim' steelbooks (like the recent Quantum of Solace CE) are fine. I don't like the HUGE ones that don't really serve a purpose (Mass Effect CE and Saint's Row 2 CE spring to mind). It's not that I want them to stop making steelbooks, it's just that I'd rather have a choice for display purposes. A lot of it is a room issue... would I rather have one regular DVD size case, or a steelbook that takes up the space of almost three regular cases?

Also, not as big of a deal... most of the larger steelbooks don't have the name printed on the steel case, but on huge paper cover that gets easily damaged.

Steelbooks are nifty, but I avoid the large ones if possible. Me, I don't understand why they can't just always through a normal case in there, too (like Saint's Row 2). Easy.

A Man purse and a medallion of Africa...

Which will be the first thing to get your ass beat on the street if people were to see you wearing those?

[quote name='bardockkun']A Man purse and a medallion of Africa...

Which will be the first thing to get your ass beat on the street if people were to see you wearing those?[/quote]

maybe if you wear both together people will think youre crazy and fruity and leave you alone .

[quote name='bardockkun']A Man purse and a medallion of Africa...

Which will be the first thing to get your ass beat on the street if people were to see you wearing those?[/quote]

This made me lol.

[quote name='007']Depends... the 'slim' steelbooks (like the recent Quantum of Solace CE) are fine. I don't like the HUGE ones that don't really serve a purpose (Mass Effect CE and Saint's Row 2 CE spring to mind). It's not that I want them to stop making steelbooks, it's just that I'd rather have a choice for display purposes. A lot of it is a room issue... would I rather have one regular DVD size case, or a steelbook that takes up the space of almost three regular cases?

Also, not as big of a deal... most of the larger steelbooks don't have the name printed on the steel case, but on huge paper cover that gets easily damaged.

Steelbooks are nifty, but I avoid the large ones if possible. Me, I don't understand why they can't just always through a normal case in there, too (like Saint's Row 2). Easy.[/quote]

Technically, the large ones aren't Steelbooks. They're Tin Cases(although not really made of tin, obviously). Steelbooks are a specific brand/company... the slim ones you're talking about. Google it and see for yourself.

[quote name='GuardianE']Technically, the large ones aren't Steelbooks. They're Tin Cases(although not really made of tin, obviously). Steelbooks are a specific brand/company... the slim ones you're talking about. Google it and see for yourself.[/quote]

Huh... you know, I probably should have realized that at some point. Both get bandied around so much that I never realized.

Ok, then, I amend my statement: I hate TIN CASES that don't have a regular green case inside them. :lol: Steelbooks are a-okay.

I have to say this one I think I will sit out on. I will just get the normal edition. A steelbook with a making of DVD and some extra content would be nice. However this is all just crap and more crap that I dont' have a place to put or even want.

bread's done
Back