Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

People on Neogaf seem to be averaging 10 hours... which is decent. Not great, but decent. Keep in mind that story length isn't everything. Left4Dead is still $59.99, and you could blow through that in less than 5 hours. The important thing is replayability.

I'm sure you'll be able to grab RE5 for $10 less within three months if you catch a special offer somewhere along the way, but I sincerely doubt any real price drop would happen that quickly for a game of this caliber.

Nice come's out the same day as my b-day, I hope this isn't too hard to play while drunk
Also did they fix the splitscreen? or does it still have that weird split with the black sections?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Nice come's out the same day as my b-day, I hope this isn't too hard to play while drunk
Also did they fix the splitscreen? or does it still have that weird split with the black sections?[/quote]

I don't know what you mean by "fixed"? They set it up the way they did so that both players could play in widescreen mode. Halo 3 does the same thing except the screens are right on top of each other. RE5's setup doesn't bother me one bit.

well if you deal match it with BB, you could end up getting the game for 40 cause TRU will give you a 20 dollar gift card when you buy the game. I don't want the gift card. I just want 20 dollars off. This is how I got TFU for 40. :)

Can't really wait for this game.

[quote name='GuardianE']People on Neogaf seem to be averaging 10 hours... which is decent. Not great, but decent. Keep in mind that story length isn't everything. Left4Dead is still $59.99, and you could blow through that in less than 5 hours. The important thing is replayability.

I'm sure you'll be able to grab RE5 for $10 less within three months if you catch a special offer somewhere along the way, but I sincerely doubt any real price drop would happen that quickly for a game of this caliber.[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us is giving out a $20 gift card for purchasing Resident Evil 5, that is a really great deal.

Been reading/watching reviews. I'm a bit worried.

The general consensus so far is that, while still a great game, it feels nothing like a Resident Evil game...

ok, no more spoilers.........

:p

but remember, I am just posting the url under a spoiler tag so it's up to you to spoil yourself.

Bought it today during lunch about to play after I eat. Here's what comes in the CE

l_15026c34e03c474b8b2f4a8daa88fa83.jpg

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Bought it today during lunch about to play after I eat. Here's what comes in the CE

[/quote]

Awesome,
i just checked the tracking on my game today and it should actually arrive later today because it is very close
^__________^

IGN review is up - 9.0. They claim 10 - 12 hours on average, with a lot more time if you explore and try to collect everything.

They also said no co-op in Mercs mode, which is hugely disappointing to me. Hopefully it's something they can add down the road.

[quote name='psychobrawler']IGN review is up - 9.0. They claim 10 - 12 hours on average, with a lot more time if you explore and try to collect everything.

They also said no co-op in Mercs mode, which is hugely disappointing to me. Hopefully it's something they can add down the road.[/quote]

There is no ONLINE coop, it is split-screen only.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Bought it today during lunch about to play after I eat. Here's what comes in the CE

[/quote]

Where's the Chris Redfield workout manual?

No offense to you but I find that this limited edition is pretty shitty. I am an RE freak and have been absolutely pumped for this game since it was announce back in July of '05. I was totally prepared to shell out the dough for the special edition, but what they have to over for 30 dollars extra is a bunch of junk.

I mean, on top of the bag being ugly it's probably has horrible quality. A necklace with Africa as the pendant? Are you serious? The patch is cool and what I am assuming to be an art book? is always good. Why not give us like a real high quality sticker or something? I think the action figure is okay, but I think it would be cooler to have one of say; Wesker or the masked woman? Also the art work on the box for this limited edition is kind of wack.

I only complain in hopes that these limited editions will start to be worth a damn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got a chance to play the demo. I thought I was ready to pick this up from Toys RUs on Friday, but I don't know anymore. This looks like a nice shooter with some zombie like enemies, but it seems to be missing the RE feel.

[quote name='folkie_1']There is no ONLINE coop, it is split-screen only.[/QUOTE]

Same difference for me. I have kids and pretty much only play M rated games at night, so if I can't play co-op on line, I'm pretty much left with no opportunity to play with other. Still, the fact that split screen is included seems like the opportunity for on-line to be patched in is not completely out of the question.

[quote name='psychobrawler']IGN review is up - 9.0. They claim 10 - 12 hours on average, with a lot more time if you explore and try to collect everything.

They also said no co-op in Mercs mode, which is hugely disappointing to me. Hopefully it's something they can add down the road.[/quote]It has mercs online co-op. Theres a patch already up that adds the online co-op.

2chris.jpg

Hey guys, I've got a couple of questions for those who have read through the achievements (don't want to read them for fear of spoilers) or are playing through the game as of right now. I read through most reviews and I still haven't found my answers.

1. How exactly does the online co-op campaign work? For instance, like most online co-op games, does player (A) who hosts the game become the sole owner of the game progression, weapons, items, money, etc. onto their save file and player (B) is screwed over and nothing carries over to his or her save file?
  2. Is it beneficiary to play the game at the hardest difficulty setting from the start instead of playing it on the default difficulty settings? Are achievements unlocked depending on the difficulty the game was played on?
  3. Finally, as far as collectibles are concerned, can you collect all of them at any point in the game or are they time sensitive? If I recall correctly (I may be wrong), in Resident Evil 4 you could go back to earlier places and find things you missed.
If anyone can answer these questions with no spoilers, I'd greatly appreciate it. I figured since some of you have it already, you may have gone through the same questions yourselves. Thanks in advance.

1. Both players unlock game progression, weapons, items, money. Nobody gets screwed.

2. Difficulty achievements stack. Beating the game on Veteran unlocks Professional.

3. You can't go back like in RE4, but you can go back and play each chapter individually via chapter select and get anything you missed.

And you keep all of your items. So, if you want to upgrade all of your weapons really easily, you can keep playing the same chapter over and over until you have everything unlocked.

[quote name='Trakan']1. Both players unlock game progression, weapons, items, money. Nobody gets screwed.

2. Difficulty achievements stack. Beating the game on Veteran unlocks Professional.

3. You can't go back like in RE4, but you can go back and play each chapter individually via chapter select and get anything you missed.[/quote]
Wow. Quick and straight to the point. Thanks a lot Trakan.:applause: All that information is good to know before starting the game. Glad to know they didn't half ass the co-op (like Fable II).

[quote name='tiredfornow']And you keep all of your items. So, if you want to upgrade all of your weapons really easily, you can keep playing the same chapter over and over until you have everything unlocked.[/quote]Oh man, but that would make the game too easy. Thanks for the heads up though.

So wait, I'm confused...is there online co-op on day 1 or not? This is the breaking point for me buying the game day 1.

[quote name='Pck21']So wait, I'm confused...is there online co-op on day 1 or not? This is the breaking point for me buying the game day 1.[/quote]

There is for the regular story mode, don't know about the Mercenaries mode.

[quote name='javeryh']Where are you people buying this already?[/QUOTE]

This. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to rent it until the Platinum/GH rerelease but I'm still curious.

[quote name='Halo05']This. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to rent it until the Platinum/GH rerelease but I'm still curious.[/quote]

I didn't get it early, but PlayAsia maybe?

I wish I would have bought it early though; 5 days after it comes out I leave for Basic Training and AIT. I'll be gone for 3.5 months. :cry:

[quote name='Pck21']So wait, I'm confused...is there online co-op on day 1 or not? This is the breaking point for me buying the game day 1.[/quote]

[quote name='MSUHitman']There is for the regular story mode, don't know about the Mercenaries mode.[/quote]Story mode co-op has always been there and there's a patch already out for mercs online co-op.

[quote name='Halo05']This. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to rent it until the Platinum/GH rerelease but I'm still curious.[/quote]Asia version came out last week and its region free. People have been ordering it online and then there are the people that download it.

Seriously I have yet to see anyone wearing a T-Shirt in public that was included in any CE box from any game. Making of DVD's are not that great any more as it usually has fluff that can be seen on the game's web site or other places.

A full soundtrack would have been nice but I guess I have to order it from Play-asia.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I didn't get it early, but PlayAsia maybe?

I wish I would have bought it early though; 5 days after it comes out I leave for Basic Training and AIT. I'll be gone for 3.5 months. :cry:[/quote]

Check your mom & pop stores. None of the big retailers will break the street date, but smaller stores that have it will probably sell it early (local store did).

Thanks for all the early/import release stuff.

Here's hoping my Gamefly returns coincide with the release of the game, I'd love to play through it ASAP.

[quote name='Costa']is the game out already?, it seems people here have it already. I guess I have to wait till thursday.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of stores have them in stock but can't sell any until 03/13. Today at TRU they had copies of both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, and the RE Limited Edition Xbox 360 console. Unfortunately none of the items would ring up.

just finished the game on PS3 right now, and holly shit the game was awesome. Going to start the 360 version tomorrow with a friend on co-op.

Done with the first chapter. While others seem to offer nothing but praise, those that don't play with online co-op may still be infuriated by Sheva.
She's not dumb, but requires a while to get used to. Thinking about how much ammo to give her, and how many health items to distribute is something I didn't want to deal with.

For me, RE has always been about fighting the horde along, but I think with this game Capcom has given into the success of games like Gears and others. The only problem is that their control scheme is stuck in the RE world, and is not ideal for this type of game. Just my two cents.

I think gears has spoiled people when it comes to FPS's. After finishing gears2, playing RE just feels weird. Most of the combat is basically run to a corner, turn and shoot, if they fall down, run up and hit X, then run to another corner and repeat...
Besides the wonky combat mechanics, the game's story/graphics/bosses are pretty nice.

[quote name='Alcedes']I think gears has spoiled people when it comes to FPS's. After finishing gears2, playing RE just feels weird. Most of the combat is basically run to a corner, turn and shoot, if they fall down, run up and hit X, then run to another corner and repeat...
Besides the wonky combat mechanics, the game's story/graphics/bosses are pretty nice.[/quote]what?

bread's done
Back