Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

[quote name='tiredfornow']what?[/quote]

well, i'm not really arguing whether it's an FPS or not, I'm just saying it feels like gears but with shitty controls and stupid AI.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What's Merc's mode all about, is it just kill as many infected until time runs out/you die?[/quote]

Yeah that is exactly what it is. It is fun to play through, and allows you to unlock certain things like other levels and characters to play through with (for mercenaries mode). Not only that but this time around Mercenaries has online co-op also.

To increase the time you have to collect/break these gold hourglass things that are scattered throughout the level to increase your time to allow you to continue killing. In order to get a high score you have to pull of killing streaks, and try to keep them going for as long as you can before the killing streaks reset back to zero due to inactivity of killing infected.

[quote name='tenzor']Yeah that is exactly what it is. It is fun to play through, and allows you to unlock certain things like other levels and characters to play through with (for mercenaries mode). Not only that but this time around Mercenaries has online co-op also.

To increase the time you have to collect/break these gold hourglass things that are scattered throughout the level to increase your time to allow you to continue killing. In order to get a high score you have to pull of killing streaks, and try to keep them going for as long as you can before the killing streaks reset back to zero due to inactivity of killing infected.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, that sounds fucking sick!

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Just finished the game, man it's such an amazing experience. I loved every minute of the game.[/quote]

Yeah I loved every minute also. If you love the Resident Evil story, and have been following this game from the beginning for the story you won't be disappointed. Everything else was good also, but the story, cut scenes, music, characters were top-notch.

[quote name='phatbunbao']How do I setup local co-op or is it online only?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? I haven't been following the development but I could have sworn I saw split screen in the demo.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Just finished the game, man it's such an amazing experience. I loved every minute of the game.[/QUOTE]

is mercenary mode available from the start? or do you have to beat the game like RE4?

Knowing this probably isnt going to be anything real groundbreaking, I still will stand behind this franchise and probably pick this up this weekend...along with Street Fighter 4...Damn you Capcom!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks for the reply, that sounds fucking sick![/quote]

Dude...it is fucking sick.

Anyone know what characters we'll be able to go through Merc mode with? I am really interested in playing with Jill!!!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Dude...it is fucking sick.

Anyone know what characters we'll be able to go through Merc mode with? I am really interested in playing with Jill!!![/quote]
I've seen rumors that
Wesker and Jill are both playable (two versions of Wesker, if I'm not mistaken)
in Mercs mode.

yeah really...why not bring in characters from the past games. Like Carlos, Billy, Claire, Rebeca, Barry, etc. it would be a nice treat to get to see what these characters would like on this engine.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']yeah really...why not bring in characters from the past games. Like Carlos, Billy, Claire, Rebeca, Barry, etc. it would be a nice treat to get to see what these characters would like on this engine.[/quote]You forgot the two most bawlinest characters of all time: HUNK and Jack Krauser :cool:

[quote name='JokerCard']Damn..I still can't decide which system to get this for....[/QUOTE]

Me too! As of today, I'm leaning towards the 360 version.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']You forgot the two most bawlinest characters of all time: HUNK and Jack Krauser :cool:[/QUOTE]

fuck that, give me Tofu and his shanking knife.

[quote name='UndyingForce']is mercenary mode available from the start? or do you have to beat the game like RE4?[/QUOTE]

You have to finish the game first to unlock it.

edit: oh yea and to the person who said that the CE sucks, it does really for the price. But I wanted it mostly for the bonus dvd.

[quote name='moojuice']Is online Mercs two player also?[/quote]

Yeah, that's what is going to keep this game in my system long after I beat it.

It might have been said already but I skimmed the last page and didn't see it mentioned. How long is this game, as far as one playthrough is concerned?

I'm not a much of an RE fan (Played 1 to completion and started 4 and died like 4 times at the first village and haven't tried again), but I tried the demo of this a while back when you could burn the Japanese one to a CD and play it that way, and I enjoyed it. I was fairly competent at the gameplay, so I'm going to play through it co-op with a friend who's a huge RE fan.

Stupid question that may have already been answered, but I don't want to skim back through the thread because of the amount of spoilers.

The CE... ok, so the game is in a steelbook case... does the steelbook come with a slipcover, or just the case itself? I'm asking only because the lack of the 360 logo on the spine would make my OCD go pretty nuts. So, slipcover for the steelbook, yay or nay?

Thanks!

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']You forgot the two most bawlinest characters of all time: HUNK and Jack Krauser :cool:[/quote]

Hunk was definitely cool, chaining together 5 neck breaks off of a flash grenade were good times.

I hear there is a bow in this game though so hopefully one of the characters will have it in their load out. Then hopefully Jill will have the neck breaker special move and she'll get an SMG/Flash load out.

Here's to hoping, who am I kidding.

For load times I installed to the HD and did not really notice a difference.
And for a Strat. Guide I would say No!
I know not a ton of people have played the game so I do not want to talk about it to much but I really did not like how the item management case was change.
Again Good game....in my opinion RE4 was a Great game. One of the best from last gen.

Just watched a video review on the guys on TRS at Rev3, makes me want the game even more. I'll wait until I can find a copy used or sub $45 deal for me to bite.

[quote name='HighlightShow']Can't wait until Friday![/QUOTE]

I'd like to second that. I can imagine myself sitting in classes on Friday and blocking out what some of the professors have to say thinking about kicking some zombie a** later.

Anybody else going to TRU right when they open up on Friday to pick it up and the GC? It'll be fun to sort of go through with something like that. When I was a kid I always did things like that, I don't have any work on Friday so that makes it sweeter.

[quote name='dg7md']Anybody else going to TRU right when they open up on Friday to pick it up and the GC? It'll be fun to sort of go through with something like that. When I was a kid I always did things like that, I don't have any work on Friday so that makes it sweeter.[/quote]

That's what I was planning on doing, since I'm also off on Friday, but after the SMG debacle... I don't know. This is really all going to depend on whether TRU is likely going to have it Friday morning.

If not, then I'll just go to Wal-Mart at midnight, so then I don't have to wake up. I tried my damnedest not too get really excited about RE5, but it seems I've failed. Ha.

After watching the ending on youtube, I can only imagine anybody who buys this is going to have a hard time not being dissapointed with it. Oh well, Resident Evil hasn't really been a "take it serious" story-heavy game in a while.

I ordered my CE (360 Version) from Amazon and I just got the e-mail saying it shipped today (12:07pm) and would arrive tomorrow (The 12th.)
Did this happen to anyone else?

[quote name='xpag406']I ordered my CE (360 Version) from Amazon and I just got the e-mail saying it shipped today (12:07pm) and would arrive tomorrow (The 12th.)
Did this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I got the same e-mail on my order so I hope the game actually shows up tomorrow.

[quote name='xpag406']I ordered my CE (360 Version) from Amazon and I just got the e-mail saying it shipped today (12:07pm) and would arrive tomorrow (The 12th.)
Did this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I just got the same thing. I was thinking it wouldn't get here until the 17th, so now I'm pretty stoked!

[quote name='sotc1988']After watching the ending on youtube, I can only imagine anybody who buys this is going to have a hard time not being dissapointed with it. Oh well, Resident Evil hasn't really been a "take it serious" story-heavy game in a while.[/quote]

seems like the ending cinematic taken out of context is probably not going to be the best judge of the game.... but that's just me

You guys will hate me - I got the game last Friday, and I've only been able to sink about an hour into it. I had no idea I'd be this busy.

[quote name='deadite76']Me too! As of today, I'm leaning towards the 360 version.[/quote]I got the 360 version, and so far, it feels like butter - not sure why, but it feels much better than the demo.

I'll be picking this up for the 360 with either the TRU deal (probably) or the Gamestop $19.99 deal.

Loved RE4, beat it 5-7 times, although I never was very good/into at the Mercenaries game. Really liked the RE5 demo although I think the controls are even slower than they were in RE4 (not a huge deterrant for me). I beat the 2nd demo level (chainsaw) without getting hit a few times, never tried it on the 1st level.

Mayhaps I'll see some of you online!

[quote name='mang9432']seems like the ending cinematic taken out of context is probably not going to be the best judge of the game.... but that's just me[/quote]
Okay, let me clarify then. I've watched the entire game on youtube in hd. I knew what context it was in and to be fair most game endings suck these days, I just expected RE to be better.

For those who beat it in super hard mode or whatever it's called...does it have a different ending than the previous levels of difficulty?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']For those who beat it in super hard mode or whatever it's called...does it have a different ending than the previous levels of difficulty?[/QUOTE]

No.

i know its probably listed somewhere here in the thread but i didnt come across it but was there a preorder bonus from gamestop? or was it only from gamecrazy?

bread's done
Back