Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

I am playing through on veteran for my first play through(I imported the 360 version), and I am loving every second so far. I have been mostly playing coop with my brother, which makes it much easier IMO than playing with the AI on your team.
At this point i am around chapter 3, and I can definitely see myself playing through this game over and over, and I am not just talking about mercenary mode. Even the main story has a lot of replay value because there are a lot of extras that give me enough reason to go back and play through again and again. (one example is how the game rewards players for maxing out weapon upgrades with new unlockables)

Like the Ign review said the game isnt scary, but i have found myself on the edge of my seat too many times to count because of the intensity of the game
^___^

anyways just thought i would tell the people who don't have their copy yet what I think of the game so far, and I hope too see you guys online when the game is released here.

Eh It's pretty cool. But I guess I'm crazy for wishing the steel case was a regular DVD case instead. That's a nice thing about SFIV having the normal case to sell it separately ;) Granted I would never sell SFIV till Championship edition is out ;)

Looks like they went Lost Planet with this CE, minus the horrible slip cover/case (thank god).

[quote name='whataboutbob?']i know its probably listed somewhere here in the thread but i didnt come across it but was there a preorder bonus from gamestop? or was it only from gamecrazy?[/quote]

Game Crazy had the snowglobe, GameStop apparently had an art cell but I think they dropped that.

ZackScott, nice video. RE5 CE seems like a complete wash to me, not worth the extra premium at all.

[quote name='ZackScott']Hey guys, I got my Newegg order today (the collector's edition) and did an unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV9hrSdHSsw

I'd have to say the contents weren't that great, but the case is very nice.[/quote]

The "hi" talk bubble on the cat was a nice touch, heh heh.

The contents of that thing do certainly blow though. I was totally prepared to dole the out the extra scrilla for the CE of this game, but then I found out what it had to offer and couldn't bring myself to spend an extra $30.

I actually bought the Limited Edition Strategy Guide from amazon since I didn't buy the CE. It shipped yesterday, but has since then dropped off the face of the Earth. Hopefully it gets here today!

yeah I just saw that, nickle and dime nickle and dime, I have about 5000 MS points and I refuse to spend them on crap like this, adding lol, I bet they mean unlocking content you already paid for and have on the disc.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Eh It's pretty cool. But I guess I'm crazy for wishing the steel case was a regular DVD case instead. That's a nice thing about SFIV having the normal case to sell it separately ;) Granted I would never sell SFIV till Championship edition is out ;)

Looks like they went Lost Planet with this CE, minus the horrible slip cover/case (thank god).[/QUOTE]

I'll never understand the Collector's Edition craze. And I agree with you, a standard DVD case should be included. I don't want the game to take up extra space and look out of place on the next to the other games. The slipcover for Bioshock annoys me, but I don't want to get rid of it and have an "incomplete" copy.

[quote name='sotc1988']Capcom gets a MASSIVE facepalm today. They have huge balls for pulling this shit.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/12/resident-evil-5-versus-dlc-confirmed-costs-money/[/QUOTE]

Heh, it's a brave new world out there. Welcome to the future. New levels of shittiness offered to the consumer.

But let's think of it another way. As huge as the Resident Evil series is and even if the versus mode was included with the game, is anyone really going to be playing it in 3 months? No, they'll go back to Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4.

Online multiplayer has become a bullet point on the back of the box and nothing more. There's only room for a couple core multiplayer titles and that's it. Why invest a ton of money in developing and supporting an online component if no one's going to use it for any period of time. Might as well charge the few people that are careless enough to pay for it.

I'm glad the co-op component is "free". I've been playing Left 4 Dead since release and I've only ever played the co-op mode. If I want to play against others I'll load up Team Fortress 2. I've got over 220 hours invested in TF2 so far. It's the same way with other people and Halo 3/CoD4.

When I saw this news, all I thought was "Cool, extensions to RE's Online features. Nice!"
If the online part of this comes out around the time I'm tired of the core game, and it only cost 5 bucks, even if I only play it for a few weeks, or a month or 2, so what, it's 5 bucks.

It's optional additional content that doesn't split the community, doesn't effect the core game, and simply adds on stuff for the people who want it. 4 player MP is enough for a few friends to play together whenever they wish...

I mean, if this where Gears 2, and it didn't include MP after such a thing made Gears 1
so successful, I could see where the complaints would come from. But for RE, this really is an optional bonus. It's cheaper than a game rental, it's cheaper than most arcade games, it gives more life to something I already purchased, and if I don't like it, I don't have to buy it. It also isn't necessarily something I'd have expected in the full game.

My biggest question is how useful this will feel alongside Mercenaries mode. Hmmm. Guess time will tell, as my Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release -_-;

the reason why capcom and other companies do this charging of the DLC is because...you guessed it - people buy it. if no one bought those freaking sf4 costumes that were already on the disc, then they would stop price gouging us. unfortunately, nearly half of the sf4 players i play online apparently bought costumes, so don't expect this trend to change any time soon. -_-

I'm cool with the DLC option, it's pretty cheap at 400pts...the thing that stings a little is that the PSN version is going to be a dollar cheaper. *shrugs*

I've been playing RE5 since yesterday via a small gaming shop in my area and I must say that I have one compliant. If I have like 30 pistol shells and my partner has 0 I can't just give him a box of 10. I have to give him my entire case of bullets. Its only when you have a full box of 50 with additional bullets in your inventory to be given over to your partner. This issue was also found within the demo, but I was hoping this would have been addressed in the final product.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Now that the finished game is making its way around are the differences in the PS3 and 360 fairly significant?[/QUOTE]

Graphically, yes.

360 runs at 4xAA, while the PS3 runs at QAA which is similar to 2xAA. 4xAA being better.

360 version stays locked at 30FPS, while the PS3 version will drop and stay in the 20-30FPS range.

PS3 version also doesn't do some of the effects as well. Such as smoke, water reflections, heat haze, etc.

PS3:
http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/4/4/6/2/9/1/Resi_PS3_036.jpg.jpg

360:
http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/4/4/6/2/9/1/Resi_360_036.jpg.jpg

[quote name='espionage']the reason why capcom and other companies do this charging of the DLC is because...you guessed it - people buy it. if no one bought those freaking sf4 costumes that were already on the disc, then they would stop price gouging us. unfortunately, nearly half of the sf4 players i play online apparently bought costumes, so don't expect this trend to change any time soon. -_-[/quote]

I got the Brawler pack for free with the CE and I broke down and got the chick pack on SF4, but I draw the line on everything else. Screw Capcom on this crap.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I got the Brawler pack for free with the CE and I broke down and got the chick pack on SF4, but I draw the line on everything else. Screw Capcom on this crap.[/quote]

So you're comfortable spending money on skins that do nothing, but change the visuals, but when new gameplay elements are sold as DLC, that's where you draw the line :whistle2:s?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So you're comfortable spending money on skins that do nothing, but change the visuals, but when new gameplay elements are sold as DLC, that's where you draw the line :whistle2:s?[/quote]

These modes are most likely on the disc already. If it was additional content, I highly doubt that it'd be listed on the back of the box (the 2-16 player multiplayer part)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So you're comfortable spending money on skins that do nothing, but change the visuals, but when new gameplay elements are sold as DLC, that's where you draw the line :whistle2:s?[/quote]
Guess hornyness goes a long way...

So the versus mode will add acheesements?

If this is a code that just unlocks disc cotent I am very iffy, but I will probably buy it anyways since It's so cheap tho it should be free!

Dows anyone have a clue if Walamrt will have the Xbox 360® Elite Resident Evil Limited Edition Console in there store? Right now they have it on there website,but website states not available in store. Just wondering if it is saying that because it is not the 13th yet?

anyone having or hearing about any problems w/ this disc?

mine keeps locking up in the first cut scene. the video freezes, but the audio keeps going.....

edit: installing it to the HD seemed to fix it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='juicedup1']Dows anyone have a clue if Walamrt will have the Xbox 360® Elite Resident Evil Limited Edition Console in there store? Right now they have it on there website,but website states not available in store. Just wondering if it is saying that because it is not the 13th yet?[/quote]

Just as a heads up, the new RE5 Elites are Jaspers for those of you who actually care.

That DLC is garbage. RE5 has some of the worse control schemes to pull off a multiplayer vs. match. If they where going to do that, they should have fine tuned the controls better. This stuff is probably on the disc as well....But I am a bigger sucker, I am going to buy it on the PS3 some time next week. I got some people on the 360 that want to play it with me and others on the PS3. It takes alot of time and effort to upgrade weapons all the way. Game is funner than what I thought, except the loading times are not as long as I imagined, I thought wow, I could refresh my RE history, but parts of the game load so fast I can only read a few sentences....

I didn't think I would, but I LOVE the co-op in this game. Sharing equipment became second nature and very quick to pull off. I also like how you can use one spray to heal two people (just have your partner stand next to you).

I dislike how you can't buy ammo. Does this change in the later levels? I keep running out. Maybe that's part of the challenge, but it kinda sucks. I made it up to the
caves
. So much fun.

The only way to get ammo, that you do not find in the levels is to upgrade the weapons capacity when you can. You will get free ammo that way.

When it comes to SF, I'm comfortable spending money on any of it. I'm a sucker that way. I had to have my Balrog in a boxing robe!

I'm renting this game though. The control scheme is just too 90s for me, especially when all the reviews I read talk about it being a "survival-action" game. Well if Capcom is trying to evolve the franchise, its time to evolve the control scheme too.

[quote name='zewone']Graphically, yes.

360 runs at 4xAA, while the PS3 runs at QAA which is similar to 2xAA. 4xAA being better.

360 version stays locked at 30FPS, while the PS3 version will drop and stay in the 20-30FPS range.

PS3 version also doesn't do some of the effects as well. Such as smoke, water reflections, heat haze, etc.

PS3:
http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/4/4/6/2/9/1/Resi_PS3_036.jpg.jpg

360:
http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/4/4/6/2/9/1/Resi_360_036.jpg.jpg[/quote]

Wow - that's not even close.

Thought so. Also, what's the best way to set up a coop game? I started with my friend last night and selected a new game. However I couldn't invite him until I started things up. As a result, he missed the first cut scene. We stopped at 1-2...from now on should I just start a game through chapter select? My friend doesn't want to miss more cutscenes (yes I know you can watch them in the gallery but still).

bread's done
Back