Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Why buy a used copy at Gamestop for $5 less when you can get it at Amazon for the same price new?[/quote]

I was trying to exchange a game I got from that Buy Two Get One Free deal gamestop had about a week ago and it only applied for used games. Within a week after the purchase you could exchange the two 'priced' items for another used game (sometime you could exchange the 'free' one too). My original goal was somehow ending with having Valkyria Chronicles, RE5 and Killzone 2 for $105.00.
All in all everything worked out

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Yes the entire game, once you know where everything is and where to go then you can beat every stage in about 5-15 mins more or less

My first play through on normal while exploring and breaking pots/boxes was 8:xx hours, 1 hour on Wesker alone
We couldn't figure out how to kill him with the rocket and we kept running out, if you run out of rockets you can still put him down with a gun
2nd play though on amateur was 3:xx hours
Then we did a Veteran run with infinite ammo and that was the 2 hrs 45 mins, it would've been faster but we died at some parts and that adds to your time

I need to do a Professional run to get my last achievement[/quote]

I'm glad it doesn't take long to go through it again - I guess there are parts where you can just run past the zombies without killing them? Also, if you have maxed out weapons the early zombies must be easy to drop.

So far I'm in Chapter 4-1 and I've only found 5/30 emblems. They are really well hidden. My main problem is carrying enough stuff with only 9 slots. I have my handgun, magnum and shotgun and those take up 6 spots when you factor in ammo. I also wish you could pick up a green or red herb and combine it into your inventory instead of having to drop something or otherwise free up a slot. Can you imagine the conversation:

Chris: "I really want that green herb but I don't have enough room for it!"
Sheva: "Combine it with the red herb you are carrying!"
Chris: "I can't"
Sheva: "You can combine herbs - do it before we die!"
Chris: "OK, but I'll have to drop my shotgun ammo."
Sheva: "No - just combine it with the red herb you are carrying!"
Chris: "Yeah, like that's possible you dumb bitch - why don't you go waste some ammo or something?"
Sheva: "YOU ARE CARRYING LIKE 5 GOLD CHALICES AND 30 fuckING GEMSTONES - DROP ONE OF THOSE SHITHEAD."
Chris: "I don't get it."
Sheva: "Are you retarded or something?"

[quote name='javeryh']Chris: "I really want that green herb but I don't have enough room for it!"
Sheva: "Combine it with the red herb you are carrying!"
Chris: "I can't"
Sheva: "You can combine herbs - do it before we die!"
Chris: "OK, but I'll have to drop my shotgun ammo."
Sheva: "No - just combine it with the red herb you are carrying!"
Chris: "Yeah, like that's possible you dumb bitch - why don't you go waste some ammo or something?"
Sheva: "YOU ARE CARRYING LIKE 5 GOLD CHALICES AND 30 fuckING GEMSTONES - DROP ONE OF THOSE SHITHEAD."
Chris: "I don't get it."
Sheva: "Are you retarded or something?"[/quote]

Priceless.

[quote name='danked']are you kidding me, when I left Sheva in attack mode she would run out and get shot and needlessly take damage all the time, the AI in RE5 was pretty bad at times.[/QUOTE]
If she starts running out and doing this, call her back.

I've gotten a Disc Read error with the game a few times. I wish they put more time into the weapons - upgrading and picking which were the best guns was one of the more interesting and strategic parts about RE4. All the guns are too similar in RE5, they're too cheap and easy to upgrade, and selling them offers you no benefits.

Anyone have any problems trying to join a friend's game, or having one join yours? For some reason, I'm having that issue. It won't even let us do a private chat while playing RE5 either.

Finally beat it today... holy shit the Wesker fights were damn hard. Had to get my friend who is on 3-1 to help me out. :bomb:

I read somewhere that if you fully upgrade one of your guns, then it will have unlimited ammo when you replay the game.... well I fully upgraded my shotty and machine gun, yet NO UNLIMITED AMMO!! (even though I have the selection available in the beginning...playing as Sheva now...) am I doing something wrong?

Does selecting unlimited ammo have any affect on your ranking?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Finally beat it today... holy shit the Wesker fights were damn hard. Had to get my friend who is on 3-1 to help me out. :bomb:

I read somewhere that if you fully upgrade one of your guns, then it will have unlimited ammo when you replay the game.... well I fully upgraded my shotty and machine gun, yet NO UNLIMITED AMMO!! (even though I have the selection available in the beginning...playing as Sheva now...) am I doing something wrong?

Does selecting unlimited ammo have any affect on your ranking?[/quote]

Once they're upgraded, you have to go into Bonus Features and unlock the Unlimited Ammo for EACH GUN with points. It's not automatic, or cheap.

It does not, however, do anything to your ranking.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Finally beat it today... holy shit the Wesker fights were damn hard. Had to get my friend who is on 3-1 to help me out. :bomb:

Does selecting unlimited ammo have any affect on your ranking?[/quote]
You have to buy unlimited ammo with your exchange points under bonus features. Then you have to go to special settings and turn infinite ammo on. Then when you create a game you have to choose YES for infinite ammo. Then equip whatever guns you bought unlimited ammo for and yay unlimited ammo!

So, after privately fuming about this game for about a week now, things are getting better. I very nearly hung it up after
the first (if there are any others) SUV chase.

Everything since then has been pretty fun. I'm glad I stuck with it and while this is currently a Gamefly rental, I'll probably buy the game when it either drops down under $30 or they come out with a RE5+ version.

Playing it today was the first time that I really didn't want to put it down. Kinda sucks that this is going to be a super-busy week for me.

#1. I have not even collected all the Emblems or Weapons Yet.

#2. But I WILL be buying the new Versus Mode DLC its just $5 bucks 400 points

#3. But most important it Adds 2 or 3 new Weapons that you can use in the Single Player Game.

Thats worth it for me.

Anyone have trouble with achievements?? I know I have got at least one of every egg once, but am I supposed to have them all at once??

[quote name='yukafls']Anyone have trouble with achievements?? I know I have got at least one of every egg once, but am I supposed to have them all at once??[/quote]

It didn't unlock for me until I had all 4 added to my stash.

Beat it with a friend, forced my way through it, and was bored to the very end. Since I'm raining on ya'lls parade I'm out, but just wanted to voice my severe disappointment.

I can't believe how easy Professional is even with the unlimited Magnum guns. Except for El Gigante or whatever his name is, fought that bitch for 40+ minutes before winning.

Oh, and
I guess I'm not the only one that noticed the missles missing Wesker. They should just turn him into the next Dr. Wily in terms of showing up in every game lol.

I dont know, it is a challenge. With stupid sheva getting in the way of the enemy all the time, and you dont really have time to help rescue her

Weird, played co-op with someone over Live and we both did the melees required for "The Works" achievement and only one of us got it, lame.

TAG, just started a few days ago once my Xbox RE Edition came in... So far, enjoying it quite a bit... finding the controls clunkier than I recall them being on the Gamecube or Wii. Going to toss an assumption in a spoiler tag I have after level 2.2 or whatever it was...

The masked person is Jill under the influence of Las Plagas

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='menikmati']Weird, played co-op with someone over Live and we both did the melees required for "The Works" achievement and only one of us got it, lame.[/quote]

The person that gets the final blow is the only one that gets it, kinda sucks but easy against those big fat dudes on the ship level, 6-1 I think.

[quote name='mike.m']I'd love to get into this game, but everytime I've played, I've gone to a loading screen and gotten stuck there...[/QUOTE]

I would return your game disc for a new one or there may be something wrong with your 360.
Loads take no more than 3 secs with it installed playingh solo. And over live I haven't seen a load screen more than maybe 8 secs. The game actually loads so fast sometimes that I can't read the history of RE in the loading screens. This is really impressive to me, especially over live.

Also Professional is not piece of cake, can't say the same about Veteran which was a breeze. I have about 6 more parts left before beating it and we probably died 20 times already. In the level with the port key, the actual Helicopter, on our side, killed me and my friend with a rocket(with no enemies in sight). It's not so bad if you say within your teammates reach, but you sure need a whole shit load of 1st aids.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I would return your game disc for a new one or there may be something wrong with your 360.
Loads take no more than 3 secs with it installed playingh solo. And over live I haven't seen a load screen more than maybe 8 secs. The game actually loads so fast sometimes that I can't read the history of RE in the loading screens. This is really impressive to me, especially over live.

Also Professional is not piece of cake, can't say the same about Veteran which was a breeze. I have about 6 more parts left before beating it and we probably died 20 times already. In the level with the port key, the actual Helicopter, on our side, killed me and my friend with a rocket(with no enemies in sight). It's not so bad if you say within your teammates reach, but you sure need a whole shit load of 1st aids.[/quote]

I got it from Gamefly. I've had issues with random lockups on certain games before, but usually if I install the game to my hard drive, that clears up. I need to make space for it I guess.

So gamefly shipped RE5 out for me today. I plan on playing it with my little brother this weekend when he comes to visit and was wondering what setting I should play on with him? I beat RE4 no problem but I know RE5 has made it a no pause inventory screen and I will be playing with a 10 year old with minimal FPSer experience.

[quote name='Alcedes']Any suggestions on getting ammo? I'm at the end but i have almost no ammo and no cash... i guess i shoulda been more frugal. heh.[/QUOTE]

Replay the first few chapters a few times.

[quote name='javeryh']The no pause inventory is rarely an issue because you can assign the d-pad to 4 items for quick switching.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt aware of this... I'll have to pull out the instructions to figure this one out.

Actually you don't need the manual to learn how to map weapons and items to the d-pad. Placing anything in the up, down, left and right slots will do. I just wish they included the corners. ;\

I finally finished it this afternoon, my final playtime was around 10:30 I believe. I am pretty stoked i was able to beat the game in single player, Sheva was overall pretty smart, although from about chapter 5-1 onwards it becomes much more difficult with her as an A.I. Since none of my real life friends have picked this up yet hopefully I can play some coop with some cag's at some point.

[quote name='Alcedes']Any suggestions on getting ammo? I'm at the end but i have almost no ammo and no cash... i guess i shoulda been more frugal. heh.[/quote]

Playing with someone who already has infinite ammo does wonders too.

[quote name='cannibalgirl']Playing with someone who already has infinite ammo does wonders too.[/quote]

That it does, but man it takes away SOME fun with the infinite Rocket Launcher Ammo. Man does it ruin your accuracy as well.

I wonder what the 2 Extra DLC Weapons Will be from the $5 Versus DLC Pack.????

They can be used in the single player game once purchased, which is cool.

I know it's just me, but I wish you were forced to reload even if you had infinite ammo. I don't know, I just like reloading. How many people will actually be buying the DLC? I'm kinda worry not enough people will buy it so it'll be hard to find matches.

Is anyone else having trouble connecting or getting disconnected while playing the campaign or mercenaries mode? My friend and I are trying to complete the game in professional, but he keeps getting disconnected right towards the end of Chapter 5-3. To make matters worse, if someone gets disconnected you have to restart the chapter or else the person who got disconnected won't get credit for finishing the chapter. Anyone know if this is a technical issue with the game itself, or is the problem in our connections?

I wonder what the 2 Extra DLC Weapons Will be from the $5 Versus DLC Pack.????
I really hope they aren't just the Px4 and Samurai Edge handguns because that would be lame.

So gamefly shipped RE5 out for me today. I plan on playing it with my little brother this weekend when he comes to visit and was wondering what setting I should play on with him? I beat RE4 no problem but I know RE5 has made it a no pause inventory screen and I will be playing with a 10 year old with minimal FPSer experience.
I'd suggest normal, but then it might be too easy (for you) since you can take so much damage from enemies.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']On the last battle once
the plane crahes and wesker comes out
there seems to be a few crates behind him...any way to get to them?[/quote]
After the plane crashes instead of going forward, turn around right away and you can hack the crates open with your knife and eat all the delicious ammo within the gooey centers.

[quote name='Ma12kez']
I really hope they aren't just the Px4 and Samurai Edge handguns because that would be lame.
[/quote]
Isn't the Samurai another name for the weapon you get when you upgrade the first pistol all the way in story mode?

[quote name='bs000']
After the plane crashes instead of going forward, turn around right away and you can hack the crates open with your knife and eat all the delicious ammo within the gooey centers.
[/quote]

Excellent...I'll try that next time. Thanks...though I was hoping for some treasures.

[quote name='akilshohen']Isn't the Samurai another name for the weapon you get when you upgrade the first pistol all the way in story mode?[/quote]I believe you are referring to the M93R (3 round burst handgun). The Samurai Edge is currently a mercenaries mode exclusive to a certain character, along with the Px4 for another character. As of right now, you cannot use either gun in the campaign.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I believe you are referring to the M93R (3 round burst handgun). The Samurai Edge is currently a mercenaries mode exclusive to a certain character, along with the Px4 for another character. As of right now, you cannot use either gun in the campaign.[/quote]
yeah, but don't they just about do the same thing?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Excellent...I'll try that next time. Thanks...though I was hoping for some treasures.[/QUOTE]

I read there is a treasure in the last level, but I forgot where it is located.

[quote name='akilshohen']yeah, but don't they just about do the same thing?[/quote]

Nah, the Samurai Edge is the most powerful handgun in the game and doesn't have a three round burst. It also has a special property of staggering Mercs mini-boss enemies with one shot.

The Px4 is the only handgun with a 80+% critical headshot rate, making comboing pretty easy if you're good at nailing headshots.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Excellent...I'll try that next time. Thanks...though I was hoping for some treasures.[/QUOTE]

There is a treasure, it is a breakable boulder straight ahead of that rock bridge that collapses and the treasure falls to the left of where you land. Be careful grabbing it though, Wesker is a huge pain to get past in order to get to it and get back.

Anyone know how to get an S ranking on chapter 6-2? I got an S in every category except for enemies defeated, I got a C. I only found 7 of them in the level, am I missing something?

[quote name='SlimJim0725']There is a treasure, it is a breakable boulder straight ahead of that rock bridge that collapses and the treasure falls to the left of where you land. Be careful grabbing it though, Wesker is a huge pain to get past in order to get to it and get back.[/quote]

Cool...thanks for the tip. I need 9 treasures, so that makes 8 after I nab this one.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Cool...thanks for the tip. I need 9 treasures, so that makes 8 after I nab this one.[/QUOTE]

No problem, I managed to grab all of the treasures with another CAG. I ended up having to go back for 2 of them myself, there is one at the beginning of the game where you encounter that first huge wave of enemies. You have to kill a guy that throws bombs at you and he is one of the last enemies that shows up, so you basically have to kil all of them in order to get it. The other one was in the first Wesker fight, I ended up getting all of the treasures that were in the area he kicks you in the first time I played it, but there is also 1 treasure for making Wesker leave in under 7 minutes by doing enough damage to him. Really easy to do if you have 2 people with the L.Hawk and unlimited ammo, we just had him bouncing between the 2 of us, probably took like 30 seconds to a minute. Other than those 2, I can't think of any really hidden treasures to search for.

[quote name='Davestation']Anyone know how to get an S ranking on chapter 6-2? I got an S in every category except for enemies defeated, I got a C. I only found 7 of them in the level, am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

You had to have missed some enemies, I believe if you climb up the ladder at the big boss fight she shoots out some stuff that will attack you, I think those are considered enemies as well, because I had something like 15 enemies defeated at the end of that stage and managed to get a S ranking. I am missing one S ranking myself and that is the one with the sunbeam puzzle, that is the only 1 I haven't replayed yet though.

Chapters 4-6 probably took longer for me than 1-3, but that was pretty expected since smaller enemies started using weapons (ak's, stun rods, rockets from what I remember), some had bulletproof armor, helmets, and or shields. The bosses were a lot more difficult as well, so I hope you have some pretty decent upgraded weapons if you are running through it alone, I had a real person run through it with me so it wasn't too bad at least.

bread's done
Back