Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Only two achievements to go. They may take some time, unfortunately...[/quote]

yeah me to two achievements to go, but I decided to give up on the game. I did have a lot of fun playing this game, Co-op Mercs still sounds like fun,
but honesty beside the nice graphics and Mercs maybe co-op, I think I was disappointed in just about everything in this game, story and ending were awful, the Op-co was fun but a double edged sword improving gameplay(at times) but also made the game far to linear and changed a lot about what made the other games great. (Check out The Escapist's review)
Compared to RE4 and RE2 which both has a good story, enemies, bosses and ending(RE2). I really think RE5 was a step back for everything except multiplayer. What do you guys think?

PS I did like all the other RE, But 4 and 2 were my favorites

I personally prefer the M93R over the magnum when running through chapters again. No recoil, and it's enough to take out most Majini.

But if you want to get a higher rank for accuracy, I would say use the M3 (or Hydra, but I haven't unlocked infinite ammo for that yet) since a shotgun requires less aiming. As long as you hit something, then it will not hurt your accuracy score.

Yeah, I guess if you were running a pirated copy then playing co-op on Live wouldn't be an option.

None of the RE games have good stories and the more American games we play with good stories, the worse the old-fashioned RE stories look. Of course the dialogue and voice acting are the worst culprits in this and every RE game, besides maybe REmake.

I like the reduced # of puzzles in this game, since they were always silly before. Being able to redo stages for items and upgrading your weapons adds a lot to the game. The excellent multiplayer is icing on the cake.

So with Infinite Ammo guns do you have the reload animation like in RE4 or is it like the Gatling Gun and you can just hold 'em down until they are dead? I hope it's the latter because the Gattling Gun is really fun to use.

[quote name='KingBroly']So with Infinite Ammo guns do you have the reload animation like in RE4 or is it like the Gatling Gun and you can just hold 'em down until they are dead? I hope it's the latter because the Gattling Gun is really fun to use.[/quote]
No reload animation at all if "Infinite Ammo" is turned on.

[quote name='KingBroly']What's the best weapon to put on infinite ammo first? I assume it's some sort of Magnum. Once I get that I'm pretty sure I can get S rankings on every Mission (In Amateur, at least).[/quote]

I enjoyed having infinite ammo on my Dragunov, though the PSG-1 is probably better (less sway). High damage, no recoil, fast rate of fire, and you have a scope.

[quote name='KingBroly']What's the best weapon to put on infinite ammo first? I assume it's some sort of Magnum. Once I get that I'm pretty sure I can get S rankings on every Mission (In Amateur, at least).[/quote]

Well I did the S&W 500 first, but then I did the L Hawk next and realized that it was much better. It hardly has any recoil and you can shoot faster, so it ends up being better overall with infinite ammo.

[quote name='menikmati']I think my shortest run is just over 4 hours on Veteran where I would just run through everything but still pick up all the treasure.[/quote]

Was that solo or Co-op?

BTW, I just love this game and I still need like 250GS to go.

Aww wait, the handcannon or whatever you get for upgrading the first magnum uses magnum ammo, too?

So considering there's barely any magnum ammo in the game, it's pretty much useless outside of boss battles without infinite ammo?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Aww wait, the handcannon or whatever you get for upgrading the first magnum uses magnum ammo, too?

So considering there's barely any magnum ammo in the game, it's pretty much useless outside of boss battles without infinite ammo?[/quote]

Yeah, but if you save up enough, you should be able to upgrade it in no time. I never even had to use it without infinite ammo; I upgraded it and got infinite the moment I got it.

does anyone think that mercenaries just gets way too easy once you have midnight Wesker, and then RIDICULOUSLY easy once you have STARS Wesker. I can now pretty much get an S on every level without even trying that hard with Stars Wesker. When i first started and i only had Chris and sheva it took me forever to even beat the first level, then luckily i was able to get an A on the second level and get midnight Wesker. Once i had that i unlocked all the other characters and beat all the other levels.

I'm looking for someone to help me through Mercenaries (So I can get all characters and all levels unlocked). Preferably someone who's done a lot so far.

[quote name='elsnow77']does anyone think that mercenaries just gets way too easy once you have midnight Wesker, and then RIDICULOUSLY easy once you have STARS Wesker. I can now pretty much get an S on every level without even trying that hard with Stars Wesker. When i first started and i only had Chris and sheva it took me forever to even beat the first level, then luckily i was able to get an A on the second level and get midnight Wesker. Once i had that i unlocked all the other characters and beat all the other levels.[/QUOTE]

That's why a lot of the people who are on the leader boards are using Wesker.

I'd like to know why a Rotten Egg is worth more than a Golden Egg. It makes no sense to me.

Thanks to a friend, I unlocked Professional Mode. I beat 6-2 in 2 minutes, 40 seconds. 10,000 points in 12 minutes? Yes please. I also got a few more achievements, but still need the Jumping Headshot, kill 2 with 1 Flash Grenade and 3 difficulty achievements.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'd like to know why a Rotten Egg is worth more than a Golden Egg. It makes no sense to me.

Thanks to a friend, I unlocked Professional Mode. I beat 6-2 in 2 minutes, 40 seconds. 10,000 points in 12 minutes? Yes please. I also got a few more achievements, but still need the Jumping Headshot, kill 2 with 1 Flash Grenade and 3 difficulty achievements.[/quote]

For the jumping headshot one, go to Public Assembly in Mercenaries and get on the bus or that little shack that you can jump on to get to the top of the bus. Use Chris (BSAA), equip your shotgun and aim high when they jump toward you. Should get it easily.

For the flash grenade one, go to stage 4-1 and use a flash grenade on the spiders. Easy achievement.

hey, just wanted to ask one question, can you pm me the answer because i'm not trying to spoil the game lol. I'm not looking at these thread replies lol.

but when playing local split screen campaign, can you get rid of the those black lines that cover the screen, I have to like squint at the screen to play with my brother lol.

[quote name='danked']there is a money glitch http://www.achieve360points.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110310[/quote]

Its harder to do on the PS3. You need to do it online with a friend. The PS3 will not let you sign into two profiles at once, while you can do it with the 360. You just have to exchange them online or LAN it. It takes much more time to do it. If you are looking for a rotten egg, I usually find them in stage 4-1 and stage 6-3 other swear that stage 5-2 gives them to you, but out of the ten or so times playing that level I never got one.

Edit: Sorry, I was just in the PS3 forums and thought this guy was mentioning the glitch for the PS3....my dumb

I do have 45 eggs if a CAG needs some, send a Friends request to me and say your from CAG wanting Eggs and hopefully we can do it real fast.

Do you have a second controller/profile?

I just tried 1-1 on Professional...yeah...so I basically can't take 1 lousy hit because 3 seconds equals Death on that. Not fair at all. I managed to get the other Achievements, though. Now I just need to beat the game again...and again...and again.

Also, Sheva with an Infinite Ammo Magnum on Professional is definitely the way to go.

Best thing to do is play with a friend on Professional. The hard part for me and my friend was when you get rushed at the end of the first level, after that it was not that bad. Stay close and get the horrible levels done first (5-2 thru 6-3) are probably the hardest. IF you have infinite ammo load up on First Aid Sprays to heal.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I'd love to do the egg glitch, but I can't since my connection at school is so terrible...[/quote]

As long as you have some eggs you, can use the same method you increase you eggs to 45, player 1 gives - player2 eggs, player 2 saves player one does not. now give all eggs to player one, as you see the egg count will double and repeat till you have 45.

[quote name='Davestation']Best thing to do is play with a friend on Professional. The hard part for me and my friend was when you get rushed at the end of the first level, after that it was not that bad. Stay close and get the horrible levels done first (5-2 thru 6-3) are probably the hardest. IF you have infinite ammo load up on First Aid Sprays to heal.[/quote]

Well obviously that's the plan. I don't need to do 6-2, though. I beat that on Professional already (because you can beat it in under 3 minutes).

I just got the gun upgrade achievement, and now I need to do three more achievements.

If you need money, you don't need to do the egg glitch. I just run the beginning of 5-3 over and over again, and that takes about 1-2 minutes. Just play until after the part where you activate the power switch. You kill 2-3 reapers, and they each drop a power stone. After you activate the switch and leave the room, reload back at the same level starting point. Running this with a rocket launcher once you know the layout of the level takes about 2 minutes.

I'm on the final fight (I think). I had to turn it off since the kids were around but I hope to finish tonight and then start a run through with unlimited ammo or whatever the kids are doing for fun these days.

I've beaten the game about three or four times and EVERY time I gotta wince at the end when
Wesker is pulling the helicopter down from the lava and Sheva and Chris have to shoot him down. Now what bugs me isn't the fact that he's in GODDAMN lava and so it's questionable how much more two RPG's will do to him. Instead it's the fact that Chris THEN Sheva gotta give a little saying before they pull the trigger. I Mean it's bad enough Nina...er...I mean Jill is a small secondary (if even) character, but the fact that she's reduced to the one who has to hand the rocket launcher to them and say nothing as they make their little lines is just sad.
Other then that I love this game so much, especially considering put about 50 hours in a 5-10 hour average game.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that he could do anything once he's immersed in lava. I lost my patience at that point, but at least you can skip to the QTE and then skip what comes afterwards.

I still don't understand what the fuck the point of Sheva was, other than to counter the race issue. Barely any character development outside of
"btw chris my parents died"
, she can't pronounce the word "herb" correctly, and the main villain, Wesker, barely even addresses her presence. I highly doubt we'll ever see here again.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I still don't understand what the fuck the point of Sheva was, other than to counter the race issue. Barely any character development outside of
, she can't pronounce the word "herb" correctly, and the main villain, Wesker, barely even addresses her presence. I highly doubt we'll ever see here again.[/quote]

She seems like the answer to: "What can we do to make this not be Resident Evil 4.5?"

I honestly have not enjoyed having a partner in this game. Granted, playing with a real-life friend is kinda fun for a bit, but there's many other co-op games that seem better made for co-op.

I'm only in 5-1. Haven't played this as much as I want to. I'll probably get quite a bit in tonight.

Oh, yeah, the forced co-op is ridiculous. I really didn't have many problems with the AI, other than it being slow to help you on higher difficulties *gets head bitten off by a god because Sheva was busy running in a circle while the HELP sign flashed for five minutes.

It's just...like, if they felt they HAD to do co-op, I don't see why they couldn't have made it optional. Like, single player, it's just Chris. Co-op, a second character is just *there*, but not *there* story-wise. Like how the Halo series does it (I assume).

Man, I WISH it was RE 4.5. It feels more like...RE 3.8. If that makes sense. What I'm saying is that it's a huge step down from RE4, especially the later levels with the guns and cover system and all...it's still a really fun game, but it's a shitty RE game.

[quote name='bardockkun']I've beaten the game about three or four times and EVERY time I gotta wince at the end when
Wesker is pulling the helicopter down from the lava and Sheva and Chris have to shoot him down. Now what bugs me isn't the fact that he's in GODDAMN lava and so it's questionable how much more two RPG's will do to him. Instead it's the fact that Chris THEN Sheva gotta give a little saying before they pull the trigger. I Mean it's bad enough Nina...er...I mean Jill is a small secondary (if even) character, but the fact that she's reduced to the one who has to hand the rocket launcher to them and say nothing as they make their little lines is just sad.
Other then that I love this game so much, especially considering put about 50 hours in a 5-10 hour average game.[/quote]

I got nauseous from that garbage at the end. Felt like a line from the worse of the worse 80s B-movies. As if the story wasn't crappy enough.

Only 5 cheezmints left, but I think I'm gonna skip out on the beating it in professional mode. Something tells me that'll be more frustration then fun for me.

Quick question though, but to get the final action figure do I have to have S grade on a consecutive difficulty level? Or is it okay for it to vary level by level? Say for example on the first level I only got S on amatuer, but second level I only got A on amatuer, but S on normal, am I still okay to get it?

Playing it on Professional with the AI is a pain in the ass. Why? The AI decides that they want to be like Rambo and consistently run ahead of you to their death. If I could play it by myself, I'd be able to beat it, easy.

A couple of hard parts I know I'll have to beat are 2-3 and 5-3. 2-3 because it's mainly luck and 5-3 because
the Jill part is bullshit

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I still don't understand what the fuck the point of Sheva was, other than to counter the race issue. Barely any character development outside of
, she can't pronounce the word "herb" correctly, and the main villain, Wesker, barely even addresses her presence. I highly doubt we'll ever see here again.[/quote]

First thing I said after finishing the game was something along those lines. My point was, though, that outside of having the OMGZ! PLOT TWIZT!, there was no reason that Sheva couldn't have just been Jill in the first place. It would've added a lot more gravity to the plot, with the two of them going after Wesker, instead of, as you mentioned, random girl. In terms of secondary characters, Sheva isn't awful (I mean, let's remember Steve, Billy Coen, and Carlos), but that still doesn't mean she needed to be in the game.

Should've been Jill. Hell, I'd have taken Barry (that's a lie... I would blow a dude at Capcom to get Barry back in the series).

Sheva is hot. Keep the game interesting, everyone kept playing wanting to see more of her clothes being taken off. I even pick Sheva during co-op just to look at her ass while she runs.

But really if the game didn't have co-oop I probably wouldn't have beaten it so many times and gotten all the achievements. It wouldn't matter who was in her place, but luckily Chris got a good looking partnah.

[quote name='bardockkun']Only 5 cheezmints left, but I think I'm gonna skip out on the beating it in professional mode. Something tells me that'll be more frustration then fun for me.

Quick question though, but to get the final action figure do I have to have S grade on a consecutive difficulty level? Or is it okay for it to vary level by level? Say for example on the first level I only got S on amatuer, but second level I only got A on amatuer, but S on normal, am I still okay to get it?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was S on all level, but it unlocked for me when I got S on Veteran except for 2-3 (I got a S on amateur on that level). So I think as long as you got a S in each level, then it's fine.

I think I'll pick this one up when it gets down to around $30-40. Most of my friends who have it like it and the coop seems really good

Got the last achievement. I won't be playing this again for a while. Four full play-throughs and quite a bit of treasure hunting......I'm more than sick of this game now...

I played the hell out of the game the first week I got it to get almost all of the achievements, then sold it to a friend at the price I got it for.

The game was fun overall, but got stale way too quickly for my tastes.

Anyone else really like playing the Mercenaries mode? I got all the achievements rather quickly, but still find myself playing Mercenaries mode over and over again. I haven't even scored over 200,000 before on any stage, but I still find it pretty fun for some strange reason. I still tend to only pick
Jill (BSAA)
because of her speed, despite the fact that there are other characters who have much better weapon layouts.

I like Mercenaries Mode, too. It's really tough, though. Sort of frustrating at times. I'm probably going to put more into it in the coming days.

Oh, and now...1000g :)

Me and this guy beat the final boss
during the first phase of the fight
so that was pretty sweet.

hehe, I loved that IGN tip they posted about dropping all the weak guns in your inventory and keeping your big guns..like the handcannon. So awesome. Prison is still a bitch even with Chris (STARS).

OK, I finally finished the game on Normal and I'm going to try and go for some achievements. What is the best way to go about this? I think I need a ton of money and points to buy the unlockables. I now see unlimited ammo available for the M3 shotgun (the only weapon I fully upgraded while playing) but it costs 12,000 points! I have like 1,300 left (after buying all the figurines except for 5 of them which aren't available yet). What is the least painful way of racking up money and points? What should I do next? I tried Mercenaries but it kept telling me I failed even though I didn't die.

[quote name='javeryh']OK, I finally finished the game on Normal and I'm going to try and go for some achievements. What is the best way to go about this? I think I need a ton of money and points to buy the unlockables. I now see unlimited ammo available for the M3 shotgun (the only weapon I fully upgraded while playing) but it costs 12,000 points! I have like 1,300 left (after buying all the figurines except for 5 of them which aren't available yet). What is the least painful way of racking up money and points? What should I do next? I tried Mercenaries but it kept telling me I failed even though I didn't die.[/quote]

Try rushing through amateur in under five hours. That'll get you infinite rocket ammo and it should provide the points/treasure you need to upgrade and tackle the higher difficulties.

bread's done
Back