Resident Evil 5 - Out Now - 2/17: Lost in Nightmares DLC arriving on 2/18 for $4.99

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I don't have it unlocked :(.

And I had to sell it because:

On my first run through, the 12 hour one, we didn't know there was a QTE to kill Wesker at the end, so we had to sell all our stuff to "exploit" the game to give us ammo for our guns :/. My upgraded shotgun was worth like $17,000
[/QUOTE]

You're supposed to kill him with that? Whenever I tried it Chris would always die before he did no matter how fast I tapped the button. Figured it was a red herring.

[quote name='Magus8472']You're supposed to kill him with that? Whenever I tried it Chris would always die before he did no matter how fast I tapped the button. Figured it was a red herring.[/quote]

you have to make sure you have enough energy to survive it
. thats how i beat the game.

[quote name='lokizz']
you have to make sure you have enough energy to survive it
. thats how i beat the game.[/QUOTE]

Chris was at full health when I was trying it.

*shrug*

Maybe I don't have the requisite tapping skills. Or maybe you can't do it on Veteran and up?

i'm confused. If I play a level of co-op with some one in Prof. even though i don't have it unlocked- does it stay unlocked on my system? Or only while connected to that player?

Additionally, can you get the trophy for just playing the last level, or do you have to do it all?

[quote name='Magus8472']Chris was at full health when I was trying it.

*shrug*

Maybe I don't have the requisite tapping skills. Or maybe you can't do it on Veteran and up?[/quote]

that could be it. when i did it i was playing on normal. once i get to the final boss on veteran il let you know if it worked again or not.

Finally finished it... I was very impressed with the game, although I'm pissed that I had to play single player(my buddy would constantly talk about how he wanted to co-op and then when it finally comes out he flakes....

I dunno if it's been discussed at all and I know it's kinda out there, but does anyone else think Sheva was a "Plan B" character? I'm sure they always had co-op in mind for the game, but I'm wondering if they made some sudden tweaks and put her in due to that whole superfluous racism issue:

When she was introduced Capcom said she wasn't just thrown in to stem the criticism, but I can't help think that Jill was supposed to be the original supporting character. During that flashback to the mansion with Chris and Jill taking on wesker her look is very similar to Sheva. Her body type and clothing are very similar to the point that it almost looks like an alternate costume... not to mention they seemed to take great strides in masking Jill's face with that baseball cap, possibly becauase they had the very same facial structure. I know that's not a lot to go on, but I remember how strange it seemed when I watched the cutscene. When we finally see Jill again in her zero suit outfit it's like they intentionally went out of their way to make her look completely different from before; bleaching her hair, making her nose bigger(making her teeth...uglier), etc. almost as if to cover the initial indentical look. It also seems that a lot of scenes in the game could have functioned without her character there in that crow mask lurking around...
Another thing that's sort of nagging me is the whole thing with that girl in the red dress. Capcom went out of their way a while back to issue a screen shot with chris holding her in front of some sort of cryo chamber, but she only ends up being some random one-off chick. I remember there was talks that she was possibly sherry birkin.

Any thoughts?

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']
Memories always look better then what they truly appear as

I'll play, add me to your PSN :)[/QUOTE]
Will do.

Big thanks to Inf_Shini as I played one level on Pro, and now have that difficulty unlocked!

Just found all the BSAA emblems, bought all the figurines, and picked up all the costumes. Now to farm, farm, farm for money -- makes me sad you need to do that to get the platinum as it doesn't make for an enjoyable gaming experience. :(

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'll be free in like an hour I think lol if you're up for it.[/QUOTE]

Cool -- I'll be on around 9 PM EST then. If you don't get on by 9:15 PM, then we'll try to meet up again tomorrow night.

Grinding to get all the weapons, did like an hour of farming Lion Hearts of 5-2 and got enough to max the M37 and the machine gun needed to unlock the bow/gatling gun. Also finished maxing out the L. Hawk today and bought the Infinite Ammo for it. Now just lots of grinding for points/cash and doing the high difficulty playthrough.

Are there any guns around the public assembly level in Mercenaries or is it strictly shotgun/handgun/grenades?

[quote name='eastshore4']Finally finished it... I was very impressed with the game, although I'm pissed that I had to play single player(my buddy would constantly talk about how he wanted to co-op and then when it finally comes out he flakes....

I dunno if it's been discussed at all and I know it's kinda out there, but does anyone else think Sheva was a "Plan B" character? I'm sure they always had co-op in mind for the game, but I'm wondering if they made some sudden tweaks and put her in due to that whole superfluous racism issue:

When she was introduced Capcom said she wasn't just thrown in to stem the criticism, but I can't help think that Jill was supposed to be the original supporting character. During that flashback to the mansion with Chris and Jill taking on wesker her look is very similar to Sheva. Her body type and clothing are very similar to the point that it almost looks like an alternate costume... not to mention they seemed to take great strides in masking Jill's face with that baseball cap, possibly becauase they had the very same facial structure. I know that's not a lot to go on, but I remember how strange it seemed when I watched the cutscene. When we finally see Jill again in her zero suit outfit it's like they intentionally went out of their way to make her look completely different from before; bleaching her hair, making her nose bigger(making her teeth...uglier), etc. almost as if to cover the initial indentical look. It also seems that a lot of scenes in the game could have functioned without her character there in that crow mask lurking around...
Another thing that's sort of nagging me is the whole thing with that girl in the red dress. Capcom went out of their way a while back to issue a screen shot with chris holding her in front of some sort of cryo chamber, but she only ends up being some random one-off chick. I remember there was talks that she was possibly sherry birkin.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Jill's animations (in mercenaries) are somewhat similar to Sheva's when she's moving around, but she has an entirely unique set of melee attacks. While I agree that having Sheva instead of Jill doesn't really add anything to the plot besides a convienient motivation for Chris, there seem to be enough resources individually focused on her to preclude any notion that she was a last minute addition. However, it's certainly plausible that they intended to use Jill at some point farther back in the development cycle.

[quote name='diddy310']Grinding to get all the weapons, did like an hour of farming Lion Hearts of 5-2 and got enough to max the M37 and the machine gun needed to unlock the bow/gatling gun. Also finished maxing out the L. Hawk today and bought the Infinite Ammo for it. Now just lots of grinding for points/cash and doing the high difficulty playthrough.

Are there any guns around the public assembly level in Mercenaries or is it strictly shotgun/handgun/grenades?[/QUOTE]

There are no guns in Mercs at all except those the character starts with.

As for money, you could just constantly restart a chapter with a decently high-value treasure right at the beginning (e.g. 5-3). Pretty boring way to do it but would be relatively quick.

[quote name='diddy310']Grinding to get all the weapons, did like an hour of farming Lion Hearts of 5-2 and got enough to max the M37 and the machine gun needed to unlock the bow/gatling gun. Also finished maxing out the L. Hawk today and bought the Infinite Ammo for it. Now just lots of grinding for points/cash and doing the high difficulty playthrough.

Are there any guns around the public assembly level in Mercenaries or is it strictly shotgun/handgun/grenades?[/QUOTE]

There are no guns in Mercs at all except those the character starts with.

As for money, you could just constantly restart a chapter with a decently high-value treasure right at the beginning (e.g. 5-3). Pretty boring way to do it but would be relatively quick.

I've been doing 5-2, the U shaped hallway with the Lickers, 5 Lion Hearts each time, and a checkpoint immediately before the room. Only takes about 2-4 minutes per pass and very small chance of dying. (just don't get into the elevator after b/c its a new checkpoint)

I've been doing the U shaped Hallway in 5-2 with about 10 Lickers which has a checkpoint immediately before it. Nets 5 Lionhearts and only takes about 2-4 minutes with almost no chance of death.

I need to play through 5-3 again a few more times though, need to get the bad blood trophy, as well as the veteran/professional. The part with the bridge/lickers is brutal,

Just finished the first three levels on Pro w/ BostonCollegeFan. We moved at a reasonably fast clip -- but that happens when one of us has an infinite ammo shotgun and other with infinite ammo magnum & rocket launcher.

Only died ~4 times the whole night, which is pretty good. I do dread, however, the later levels when bullets are added to the enemy mix. Does the bullet proof vest have any affect?

[quote name='diddy310']I've been doing the U shaped Hallway in 5-2 with about 10 Lickers which has a checkpoint immediately before it. Nets 5 Lionhearts and only takes about 2-4 minutes with almost no chance of death.

I need to play through 5-3 again a few more times though, need to get the bad blood trophy, as well as the veteran/professional. The part with the bridge/lickers is brutal,[/quote]

that method isn't a bad method (prolly the fastest), but it does get tedious (not as tedious as 3-1 though).
I like to go for trophies/bsaa emblems + money whenever I can.

Could someone give me a helpful tip on mercenaries?
I got up to 39,480 solo and whenever I pass 40,000 that damn chainsaw gets me from behind (first hit to put me on critical, and second to finish the job).

I wonder if versus would have universal appeal...but I think it won't have that lasting appeal as call of duty. Any idea on when it will be released for state side (April 9th?)

[quote name='enufs8d']got internet back... hopes it stays on.[/QUOTE]

internet works. unfortunately found out that my wireless doesnt. still psn-less.

Finally finished the story mode (single player w/AI the whole time). I had enough points to get inf. ammo for one of the magnums, but I think I'll put the game down for a while. The last few chapters are really meant for co-op (too frustrating), and unless my brother wants to go through it, I don't think I'll play it again. The only other weapon I'd consider upgrading to infinite would be one of the sniper rifles, as they're essential to the last few chapters. And maybe the Hydra, or JailBreaker...

As for farming for ammo/money, I tried it a bit, and I just got bored. I ended up duplicating some rotten eggs. While that in itself is monotonous, at least I'm not running the same portions of the game to get what I need.

[quote name='dragonjud']Finally finished the story mode (single player w/AI the whole time). I had enough points to get inf. ammo for one of the magnums, but I think I'll put the game down for a while. The last few chapters are really meant for co-op (too frustrating), and unless my brother wants to go through it, I don't think I'll play it again. The only other weapon I'd consider upgrading to infinite would be one of the sniper rifles, as they're essential to the last few chapters. And maybe the Hydra, or JailBreaker...

As for farming for ammo/money, I tried it a bit, and I just got bored. I ended up duplicating some rotten eggs. While that in itself is monotonous, at least I'm not running the same portions of the game to get what I need.[/quote]

I think you can swap the eggs in the pre-level inventory screen, and disconnect then. It is probably a lot faster than the way we did it last night. Might cut some of the drag out out of.

[quote name='lokizz']whats the big deal about rotten egss? you all are just selling them right or are they used for something else?[/quote]
Aside from being needed for two trophies, they go for 2k each, so people like to item dupe it as a shortcut to farming money.

i pre order the game, i just opened it yeasterday, and this 'kid' was there and he grabs the Chris Redfield figure, and starts scratching it and the breaks the handgun. I wanted to scream at him so bad. When i heard the handgun hitting the floor, i just stared at him, and said: "yeah thanks for breaking my sutff" and he replied: "it broke?" he looks at the floor and starts loking for the piece. i was just thinking how retarde he is, he didnt even noticed he broke it, or heard the handgun hitting the floor. i mean he was holding it in one hand like 4 inches away from his head, and his other hand was scratching the handgun. How can you not notice.
Anyway, i started playing, and got past 2-2, i tried to kill the worm guy, dont remeber the name, used all my ammo, granades, i even used the knife and didnt killed him. had to use the furnace.And the other bat boss was hard to kill, used almost all my ammo again there. So far i like it. Hope the DLC is great.

[quote name='lokizz']whats the big deal about rotten egss? you all are just selling them right or are they used for something else?[/quote]

The way that items are handled (in particular these rotten eggs) allows you to save them after you receive them from someone else.

So, I hand you 45 eggs while playing co-op, and quit (don't save). You quit, and save after receiving them from me. I keep the 45 I had, and you keep the 45 you just received. We then keep exchanging them back and forth using the same method until we have enough funds to max out all the guns in the game. Each egg sells for 2K.

I have enough for anyone that's interested. I'll give you 45 and you can find another friend to duplicate them with you, as that just takes a bit too long for me. In about 40 minutes you should have all the money you should ever need.

People say it's cheating, but I'd rather spend an hour doing this, than spend hours upon hours killing the same enemies to only get a fraction of what this method accomplishes.

Yay nice match Phoenix. I just got unlimited for the Jailbreaker now too so i'll actually have a good shotgun with unlimited, just need to get the points to buy it now.

Also the new system update is up!

Wow that egg trick is pretty cool. I spent 3 hours in the licker hallway in 5-2 collecting Lion Hearts to get the cash.

ill be happy to take you on up on your (dragonjug) or anyone else's offer... if only i can fix my damn internet. its almost a week now.

anyone know of a easy way to get that emblem in 3-2? you know, the one on the backside of the lone island hut. i saw a youtube video where the driver swaps places with the passenger. then he/she gets it. but you cant swap places in non coop.

[quote name='enufs8d']ill be happy to take you on up on your (dragonjug) or anyone else's offer... if only i can fix my damn internet. its almost a week now.

anyone know of a easy way to get that emblem in 3-2? you know, the one on the backside of the lone island hut. i saw a youtube video where the driver swaps places with the passenger. then he/she gets it. but you cant swap places in non coop.[/quote]

There is a dip in the ground on the island next to the dock- you can walk down to the water (a boat maybe), anyway, you can hit it from there if you have to.

You mean exchange points? You get those everytime you clear a chapter. If you have infinite ammo and don't completely suck at QTE's, you can do 6-2 on pro for an easy 2k per completion, just make sure to kill at least I think 20-25 enemies for an A rank (those little blobs the boss shoots out count).

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You mean exchange points? You get those everytime you clear a chapter. If you have infinite ammo and don't completely suck at QTE's, you can do 6-2 on pro for an easy 2k per completion, just make sure to kill at least I think 20-25 enemies for an A rank (those little blobs the boss shoots out count).[/quote]

Chapter 1-2 is extremely easy as well (without inf ammo). Just bring a shotgun for the enemies, and a rocket launcher (free from 3-1). The boss dies from a single rocket launcher shot on any difficulty (easy 2K points everytime.)

[quote name='dragonjud']Chapter 1-2 is extremely easy as well (without inf ammo). Just bring a shotgun for the enemies, and a rocket launcher (free from 3-1). The boss dies from a single rocket launcher shot on any difficulty (easy 2K points everytime.)[/quote]
Yea but you can complete 6-2 in around 3-4 minutes if you blaze through it. No other chapter can really be completed that easily and quickly on pro.

bread's done
Back