Resident Evil 5 - Out Now - 2/17: Lost in Nightmares DLC arriving on 2/18 for $4.99

Me and Phoenix did the 2-3 fight tonight and it took us like 13 tries to do it. The best way to do it is to get someone on the internet to help you with it, as the AI is too dumb to realize there's a molotov guy that can kill you in two hits.

[quote name='diddy310']SuperPhillip, I died about 25 times against him on Professional, it does seem like at some points you won't be able to hit the QTE prompts, they just blink and disappear instantly sometimes.[/quote]
I had this problem as well, and thinking it was the difficulty doing this I would curse occasionally at the screen. Then I figured out that it would flash only momentarily sometimes because i was tapping the fire button when the QTE appeared which caused it to do that. So every time the QTE popped up I would stop shooting or hold it down while I hit the right QTE button. After that, I never had a problem with it.

yeah can someone let me borrow some rotten eggs as well? I dont' feel like doing the grind now to max out all my weapons.

got 7 more trophies to get

1. platinum
2. lead aspirin - just gotta sit down on 3-2 in the beginning and get it.
3. max out all the weapons
4. get all emblems
5. get all outfits
6. get all figurines
7. beat it on professional

ahhh the point when you think to yourself do i really need to play this game anymore or have I fully gotten my money's worth?

I was feeling that way at that point as well (actually was down to the same trophies at the end too). The lure of my first platinum trophy got me to go through it (with the AI the whole time no less)

[quote name='enufs8d']phoenix - can i "borrow" some eggs when i get my damn internet connection to ps3 back up? lol[/QUOTE]

If I had any more rotten eggs, I definitely would. But I ended up selling them all without thinking to save at least any. :whistle2:( Sorry!

i have 3 rotten eggs, and finally found a golden one. im up for some trading. tho its going to take a while to get all the ones we need.

[quote name='diddy310']Just got the platinum tonight, not sure how many hours total into the game, but probably over 30. Exactly 1900 Majini killed. The 5-3 elevator was probably the worst part of the game, AI Sheva would not heal me in that room, at all, she had all first aid sprays and 1 gun. Ndesu was also a huge pain in the ass. I don't see how someone could get through it without having at least a shotgun with infinite ammo.

SuperPhillip, I died about 25 times against him on Professional, it does seem like at some points you won't be able to hit the QTE prompts, they just blink and disappear instantly sometimes. I finally got a good combination of him going after the rocks/electric poles, and the Majini not spawning every 10 seconds to beat him.[/quote]

you have to look for the signals as far as what shes about to do. he pulls his arm back a certain way when hes abut to do the qte punch when you see himdoing it stop shooting so you can see it and then do it. also when ti comes to shooting the bow guys and the fire bomber in between shooting the monster if you stun it ( where it kinda lurches back a bit )hurry and shoot the other enemies on the screen.

its mainly the qte punch and those damn long range attackers that make that hard to do. took me 5 deaths on professional. dont forget to use the exploding barrels to your advantage too.

For us it was the grab/run at you because the game would randomly throw them in when you can't block it. The QTE punch I think is the easiest and best part of it because it's always Square or Circle, and it allows you to cool down the gun, wheres all the other attacks don't.

If anyone wants to do a platinum run let me know though.

I've got 499 rotten eggs left over after buying/upgrading everything, I'll be happy to dupe them to whoever needs them. Just send me a message/friend request.

Have about 18 emblems left to get and around 9 treasures to find. Also need to go through Veteran and/or Professional so if anyone wants to co-op, send me a request. Right now, I have infinite ammo on the M92F, M3, L. Hawk, and rocket launcher.

[quote name='GenDV138']I've got 499 rotten eggs left over after buying/upgrading everything, I'll be happy to dupe them to whoever needs them. Just send me a message/friend request.

Have about 18 emblems left to get and around 9 treasures to find. Also need to go through Veteran and/or Professional so if anyone wants to co-op, send me a request. Right now, I have infinite ammo on the M92F, M3, L. Hawk, and rocket launcher.[/quote]
i would like the rotten eggs in exchange of emblems.lol
i'm going to add you later tonight and help you with the emblems.
and ill add you too bostoncollegefan.
thanks

[quote name='Tavohl']i would like the rotten eggs in exchange of emblems.lol
i'm going to add you later tonight and help you with the emblems.
and ill add you too bostoncollegefan.
thanks[/quote]

Sounds good, won't be home until 12:30-1 AM ET after I get off work, same for Friday/Saturday, but I usually get on around then. Will be free almost anytime Sunday through Tuesday also.

I need 5 more trophies. I need to beat veteran/professional, the two weapons trophies, and I need to A/S all the levels for the figures trophies. If anyone wants to help out, let me know or send me a friend request (but be sure to mention RE5 or CAG).

hey gendv: i will hit you up later for the egg trick. If I did my math correctly all I need is to do the trick twice and I should be ok. 3 times at the worst.

@boston hit me up so we can play through professional. I am already up to 2-2 on my run through.

Question why is it when you give the crossbow to sheva she will not use it?

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Question why is it when you give the crossbow to sheva she will not use it?[/quote]

Set her on "Attack".

For the Lead Aspirin achievement, just go to Public Assembly in Mercs. Use Chris (BSAA) and get on the bus. Aim high with the shotgun.

[quote name='Bavgate']Set her on "Attack".

For the Lead Aspirin achievement, just go to Public Assembly in Mercs. Use Chris (BSAA) and get on the bus. Aim high with the shotgun.[/quote]
o yeah, she owns. i was trying to get the cattle prod trophy in 1-1 amateur and she kept killing everyone. i think she likes headshots.

AI Sheva is ridiculous with the Magnum as well, the only time i noticed her missing at all was on the 5-3 rotating elevator. If you want her to use the longbow, its best to have that be her only weapon, although I gave her the M37 maxed out as well and she'd switch off once in a while.

Having a real tough time figuring out which version to get but I figure even though the ps3 has some odd graphical differences and the annoying install, I spend more time on PSN and I might not renew xbox live. That decision was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.

[quote name='kube00']Anyone wanna play for a bit? I'm not very far into the game and I have a headset.[/quote]
Add me to your friends list and we will play some time.

Kenpachi- Sorry about dying over and over. I don't know if it's professional, or lag- but it was taking me 2-3 seconds for rounds to start coming out of my gun and it was confusing the heck out of me.

[quote name='nbballard']Kenpachi- Sorry about dying over and over. I don't know if it's professional, or lag- but it was taking me 2-3 seconds for rounds to start coming out of my gun and it was confusing the heck out of me.[/quote]

its cool man. it was professional. plus my gun kept overheating at the worst times. I hate that ndesu with a passion and on professional it is even worse.

Thanks GenDV138, i got some eggs, if any one wants to duplicate them.
And theres a new mini game in the resident evil home space, where u have to find insects, i've only found 2.

[quote name='nbballard']Kenpachi- Sorry about dying over and over. I don't know if it's professional, or lag- but it was taking me 2-3 seconds for rounds to start coming out of my gun and it was confusing the heck out of me.[/quote]
You must have been using Sheva right? Just tap the fire button to keep the barrel spinning so when you need to shoot you can avoid the startup.

[quote name='Tavohl']Thanks GenDV138, i got some eggs, if any one wants to duplicate them.
And theres a new mini game in the resident evil home space, where u have to find insects, i've only found 2.[/quote]

I'll dupe them with you.

pro mode is definelty the way to play the game. did that water boss battle and this time it was a serious challenge since i couldnt get hit once.

If any of you are serious about knocking down some S ranks in Pro mode, add me. PSN : AtTheGates911. I have a few more to get.

I've helped about 5 people get through the Ndesu fight with S ranks (Takes about 6 minutes to play the level.).

Aside from the Ndesu insanity, I felt like the hardest boss in all difficulties was the 5-2 Oroborous, at least it always seemed to take me the most time. I actually really liked it because its a big throwback to old Resident Evil bosses, the original Tyrant, Nemesis, William G3/4. Just you, him and a simple room.

so 5 trophies left

1. platinum
2. professional (10 boards left) skipped 2-3
3. all figures ( gotta do 4 more boards to get s ranks
4. upgrade all weapons - 7 left
5. lead aspirin.

i need to put this game away fast because it seems like everyone has evolved in street fighter 4 except me and DK can't have this. lol

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']i need to put this game away fast because it seems like everyone has evolved in street fighter 4 except me and DK can't have this. lol[/quote]
Haha, I felt the same way which is why I just blazed through it.

Just got this game, have to say the demo didn't win me over. I am liking the game so far, any suggestions on what weapon to upgrade first?

Either the pistol you start with or the first rifle you get (the bolt action). Shotguns are only really needed to knock shit down and machine guns are ammo hogs.

hold off on upgrading some weapons for a while. especially the rifle. waited till i could get the best one and then started upgrading it. its a damn beast when you get it fully charged. same for the second shotgun i dont get why people like the hydra so much that one shotgun is way stronger than it is. it takes alot of money to get them juiced up though but its worth it for the right ones especially if you plan on playing pro mode. i finally beat that this past week mainly becaise i maxed out that one magnum.

[quote name='MiniB0ssBattle']Just got this game, have to say the demo didn't win me over. I am liking the game so far, any suggestions on what weapon to upgrade first?[/quote]

I suggest you honestly upgrade the first kind of weapon you get for each group first.(this way once you max it you unlock the other weapon and make getting the trophy easier without having to use the dupe trick)

[quote name='Magus8472']Either the pistol you start with or the first rifle you get (the bolt action). Shotguns are only really needed to knock shit down and machine guns are ammo hogs.[/quote]

ewww i hate the first rifle, no scope and you gotta reload after every shot. the dragonov is the best but it moves a lot, though now i use the last one on my professional run because it has the best scope of the 3.

[quote name='lokizz']hold off on upgrading some weapons for a while. especially the rifle. waited till i could get the best one and then started upgrading it. its a damn beast when you get it fully charged. same for the second shotgun i dont get why people like the hydra so much that one shotgun is way stronger than it is. it takes alot of money to get them juiced up though but its worth it for the right ones especially if you plan on playing pro mode. i finally beat that this past week mainly becaise i maxed out that one magnum.[/quote]

I like the M3 as well I have infinite ammo on that and I let sheva run around and use it. they just like the hydra because it has 3 barrels. I use the first magnum on inifinite. least kickback and you can fire off shots rather quickly. though I am almost there to unlocking infinite on the handcannon just need to finish 1 more board on pro with an s ranking.

ok final things to do in this game before i put it away for a while

1. finish 2-3, and 5-2 to 6-3 on pro (i realize that i will have to do like other peopel said and just give sheva healing items so i can finish these boards.)
2. lead aspirin trophy
3. get an s ranking on 6-3

finishing those will get me my first platinum

and for the icing

finish chapter 6 in under 1 hour 40 minutes to get the infinite rocket launcher

I truly feel like I got the full value of my dollar for this game.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']ewww i hate the first rifle, no scope and you gotta reload after every shot. the dragonov is the best but it moves a lot, though now i use the last one on my professional run because it has the best scope of the 3.[/QUOTE]

The bolt action is the only one which kills most things in one hit with a body shot. And scope magnification is never really an issue. Plus it saves you from having to spend an inventory slot on rifle ammo.

1. finish 2-3, and 5-2 to 6-3 on pro (i realize that i will have to do like other peopel said and just give sheva healing items so i can finish these boards.)
2. lead aspirin trophy

The only thing substantively different about 6-3 on pro is that
you only get one rocket in the first Wesker fight.

@Magus8472

true but I just like the longer range plus it has been useful in helping my best friend get all of his 30 emblems. I also got it on infinite ammo as well so no inventory spots for me. me and sheva each carry a sniper rifle,both vests, and I have a magnum and sheva has the m3 all with infinite ammo. it helps so much on pro. and once i get about 2200 more bp sheva will have her own inf. magnum as well. :) (I really played the heck out of this game)

ouch that will suck but in the end it is still doable long as he is not tossing rockets around like pebbles. lol

[quote name='Magus8472']The bolt action is the only one which kills most things in one hit with a body shot. And scope magnification is never really an issue. Plus it saves you from having to spend an inventory slot on rifle ammo.

The only thing substantively different about 6-3 on pro is that
you only get one rocket in the first Wesker fight.
[/quote]
but u can bring your own rocket launcher.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I suggest you honestly upgrade the first kind of weapon you get for each group first.(this way once you max it you unlock the other weapon and make getting the trophy easier without having to use the dupe trick)

ewww i hate the first rifle, no scope and you gotta reload after every shot. the dragonov is the best but it moves a lot, though now i use the last one on my professional run because it has the best scope of the 3.

I like the M3 as well I have infinite ammo on that and I let sheva run around and use it. they just like the hydra because it has 3 barrels. I use the first magnum on inifinite. least kickback and you can fire off shots rather quickly. though I am almost there to unlocking infinite on the handcannon just need to finish 1 more board on pro with an s ranking.

ok final things to do in this game before i put it away for a while

2. lead aspirin trophy

finishing those will get me my first platinum

and for the icing

finish chapter 6 in under 1 hour 40 minutes to get the infinite rocket launcher

I truly feel like I got the full value of my dollar for this game.[/quote]

the hand cannon cuts down the time it takes to beat that final uruburos ( i dunno if i spelled that right) boss on that ship.

So the multiplayer on the disc isn't available till you pay them 5 bucks?
lol
Can you actually move while shooting in multiplayer?

[quote name='Magus8472']But where's the fun in that? :)[/quote]
lol. i suppose if you are looking for fun, you can try the light rod,lol. one for sheva and *one* for chris on multiplayer.
*edit

I was playing last night and I finally unlocked the unlimited rocket launcher. It helps so much on the 6-3 wesker boss fight. (especially on pro)

ok last things I have to do.

1. finish 2-3, 5-3(stuck at the wesker and jill fight), 6-1 on professional
*not worried about 6-1, but that ndesu fight and the wesker and jill fights are downright silly for no reason on professional*
2. finish 6-3 with an S rank
3. lead aspirin

that is all that is standing between me and my platinum and getting on with my video game life.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']
1. finish 2-3, 5-3(stuck at the wesker and jill fight), 6-1 on professional
*not worried about 6-1, but that ndesu fight and the wesker and jill fights are downright silly for no reason on professional*
[/quote]

The ndesu fight is easy with the computer. My friend and I were stuck on it for about an hour before we decided to skip it. The next day we both went back to it seperately and managed to knock it out within a few tries.

[quote name='HuppSav']So the multiplayer on the disc isn't available till you pay them 5 bucks?
lol
Can you actually move while shooting in multiplayer?[/quote]

It's not on the disc. The 2mb download contains an extra music loop and some coding, but those aren't on the disc itself. The extra game modes use resources on the disc (Mercs data, mostly), so it doesn't need to download any more. Also, Mercs is multiplayer online also... just not competitive. And that's free.

And no. You cannot move and shoot in multiplayer.

I will say that I enjoy Versus a lot more than I was expecting to. I figured it would be crap, but it plays a lot differently (and should) than traditional competitive shooters.

bread's done
Back