Resident Evil 5 PS3/360 $56.99 Amazon

Definitely a game I'm going to buy. I'm always tempted to pre-order games but then the price drops to 49.99 a few weeks after a game comes out and I regret it. I'll have to resist temptation for now but this is my all time favorite series.

[quote name='bigwoof']the new gameplay videos are really turning me off.
dont have much hope for this game sadly[/QUOTE]

PLAY the demo.

i had no hope for RE5 but the demo makes me feel relieved that the game feels exactly like a combination of army of two and RE4, and that's a really good thing. Just enough to say thank god the RE4 I love was in there, and enough to say theres something new here worth not being called a shoe in.

It takes a little bit to adapt to the new way this game is played But the demo definitely installed hype in me when I had none.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']PLAY the demo.

i had no hope for RE5 but the demo makes me feel relieved that the game feels exactly like a combination of army of two and RE4, and that's a really good thing. Just enough to say thank god the RE4 I love was in there, and enough to say theres something new here worth not being called a shoe in.

It takes a little bit to adapt to the new way this game is played But the demo definitely installed hype in me when I had none.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I wasn't turned on much by the gameplay videos, but the demo was fun. Doesn't have the same "wow" factor as Resident Evil 4, but still a fun game.

My only concern is that it loses the RE4 "feel". It was scary, thrilling, and NOT like Gears of War. Somehow, the new controls and gigantic open world that isn't dark or scary don't make me jump up and down in joy....i also wana know what's in the CE ;).

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Is the demo up on xbox live & psn or something?[/QUOTE]

It's on the JP 360 store, but it's a pain in the ass to get =/

[quote name='seanxd']what's the JP 360 store? and if you don't mind can you give me a brief summary of the procedure?[/quote]

Xbox Live Store for Japan. You probably need to change your region in order to access it.

[quote name='seanxd']what's the JP 360 store? and if you don't mind can you give me a brief summary of the procedure?[/QUOTE]

The demo can be downloaded, burned to a CD-R and played on your 360. I've had it for the past few days and the game is fantastic! Bravo Capcom! :applause:

Actually the demo is really easy to get. You can get it going in maybe 10 more minutes in time then to download the demo directly to your 360 off the marketplace. Just use a bittorent search and search for RE5, and burn the data to any blank disc. Make sure you use nero and burn it as a data burn otherwise the 360 doesn't pick it up.

[quote name='kube00']Anyone know what the CE edition comes with?[/QUOTE]

utility belt, really cool looking thumbdrive, and a book of pictures I believe. Really expensive!!!

[quote name='edson13']utility belt, really cool looking thumbdrive, and a book of pictures I believe. Really expensive!!![/quote]That's the Japanse CE. I haven't yet seen a site that shows what we're getting in the states in the CE.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']PLAY the demo.

It takes a little bit to adapt to the new way this game is played But the demo definitely installed hype in me when I had none.[/quote]

i hated the demo personally, so much that I might be canceling my pre-order for the CE and I have it paid off completely. I loved RE4 to death but this one just don't seem the same to me at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']i hated the demo personally, so much that I might be canceling my pre-order for the CE and I have it paid off completely. I loved RE4 to death but this one just don't seem the same to me at all.[/QUOTE]

That's what i'm afraid of. Why do people always gotta go around ruining things? :cry:

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Is the demo up on xbox live & psn or something?[/QUOTE]

The demo is on the Japan Xbox Live Marketplace. Right after it released, people from the US and other places were able to download it by making a Japanese Xbox Live account. Soon after it released, they set the demo to only play on Japanese Xbox 360 consoles. So there's not much chance of getting to play it now unless you live in Japan; and If you live in Japan, you probably already know about it.

I got a chance to play it right after it released (And I mean literally an hour after it was up on the Japanese marketplace). And as much fun as it looked from videos, it really didn't seem like anything new after getting to play it. The gameplay seemed exactly the same as RE4 and as good as this is, it wasn't anything new and there was no new originality. I just hope Capcom adds something else to keep the game fresh.

[quote name='Megalith']I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to suck balls, since Mikami wasn't involved.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Mikami actually said and I quote:

"it's not going to be the game I would have made."

When the creator of this game goes and says something like that, you can know somethings not going how it should be. They've strayed so far from the original games that they are more 'action/thriller' now then 'horror'.

Resident Evil creator Mikami won't play RE5

The CE for RE5 on amazon is $90 but I have seen it drop to $80 (thats what my preorder is at). I know if they haven't announced whats in it but if you are interested keep an eye out and if it turns out to suck just cancel your order.

[quote name='kobeisgod']Definitely a game I'm going to buy. I'm always tempted to pre-order games but then the price drops to 49.99 a few weeks after a game comes out and I regret it. I'll have to resist temptation for now but this is my all time favorite series.[/quote]

Yeah usually a couple weeks after release you start seeing some great deals. I rarely pre-order games because of that.

I assume the CE will have a metal case, and then a small handful of poorly produced making-of videos, Perhaps a hackneyed history of resident evil 9 minute doc.

If all the CE is a case and soundtrack, move along. As another poster said, if they release date guarantee this, it'll be something I order because RE5 will be worth every penny to play it on launch day. Still hoping that we get some amazing extras with that costly CE, so I'm not sure yet which version I'll get.

[quote name='J7.']I'm really hoping the CE has Degeneration included, that's the only way I'd pay the extra for it.[/QUOTE]

Uggg trust me, no you dont! Degeneration was horrible. Would be better if it was like someone else said the SF IV where it comes with a figure and some nice extras.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Uggg trust me, no you dont! Degeneration was horrible. Would be better if it was like someone else said the SF IV where it comes with a figure and some nice extras.[/QUOTE]

I second that.

[quote name='PenDynasty']If you don't have a friend to play with, this is a rent. There's so much focus on the co-op in the demo, it's almost pointless by yourself.

It's fun devising a strategy of how to pull off taking out everyone with limited ammo but it doesn't warrant a buy from me.

Demo instructions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvtbHT7Nb7M[/QUOTE]

The co op thing has been my biggest worry about this game from the moment it was announced. I freaking hate playing co op with most people and the A.I is usually annoying even when its done well. I am a loner in video games so I wasnt happy to hear this.

i obviously haven't played RE5 (except the demo) but to me it seems like Dead Space is more along the lines of what RE5 should have been like.

[quote name='kidrocklive']i obviously haven't played RE5 (except the demo) but to me it seems like Dead Space is more along the lines of what RE5 should have been like.[/quote]

This. But harder. Dead Space is insanely fun, but it's relatively easy. They dropped the bomb on this one.

[quote name='PenDynasty']This. But harder. Dead Space is insanely fun, but it's relatively easy. They dropped the bomb on this one.[/QUOTE]

See and I played the demo and where I found RE4 insanly easy I found Dead Space frustratingly hard. Those stupid little bugger sized bugs/alien things kept ripping me to shreds when I killed him.

[quote name='MSI Magus']See and I played the demo and where I found RE4 insanly easy I found Dead Space frustratingly hard. Those stupid little bugger sized bugs/alien things kept ripping me to shreds when I killed him.[/quote]

Just use the alt-fire of the Contact beam when they get close and it will kill them all. You just have to learn when to fire before they start to jump on you.

RE4...I loved to death and played countless hours and all three releases of it. My least favorite parts were the parts with Ashley. If RE5 is like that except this time your partner is an ammo vacuum and always with you, I may have to pass. The demo didn't have any partner AI settings which would be a requirement for me, especially since I've never played a game in my life with good team mate AI.

[quote name='Burningsoul9152']Just use the alt-fire of the Contact beam when they get close and it will kill them all. You just have to learn when to fire before they start to jump on you.

RE4...I loved to death and played countless hours and all three releases of it. My least favorite parts were the parts with Ashley. If RE5 is like that except this time your partner is an ammo vacuum and always with you, I may have to pass. The demo didn't have any partner AI settings which would be a requirement for me, especially since I've never played a game in my life with good team mate AI.[/QUOTE]

Ya I am right there with you. Half the time I would rather kill my damn partner off and play the rest of a game handicapped then be saddlebagged with a crappy partner.

[quote name='PenDynasty']This. But harder. Dead Space is insanely fun, but it's relatively easy. They dropped the bomb on this one.[/quote]

Parts of it were hard for me but yeah I didn't have a whole lot of trouble with it though. I like the game enough to beat it 3 times to get all the achievements for it, which is a big deal for me. Normally when I beat a game I don't play through it again. I look forward to the next Dead Space game a lot. I do hope it gets more challenging though.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Uggg trust me, no you dont! Degeneration was horrible. Would be better if it was like someone else said the SF IV where it comes with a figure and some nice extras.[/QUOTE]

You realize SF IV CE comes with an animated movie right?

[quote name='the_punisher']My only concern is that it loses the RE4 "feel". It was scary, thrilling, and NOT like Gears of War. Somehow, the new controls and gigantic open world that isn't dark or scary don't make me jump up and down in joy....i also wana know what's in the CE ;).[/quote]

Have you tried it out yet? It definitely does NOT have a Gears of War feeling. I've played RE4 and RE5 demo and they feel alike, which is why I do not like it haha. I was hoping RE5 would play more like GoW but it doesn't so I'm probably not going to get it. This is probably opposite of what most are thinking which is a good thing for the fans of RE.

damn maybe thats why they wont let ps3 owners play the demo. if what that guy said about it not being the game he would have made is true then they could be worried that more people playing the demo might hurt sales if its just more of the same.in the end most people will buy it but the quality of the game could cause it to go from a must buy first day game to wait till it drops buy.

Anyone think we'll get something similar to the Japanese CE with the cool little USB drive and the satchel type thing that came in a big box? I suppose it's more elaborate and might not sell as well here. Either way, I'm still on the fence ... I miss the actual RE series, ya know, back when it was actually in Racoon City and had real zombies ... still holding out for a RE 2 re-imagining.

bread's done
Back