Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Should I buy the 2-3 years warranty?[/quote]
Yes, I'd recommend it. I don't know how reliable jaspers are (they haven't been out on the market that long) but most 360s start dying after 2-3 years, and going through Microsoft's tech support is hellish.. you'll probably end up with a broken down refurb.

[quote name='sunghost']Yes, I'd recommend it. I don't know how reliable jaspers are (they haven't been out on the market that long) but most 360s start dying after 2-3 years, and going through Microsoft's tech support is hellish.. you'll probably end up with a broken down refurb.[/quote]
Thanks, I'll get the 3 yrs warranty though.

Definitely not a bad deal for someone looking to pick up a 360, but the color... oh god, the color.

Note to Microsoft: When marketing theme-specific game consoles, do try to make them visually appealing. The whole, "it's evil because it's red" thing is not cutting it.

And imagine getting the RROD on this thing. It would be like a double bitch-slap in the face.

What day are these going to be realesed? I don't get paid again until the 9th and that'll be when I can afford it. :X

And Amazon doesn't charge shipping or tax? o_O

Damn Microsoft for not advertising this deal sooner, cuz I jumped on the dell deal 2 weeks ago and got the elite there, blah! I WANT THE RED ONE!!!!! So many goodies include, and much better games then the crappy childish games they included in the holiday bundle.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']In for 1. My 20gb HDD just isn't cutting it anymore, plus Jasper, plus I get a game I was buying anyway... deal for me.

Edit: I

You know, after reading posts of people being so excited about a Red 360 is interesting. It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lisa created Lionheart Lisa to compete against Malibu Stacy. The Malibu Stacy executive team stayed up all night for a way to market against the new Lionheart Lisa doll. Than there was the scene where Smithers and others where all outside a toy store waiting for the Lionheart Lisa doll and when the toy store opened, everybody rushed towards the Lisa dolls as an employee was wheeling a display of Malibu Stacy with a new hat. Everybody quit running for the Lionheart Lisa doll and got the exact same Malibu Stacy with a new hat. For some reason, this thread strongly reminds me of that Simpsons episode....

Its a good deal if you do not own a 360 or looking to get another, but to get it for the color?

[quote name='LiquorLicks']Damn Microsoft for not advertising this deal sooner, cuz I jumped on the dell deal 2 weeks ago and got the elite there, blah! I WANT THE RED ONE!!!!! So many goodies include, and much better games then the crappy childish games they included in the holiday bundle.[/quote]

I'm definitely on the same boat with you on that one. Lego Indiana Jones and Kung fu Panda have nothing against RE5. Oh wellll...

I'd have to say you're crazy if you would get this 360 for the shade of red it is alone ;)
Good thing it has other redeeming qualities.

[quote name='Davestation']You know, after reading posts of people being so excited about a Red 360 is interesting. It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lisa created Lionheart Lisa to compete against Malibu Stacy. The Malibu Stacy executive team stayed up all night for a way to market against the new Lionheart Lisa doll. Than there was the scene where Smithers and others where all outside a toy store waiting for the Lionheart Lisa doll and when the toy store opened, everybody rushed towards the Lisa dolls as an employee was wheeling a display of Malibu Stacy with a new hat. Everybody quit running for the Lionheart Lisa doll and got the exact same Malibu Stacy with a new hat. For some reason, this thread strongly reminds me of that Simpsons episode....

Its a good deal if you do not own a 360 or looking to get another, but to get it for the color?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know exactly what you're talking about, and even had that part of the show in my head when you started your post.

I love this deal simply because I can just return the xbox I am getting out of layaway and turn around with that money and buy this.

Assuming that amazon is free shipping and tax free. >.> No one has said anything yet.

*confused*

I just don't get the appeal to different colors for gaming consoles. I want it to disappear in my entertainment center not stand out.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Mine said the 18th but I have Prime anyway.[/quote]

Unfortunately, mine also has delivery scheduled for the 18th; even with two-day shipping through Prime. Hopefully it moves up a couple of days.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I just don't get the appeal to different colors for gaming consoles. I want it to disappear in my entertainment center not stand out.[/QUOTE]

I think it just looks really neat. :D

I would buy, but i've already got my RE5 CE payed off.... damn it. I would get my money back if only they offered the RE5 CE with it... Colors pretty sexy. Id have a red 360, black ps3, and a white wii.

[quote name='Mako1215']I would buy, but i've already got my RE5 CE payed off.... damn it. I would get my money back if only they offered the RE5 CE with it... Colors pretty sexy. Id have a red 360, black ps3, and a white wii.[/QUOTE]

Be proud of the all mighty country of Yemen!

ym-lgflag.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe I'll pre order one at gamestop ... you know incase demand is higher then the supply :D

Plus it's pretty so I might just have to sell my old one haha

[quote name='Megalith']Should have been piano black with a patch of whatever team Chris is with now (B.I.C.E.P.S.?).[/QUOTE]

Is that what it is? I thought he had joined the S.T.E.R.O.I.D.S. group. :rofl:

Crap I just ordered the Sams deal a couple of days ago. The were giving you a free $50 GC with an Elite purchase. The one I have now has the RRoD, which is my 3rd system. Only good thing is Sams lets you return the busted 360 back to them for a full refund. I've had to return 2 RRoD 360 Elites back to Sams in the last 1.5 yrs. I got the bundle with IJ's and KFP for $399 w/ the $50 GC and I'm returning a $450 bundle I bought over the summer. I'm debating returning the one I just ordered since it shipped today and my busted one and just get the one at Amazon.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Crap I just ordered the Sams deal a couple of days ago. The were giving you a free $50 GC with an Elite purchase. The one I have now has the RRoD, which is my 3rd system. Only good thing is Sams lets you return the busted 360 back to them for a full refund. I got the bundle with IJ's and KFP for $399 w/ the $50 GC and I'm returning a $450 bundle I bought over the summer. I'm debating returning the one I just ordered since it shipped today and my busted one and just get the one at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Do it, this is a sweet deal if you're in the market for a 360.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Hmmm, I wonder if Indiana is one of those states that doesn't..[/QUOTE]

Indiana is no tax.

It sucks I get charged on tax everywhere I order. I think my GS is doing a midnight release for RE5. I hope this comes in at the sametime. Also I'm just going to get mine from GS since I have to pay tax I might as well get it immediately at a store. Funny thing is I can pay off half of this system with throw away games using the tiered promo.

Anyone know if this console will be hard to find? Was the Halo edition readily available? "Ships 3.13.09" sounds suspiciously like "will not be in store on 3.13.09."

2 Questions - Does anyone know roughly what an arcade 360 trades in for at Gamestop?

2. If I want the warranty where I can return it if it breaks, does Best Buy still offer that option and does Gamestop offer it as well? I've gone through 3 xboxes and never got the extended warranty so it's always been a real pain to ship it and get a refurb back.

Thanks for the info!

What will be the resell value on this item? or will it tank like the Halo 3 edition?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great deal if you factor in the two games which would cost you $120 alone,plus the theme prob like another $5 bucks, plus the limited edition, so if you are in the market to buy either RE5 and SFHD and want to be unique, go for it!!!! So basically if you were already getting those two games your only $280 for a brand new limited rare edition xbox elite!

[quote name='etcrane']2 Questions - Does anyone know roughly what an arcade 360 trades in for at Gamestop?

Thanks for the info![/quote]

Craigslist or Ebay, don't throw away your money at GS. You could probably get $125 on craigs or ebay, you will get nowhere near that at EB.

I was going to get the 120GB hard drive but I am just going to order this one. I will put the old 360 on Craigs at $200, sell RE5 for $45 after beating it. So this will end up costing me $155 which is a much better deal than just getting the larger HD for $120, now I get a new console. Will probably end up painting a big Umbrella symbol on top.

[quote name='eyeseller']What will be the resell value on this item? or will it tank like the Halo 3 edition?[/QUOTE]

I never understood why Microsoft didn't bundle the game with the Halo 3 system. If the Halo 3 bundle had included the game, I bet you wouldn't have seen as many of those systems sitting around.

bread's done
Back