Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Logical Dolphin']What store did you buy yours from?

I know Best Buy doesn't even sell in-store warrenty exchanges anymore, they make you send it off to one of their repair centers for service.[/quote]

Where did you hear that? I'm not saying you're wrong, but is there any information about that listed officially anywhere? I bought my arcade jasper from best buy back in december and was told I could exchange it in-store with their warranty..

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']WHAT THE fuck MAN!!!

I got my console yesterday, opened it up took out the game from the cardboard and I noticed some green plastic pieces inside- I looked on the top and a whole piece of the case was cracked!!! My game case got fucking CRUSHED. Can I get a new case from amazon? Will they shipped me an unbroken one?[/quote]

Yeah, I hear those green limited edition Resident Evil Xbox 360s are liable to breaking.

Seriously. You're annoying.

He said the game case....

This reminds me of when I got my limited green Halo Xbox (1) system, the game case came crushed with little green pieces all over the inside of the box. Guess MS hasn't figured out how to package a game safely in the box in the last 5 years..

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']What store did you buy yours from?

I know Best Buy doesn't even sell in-store warrenty exchanges anymore, they make you send it off to one of their repair centers for service.[/quote]
Best Buy. You have to do the Product Replacement Warrenty. There are two different types. I believe the other one is a Product Service warrenty. I had the PRW. So I just asked if I could return it, after dude tested it and said he couldnt give it the go to trade it in. So I just returned it. They gave me $279.99 + Tax which = 296.XX, Then I just used my 58.XX in store credit and just payed for it, and bought a new PRW. So if you have any warrenty on it and you want the RE5 see if you can return it and get the money back. O an they gave me the $296 on a gift card. Which didnt bother me at all.

Yea my game case was cracked too! but the game case of the Arcade one was never ever cracked?? How did they manage that one?

Man, you guys are killing me with all this joy of having your RE systems. I've been watching them for awhile but wasn't really sure if I wanted one. I noticed Walmart.com has them in stock the other night and then I see the "no interest for 12 months" banner. So I figure, what the hell? I applied and got approved. This temptation is absolutely killing me inside...

[quote name='JoNJoN']Man, you guys are killing me with all this joy of having your RE systems. I've been watching them for awhile but wasn't really sure if I wanted one. I noticed Walmart.com has them in stock the other night and then I see the "no interest for 12 months" banner. So I figure, what the hell? I applied and got approved. This temptation is absolutely killing me inside...[/quote]

It's a good entry bundle if you don't have a 360 or if you can get an upgrade or something. You get a really good game.

On both of the Arcade models that I openend, the top of the case for the Sega Superstars game was crushed. However they designed the packaging of the game in the box with the system doesn't work.

ok this sounds a bit rediculous, but i called best buy's customer support line and asked about the product service plan and product replacement plan. she said they don't even do the product service plans for video game consoles now.. they're forced to give you an exchange or a gift card with the amount you paid. no idea if she knew what she was talking about though.

Did anyone have any problems playing RE5 on your new 360's? The first time i popped in RE5 to my 360 it didnt read the disk. On the dashboard where it says what game is in the disc drive it said Insert Disc / Open Disctray.

Only happened that one time though. Played the game for a few minutes and the disc drive kinda was loud and clunky getting the game to run. I then chose to install the game and it runs quieter now.

Also this only occurred with RE5. I played and installed many of my other games * Mass Effect, Dead rising , SFIV , Ninja Gaiden 2, Ect. * and they played and loaded up fine. Installed them too :D 120 gigs is sweet.

[quote name='Mako1215']It's a good entry bundle if you don't have a 360 or if you can get an upgrade or something. You get a really good game.[/quote]

LOL, if its considered an upgrade from a Black Elite then I guess you can say that. I'm just a crack addict when it comes to new and shiny electronics. :)

[quote name='dios']Did anyone have any problems playing RE5 on your new 360's? The first time i popped in RE5 to my 360 it didnt read the disk. On the dashboard where it says what game is in the disc drive it said Insert Disc / Open Disctray.

Only happened that one time though. Played the game for a few minutes and the disc drive kinda was loud and clunky getting the game to run. I then chose to install the game and it runs quieter now.[/quote]

I've seen this same thing on other threads. Apparently, not only is your cracked game case junk, apparently the DVDs they used for the packaged RE5 game are crap also.

[quote name='dios']Did anyone have any problems playing RE5 on your new 360's? The first time i popped in RE5 to my 360 it didnt read the disk. On the dashboard where it says what game is in the disc drive it said Insert Disc / Open Disctray.

Only happened that one time though. Played the game for a few minutes and the disc drive kinda was loud and clunky getting the game to run. I then chose to install the game and it runs quieter now.

Also this only occurred with RE5. I played and installed many of my other games * Mass Effect, Dead rising , SFIV , Ninja Gaiden 2, Ect. * and they played and loaded up fine. Installed them too :D 120 gigs is sweet.[/quote]
Yea i have been getting many disk read errors.

[quote name='karkyco']So are these RE Elites confirmed to be Jaspers or whatever latest chipset is available?[/quote]
Mine was a 12.1 which is the lastest chipset I believe.

[quote name='JoNJoN']LOL, if its considered an upgrade from a Black Elite then I guess you can say that. I'm just a crack addict when it comes to new and shiny electronics. :)
[/quote]
LOLz well mine was an upgrade from a arcade to this

[quote name='Mako1215']Best Buy. You have to do the Product Replacement Warrenty. There are two different types. I believe the other one is a Product Service warrenty. I had the PRW. So I just asked if I could return it, after dude tested it and said he couldnt give it the go to trade it in. So I just returned it. They gave me $279.99 + Tax which = 296.XX, Then I just used my 58.XX in store credit and just payed for it, and bought a new PRW. So if you have any warrenty on it and you want the RE5 see if you can return it and get the money back. O an they gave me the $296 on a gift card. Which didnt bother me at all.[/quote]

It was my understanding that BB did away with PRW and renamed it "Black Tie Protection". I know BB (and EB) employees used to sell extended warentees with the incentive if you ever wanted to upgrade your current system or move to another system you could if you returned your system with all the packing materials within the warrenty period. Lately though BB isn't selling their plan that way since too many people were taking advantage of it and BB was loosing money.

I checked the BB website and they only sell one form of their plan for consoles. I strongly suggest you read the terms of your new plan to make sure that you can do the same thing in the future.

Seriously, some of you are totally incapable of thinking on your own and all you want to do is just run to the internet and cry.

If your Resident Evil case is cracked (mine was too,) just go to Gamestop and ask them for a spare Xbox 360 case. My store happily gave me one and I really can't imagine why any store would say no. And if they happen to not have any, go to a rental store and see if they have one. Try to actually SOLVE the problem rather than running online to cry about it.

[quote name='mva5580']Seriously, some of you are totally incapable of thinking on your own and all you want to do is just run to the internet and cry.

If your Resident Evil case is cracked (mine was too,) just go to Gamestop and ask them for a spare Xbox 360 case. My store happily gave me one and I really can't imagine why any store would say no. And if they happen to not have any, go to a rental store and see if they have one. Try to actually SOLVE the problem rather than running online to cry about it.[/QUOTE]

Your logic fails.

You spend nearly 400 dollars on something, and you dont have the right to complain about something obviously defective? Sounds like you should take your own advice, if you don't like to hear people "crying," stop crying yourself.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']It was my understanding that BB did away with PRW and renamed it "Black Tie Protection". I know BB (and EB) employees used to sell extended warentees with the incentive if you ever wanted to upgrade your current system or move to another system you could if you returned your system with all the packing materials within the warrenty period. Lately though BB isn't selling their plan that way since too many people were taking advantage of it and BB was loosing money.

I checked the BB website and they only sell one form of their plan for consoles. I strongly suggest you read the terms of your new plan to make sure that you can do the same thing in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's only Black Tie now, and it's ONLY a service plan, not a replacement plan... I think all of the consoles get Black Tie so you can't just swap systems anymore. Was thinking of getting one on my DSi preorder but given my luck with Best Buy's absolutely incompetent repair facility, I'll just "gamble" with my credit card's extended warranty.

So if you buy a 360 today with an extended warranty through BB, it will go out for service, not just be swapped, if it breaks.... which in a way kind of blows the whole idea of buying a store warranty instead of MS'.

After starting up RE5, during the intro movie the video suddenly froze although the audio kept going on my first play. So I just installed the game to the HDD and so far no problems since. I haven't tried any other discs yet, so hopefully its not an issue with the optical drive.

I have some extra, mint condition xbox 360 cases that I would be happy to sell anyone who got a defective one in their bundle, asking price $399. PM me if interested!

My gf actually had the same problem where her game kinda froze while watching the RE5 video on her red xbox. I hope this problem isn't widespread on all video game cut scenes.

It sounds like there are some seriously widespread DVD drive issues with these. I haven't had a chance to use mine yet but damn that thing was loud when I was transferring my content from my old HDD to the new one.

EDIT - My RE5 case also had a small crack on the top.

Microsoft used to put the game case in one of the two folded cardboards that cushion the console in the box. The cardboard has a special slot where they put the game case in, although part of the game is sticking out of the cardboard.

Are they still using the same design in the RE box?

anyone check what drive these are coming with? i would assume it'd be lite-on, but just making sure. could just be the discs that are faulty..

The only problem I have seen so far is that my console was loading the first level of RE5 for about 20 minutes lol. But that is all.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Your logic fails.

You spend nearly 400 dollars on something, and you dont have the right to complain about something obviously defective? Sounds like you should take your own advice, if you don't like to hear people "crying," stop crying yourself.[/quote]

His comment is valid. I've had customers try to return the entire XBox 360 because the game inside's case was cracked.

You bought a new game. The disc is new. You're going to open the case any way, just switch the case out, no harm no foul. Some were packed poorly and were cracked - it's to be expected. If it was the game disc itself, that's a completely different issue, but DVD cases are plentiful.

And RE5 looks kinda awesome in a black case, anyway.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Your logic fails.

You spend nearly 400 dollars on something, and you dont have the right to complain about something obviously defective? Sounds like you should take your own advice, if you don't like to hear people "crying," stop crying yourself.[/QUOTE]

qft

while a cracked case is probably not a dealbreaker for most people, I can understand why a customer would be upset over it and would want a replacement case delivered for free...

it's the same thing as if you walked up to the counter at gamestop, asked for RE5, the cashier grabs a perfectly mint copy off the shelf, rings up your purchase, then throws your RE5 on the floor and stomps on it hard enough to crack the case before handing it to you to take home...

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']it's the same thing as if you walked up to the counter at gamestop, asked for RE5, the cashier grabs a perfectly mint copy off the shelf, rings up your purchase, then throws your RE5 on the floor and stomps on it hard enough to crack the case before handing it to you to take home...[/quote]
WTF! The thing he will be the one being thrown on to the floor and stomped upon hard enough to crack his skull :whistle2:#

yeah, it's the SAME thing. Malicious destruction of property vs. accidental damage.

Seriously, cmon.

[quote name='sunghost']anyone check what drive these are coming with? i would assume it'd be lite-on, but just making sure. could just be the discs that are faulty..[/QUOTE]

They're lite-ons. Only drives that're still in production.

I had to return my first red Xbox, it was making grinding noises. Didn't sound pleasant. Replacement one sounds fine, but the RE5 case was crushed. Just swapped it with the case that came with my free Watchmen tickets, no biggie. I haven't had any DREs, but I've only been playing RE5, and it's been installed on the HDD since I got it.

Saw just two left at one of the newer BBs in the area. Someone just took one right when I found them. Lots of the Falcon Elites though, which will probably move faster once they end the RE5 SKU.

Console unrelated. But I snatched a poster like this ebay photo from GameCrazy:

afa51.jpg

It doubles as a Dead Rising Wii poster at the back :)

I like the poster. I would definitely hang one at my workstation here. Now you got me all crazy to find one.

I need to install the game to my hdd but I need to update to NXE but I can't seem to get it to connect with my laptop. I kept reading about stuff online and played around with it for hours and managed to get it to load NXE, but halfway through the load it stopped and again, wouldn't connect to my router. NoOoo...

Yea, 3 people at work got the bundle, everyone had a cracked RE5 case... my second RE5 Elite had a cracked game case :( My first one didn't hah.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']qft

while a cracked case is probably not a dealbreaker for most people, I can understand why a customer would be upset over it and would want a replacement case delivered for free...

it's the same thing as if you walked up to the counter at gamestop, asked for RE5, the cashier grabs a perfectly mint copy off the shelf, rings up your purchase, then throws your RE5 on the floor and stomps on it hard enough to crack the case before handing it to you to take home...[/QUOTE]

That is some ridiculous, ridiculous "logic." Wow.

Had two more returned at work today bricked, and another because the game wouldn't play. The girl who returned them today and yesterday knows her XBox and it wasn't just a matter of them wanting another because the game case was cracked. No matter how you slice it 5 out of 20 with any sort of problem is not good.

[quote name='mva5580'][quote name='ItsaMeMario']it's the same thing as if you walked up to the counter at gamestop, asked for RE5, the cashier grabs a perfectly mint copy off the shelf, rings up your purchase, then throws your RE5 on the floor and stomps on it hard enough to crack the case before handing it to you to take home...[/QUOTE]That is some ridiculous, ridiculous "logic." Wow.[/QUOTE]

While I'd agree that's a little extreme I'd agree it's akin to how Gamestop guts there games and in many circumstances their "new" games have scratches and crap on them.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Had two more returned at work today bricked, and another because the game wouldn't play. The girl who returned them today and yesterday knows her XBox and it wasn't just a matter of them wanting another because the game case was cracked. No matter how you slice it 5 out of 20 with any sort of problem is not good.[/quote]

Jesus.

Well, I got mine right at closing time and HAVE NOT opened it.

Now I am thinking of taking it back and maybe going in a different direction.

Damn, opened mine today and console is perfect but mt left stick on the controller sticks to the left (Cghris will just keep walking left on RE5 with my hand off), ordered from NewEgg and really dont want to send the whole thing back..:(

RS60 have you tried turning the console off and turning it back on while not touching the controller?

Amusedtoe you seem to be the only one reporting widespread problems, unless I'm missing the discussions at other forums?

Is there really any benefit to having the onboard memory of the arcade units?

I'm looking for any reason NOT to get the RE5 elite, because I really don't need it...

bread's done
Back