Resident Evil 6 (PS3 and 360) $14.99 at Gamefly with Free Shipping

It's a cool action game, but if you're expecting to buy this and get the fun resident evil experience you will be more than disappointed. This game will make you lose all hope for the franchise.

[quote name='whoknows']Buy it.

People whine that RE6 is different from the old Resident Evil games. That happened 7 years ago, I don't know why people are suddenly complaining now. RE6 makes a lot of logical changes to the gameplay.

This generation is just full of a lot of whiny gamers with self entitlement issues.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']It's a cool action game, but if you're expecting to buy this and get the fun resident evil experience you will be more than disappointed. This game will make you lose all hope for the franchise.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I'll give it a shot. I like both styles but honestly Revelations is probably what they should do moving forward. It combines both styles for the better.

Ended up buying it. I liked the game when I rented it last year. Been a fan of RE since the beginning and it wasn't that bad. Pretty cheesy story but still, it's fun especially the co-op.

[quote name='jkam']Lol, I'll give it a shot. I like both styles but honestly Revelations is probably what they should do moving forward. It combines both styles for the better.[/QUOTE]

My problem with them going the Revelations route is the amount of game you get.

RE6 has four campaigns, each one at least as long as RE5, plus Mercenaries. Kept me playing the game for 70+ hours.

Revelations and all the other RE games are over and done with a lot quicker.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']It's a cool action game, but if you're expecting to buy this and get the fun resident evil experience you will be more than disappointed. This game will make you lose all hope for the franchise.[/QUOTE]

This type of post is exactly what I was referring to when I said people say it's not a RE game. RE4 and 5 are but somehow RE6 is so radically different it isn't. Makes no sense to me.

[quote name='Vigilante']No kidding--it took me 30 hours to beat everyone's campaign on Veteran the first time through. @_@[/QUOTE]

Trying to get through the campaign solo on veteran my first time was a big turn off. Gonna do co-op on normal to level up next time I get the game.

[quote name='whoknows']My problem with them going the Revelations route is the amount of game you get.

RE6 has four campaigns, each one at least as long as RE5, plus Mercenaries. Kept me playing the game for 70+ hours.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know I'm thinking if Revelations was a console title they could make it bigger and more epic, with more campaigns which it sort of was in it's own way anyway. 70 hours might be a stretch though. I'd be down for a Revelations 2 on PS4 or NextBox.

[quote name='whoknows']My problem with them going the Revelations route is the amount of game you get.

This type of post is exactly what I was referring to when I said people say it's not a RE game. RE4 and 5 are but somehow RE6 is so radically different it isn't. Makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

It's less about the game length and more about the actual amount of Resident Evil. I don't think many people really considered 5 a RE game either, especially with all the boulder punching action we got ;)

[quote name='whoknows']This generation is just full of a lot of whiny gamers with self entitlement issues.[/QUOTE]
Heh. So wanting a good game is what passes for entitlement these days? Criticism of a mediocre game is now whining?

[quote name='jkam']I don't know I'm thinking if Revelations was a console title they could make it bigger and more epic, with more campaigns which it sort of was in it's own way anyway. 70 hours might be a stretch though. I'd be down for a Revelations 2 on PS4 or NextBox.[/QUOTE]

I'd be okay with that, but I love how much content we got with RE6. I enjoyed all four campaigns and Mercenaries is the best version of it IMO. The gameplay changes make it infinitely better to me.

[quote name='gotdott']It's less about the game length and more about the actual amount of Resident Evil. I don't think many people really considered 5 a RE game either, especially with all the boulder punching action we got ;)[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on what you think Resident Evil is. If what you want is tank controls and dated combat then sure I guess. Old style Resident Evil needed a gameplay update. That seemed to be the opinion for a lot of people after RE0 came out and that's what we got with RE4.

Resident Evil 6 is absolutely a Resident Evil game to me though. I don't see how it isn't and 4 and 5 are.

[quote name='simmias']Heh. So wanting a good game is what passes for entitlement these days? Criticism of a mediocre game is now whining?[/QUOTE]

When the criticisms of it are the equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum because it's different, yes, I consider that whining.

Recent example of whiny self entitled gamers is EA being voted the worst company. Started with people whining about the ME3 ending last year and just continued on this year.

[quote name='whoknows']I guess it depends on what you think Resident Evil is. If what you want is tank controls and dated combat then sure I guess. Old style Resident Evil needed a gameplay update. That seemed to be the opinion for a lot of people after RE0 came out and that's what we got with RE4.

Resident Evil 6 is absolutely a Resident Evil game to me though. I don't see how it isn't and 4 and 5 are.
[/QUOTE]

You keep bringing up 5, but common consensus on CAG has been that 5 is a distant cousin as well. 5 & 6 are as much Resident Evil as Dead Space 3 was Dead Space- they have recognizable names and set pieces but it is undeniable that we are now action heroes rather than survivors. That's the primary complaint.

[quote name='whoknows']I'd be okay with that, but I love how much content we got with RE6. I enjoyed all four campaigns and Mercenaries is the best version of it IMO. The gameplay changes make it infinitely better to me.

I guess it depends on what you think Resident Evil is. If what you want is tank controls and dated combat then sure I guess. Old style Resident Evil needed a gameplay update. That seemed to be the opinion for a lot of people after RE0 came out and that's what we got with RE4.

When the criticisms of it are the equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum because it's different, yes, I consider that whining.

Recent example of whiny self entitled gamers is EA being voted the worst company. Started with people whining about the ME3 ending last year and just continued on this year.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you've said. I guess its just a split crowd. some people can accept change and enjoy it, and some people just can not understand the concept and everything that comes along with change.

Action heroes? Hardly. This is the natural progression of these characters, Leon was a rookie cop in RE2, and now works for the government, you don't think he's been hardened to put up with this crap over these years? especially in RE4, it was a bridge to show you that he was in fact hardened. Now these people are doing what they must to save the world. They are not weak survivors anymore. Zombies aren't some new radical surprising thing now. They must be eradicated. The real enemies are always the humans evolving the zombies.

Same with the gameplay, its all natural progression. I'm not saying RE6 is perfect at all, its not, theres a ton of problems, but seriously, there are a ton of problems in every RE game. Ive been an RE fan since the beginning and I WELCOME change and different takes on these characters. (especially after RE5) I love RE1-3, I love RE4, I do like RE5 for what it is, I actually like the movies(CG and live action). Im like that with pretty much everything though, Ive come to accept a lot of things I used to hate. I understand that different people create these things as time goes on.

Capcom can go back to the classic tank controls/innocent survivors/no action at all, in a PSN/XBLA exclusive game AT BEST, no way they could release a full fledged retail game with the classic RE style and expect it to sell. They have provided the HD remakes of the classic games which are good enough for me.

Pretty much every game in the series is different. If you like the classics, then just stick with those and their atmosphere, if you like the action oriented games, then great! Theres something for everyone, and there is something for the fans who actually LOVE IT ALL, and embrace new things that evolve the franchise. Especially when they are as good as RE6.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']I guess its just a split crowd. some people can accept change and enjoy it, and some people just can not understand the concept and everything that comes along with change.[/QUOTE]
Some change is bad though and the game is full of bad. Even dismissing it as a Resident Evil game, it tries to copy games like Gears of War and does a miserable job. Instead of just sticking to its roots, they made a shooter on rails, QTE infested piece of shit.

And that's putting it nicely.

My copy came today. Can someone confirm that there is no manual included? Just got an ad for Resident Evil Damnation and warranty info.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']My copy came today. Can someone confirm that there is no manual included? Just got an ad for Resident Evil Damnation and warranty info.[/QUOTE]Yup, there's no manual. What you received was what was in the launch copy I bought from BBY back in October.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yup, there's no manual. What you received was what was in the launch copy I bought from BBY back in October.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='thane_of_the_shadow']Thanks OP! Scored a copy for $10 after using a $5 Gamefly coupon for being a member. Not too shabby![/QUOTE]

No problem!

Great price but definitely not for me. I enjoyed Leon's campaign but just dreaded the other ones as I stumbled on through. Congrats to those who decide to pick up at this price.

bread's done
Back