Resident Evil Blurays $10 @ Amazon

Relax.... while $10 a piece is a good deal it's not a "OMFG I just crapped my pants" good of a deal and certainly is not a price mistake.

I've never played the RE games before but the movies interest me which movie should I watch first to get the video game backstory?

[quote name='GUNNM']I've never played the RE games before but the movies interest me which movie should I watch first to get the video game backstory?[/QUOTE]

None of them. The movies are only VERY loosely based on the games... You see some of the same characters, but not in the same settings as the games and the main protagonist (Alice) is not in the games AT ALL...

Can't tell if joke thread or not.... classic movies?

The trilogy is $19.99 at Fry's (+1.99 shipped online) so that would be cheaper.

[quote name='SanjiX']With the exception of Afterlife, Wal Mart did have tins for every movie on Blu for $7.99 some time ago.[/QUOTE]
If only we had been lucky enough to get in on that. I probably would have died of excitement seeing that.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']None of them. The movies are only VERY loosely based on the games... You see some of the same characters, but not in the same settings as the games and the main protagonist (Alice) is not in the games AT ALL...[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately this is another case of Capcom not knowing what the fans want. Not putting Alice into RE5 or RE6 is a travesty on par with not releasing MML3.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
Unfortunately this is another case of Capcom not knowing what the fans want. Not putting Alice into RE5 or RE6 is a travesty on par with not releasing MML3.[/QUOTE]

Ummm.. What? I definitely don't want Alice in my RE games. Her character is ridiculous and stupid. The first one was good, but then giving her super powers was just absolutely retarded. Not a fan of where the RE movie series went.

This is a very good decision that Capcom (weird I know) that they leave her out.

[quote name='GBAstar']Relax.... while $10 a piece is a good deal it's not a "OMFG I just crapped my pants" good of a deal and certainly is not a price mistake.[/QUOTE]

The sarcastic posts above you went right over your head

If you can watch the last one in 3D I'd recommend it. It's actually a lot of fun.

Basically...

RE - pretty good
RE: Apocolypse - not good
RE: Extinction - not good
RE: Afterlife - pretty good, especially in 3D

[quote name='hankmecrankme']these classics[/QUOTE]

What?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hope this isn't a mistake![/quote]

Huh?

[quote name='distgfx']these movies are amazing[/quote]

What's going on here?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
If only we had been lucky enough to get in on that. I probably would have died of excitement seeing that.
[/quote]

Why?

Am I completely missing something here? The first movie was okay, two and three were pretty awful, and the fourth was mediocre.

These prices are far from special - The trilogy is $22.99 on Amazon right now, so you could order that and then place another order for Afterlife and save $7.

You can take it a step further and preorder the Resident Evil collection on Amazon UK for about $22 shipped.

$10 each is, in fact, a pretty bad deal for these movies, and I don't understand why everyone is losing their stuff over this.

[quote name='Scorch']What?

Huh?

What's going on here?

Why?

Am I completely missing something here? The first movie was okay, two and three were pretty awful, and the fourth was mediocre.

These prices are far from special - The trilogy is $22.99 on Amazon right now, so you could order that and then place another order for Afterlife and save $7.

You can take it a step further and preorder the Resident Evil collection on Amazon UK for about $22 shipped.

$10 each is, in fact, a pretty bad deal for these movies, and I don't understand why everyone is losing their stuff over this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't get the big deal here. I actually chalked up the first few posts to being sarcastic, but I'm not entirely sure now. These aren't really good deals at all

I bought the first two from Amazon for $6 each (it was a random-ish sale back in May of '11 that started off with $7.99 Blu-rays @ BB, but then Amazon one-upped them and made the price $6 on a bunch of Blus) and I got RE:Afterlife in 3D for $18.49 on Amazon (this was just over 18 months ago, mind you)... so I don't see the big deal here, either!

I'm planning on finding a used copy of Extinction (WON'T pay more than $7.50) just to round out the collection and get reacquainted with the best and (mostly) the worst parts of the film series before seeing the fifth one with the *slightly* more stupid sub-title.

I still need Exinction to fill in the only missing film from my BD collection. I was hoping for a movie cash offer with the new movie, but I can't really complain at $8-10 a title.

Ordered from Amazon UK, was just over $23 for me, so like $5.50 per movie. I enjoyed the first 2 a good bit, the 2nd was the best IMO. Been a RE fan since RE2 was out so I wouldn't mind owning this on BR just for the RE aspect.

These movies are perfect examples of how video game movies should be done.

Wish I didn't already buy them all when they came out. Coulda saved some $$$ :bomb:

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']The director of these movies says he's working on a monster hunter movie. WTF? There's no plot to direct.[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding? There's like 5 different ways I could think to write the scenes where you cook Monster meat. It's been begging for a film adaptation for years.

[quote name='whoknows']These movies are perfect examples of how video game movies should be done.

Wish I didn't already buy them all when they came out. Coulda saved some $$$ :bomb:[/QUOTE]

while the films are watchable I wouldn't say they are the best video game movies and how they should be made. I'd rather watch the first Mortal Kombat and Silent Hill.

I think the best video game like movie for me would be Clash of the Titans or Wrath of the Titans.

Shit just happens in them. No reasoning, just does.

Was about to buy Afterlife, but remembered I have all Steelbook versions of the first 3 RE's from when they were on sale way back... so I bought the steelbook of Afterlife instead >_

bread's done
Back