Resident Evil for DS (from GAF)

maxflight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5239

We've got the biggest news this month kiddies: according to the British gaming magazine NGC, Capcom is working on a remake of the original Resident Evil for the DS. The only details we have right now are that the game will use the same camera perspective as Resident Evil 4 and the touchscreen will be used for attacks.

Because this news is breaking, new details will most likely emerge soon. Check back here for the latest.

Source: gamefront.de

Sounds intresting since it will use the RE4 perspective. Might be worth picking up since I've only played 4.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Mmm paying for a game three times. What can't Capcom make gamers do?[/QUOTE]
Five, if you count the Director's Cut and Director Cut Dual Shock (aka Greatest Hits) versions.

The only details we have right now are that the game will use the same camera perspective as Resident Evil 4 and the touchscreen will be used for attacks.

haven't bought a single remake of this game...but this makes me :drool:

I'll allow another capcom remake for the DS as long as its a version of street fighter II that can be played online.

[quote name='David85']A remake of a remake of a remake of a.......

Make a new damn game Capcom![/QUOTE]

Hey, if it ain't broke...

Dumbasses continue to buy their games in droves, why not just re-hash the same shit. The lowest common denomonator theory has been working for years, and the people with the power to stop it, the consumer, does nothing. Ten years or less, say bye-bye to creative video games.

[quote name='maxflight']http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5239

We've got the biggest news this month kiddies: according to the British gaming magazine NGC, Capcom is working on a remake of the original Resident Evil for the DS. The only details we have right now are that the game will use the same camera perspective as Resident Evil 4 and the touchscreen will be used for attacks.

Because this news is breaking, new details will most likely emerge soon. Check back here for the latest.

Source: gamefront.de[/QUOTE]

I'd rather see this on the PSP with decent visuals... it will look ok on the DS, but I think a PSP version will shine.

Knowing Capcom, it will be ported anyways.

The same camera style as RE 4 is worth a second playthrough... but wouldn't that make the game alot easier? Most of the time you're only fighting 1 or 2 enemies at once, which is nothing compared to RE 4's massive droves of enemies.

I can still remember the last Resident Evil for Game Boy, RE: Gaiden on GBC. If Capcom's handheld quality standards remain consistent, I think I'll easily be able to skip this one altogether.

I remember Capcom making a statment within the last year how they will not bring Resident Evil to handhelds because it's dynamic wouldn't work. I guess they changed their mind.. . . . . .

It sounds interesting. If done well it could be great IMO. I wouldn't mind having a portable RE on DS. This only makes the DS's library that much better IMO.

yeah, I doubt the game will resemble RE or REmake except in the story and scenery.
Sounds like the gameplay will be very different.

"...This remake will now support the ability tickle zombies using Nintendo's stylus. The top screen will show the in-game full 3D action while the bottom screen will point out the weak damage areas (or tickle zones, as we like to call them) on the zombie(s) you are attacking."

Sounds good to me if this is in the game.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Mmm paying for a game three times. What can't Capcom make gamers do?[/QUOTE]

:?: I count twice (RE and RE:DC), if you believe REmake is anywhere near the same game as the original, then I suppose you've never touched the series. As for this rumored DS version, if what's said is true then it'll be in the same boat as REmake. the over-the-shoulder viewpoint would mean fully 3D backgrounds ala RECV and RE4.

Personally I think this is all BS until one of the major sites confirm it.

bread's done
Back