Resident Evil games

KurtCobain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Why are the RE games for Cube so hard to find? I have Zero and REbirth and want to get the others (CVX, 2, Nemesis) so I can have the collection, but I am having quite a bit of trouble finding them cheap, or finding them at all.

Was there anything added to the GCN versions that wasn't on the PS versions? If not, I'll just stick with my old copies.

They look better on Gamecube. So if you're a graphics wh*re like me or just want all of them on one system, get them. Otherwise just stick with the ps/ps2 ones.

Gamecrazy still has Resident Evil 3 for $29.99. RE2 is getting difficult to find, couple weeks ago, saw one sell on ebay sealed for $80. They were released in lower numbers than RE and RE0, that's why they are hard to find and pricey.

I want RE3 for the cube dispite having beaten a friends copy on PSone but 30 bucks is still ridiculous, it's like Nintendo is trying to burn out the stock at 30 before they finally start selling it as a GH title for 20. (or probably 25 knowing nintendo and their resistance to price drops) This makes the games harder to find and finding them so shocking that you must buy the game at an inflated price or risk NOT getting it at all atleast untill they go GH and get a reprint.

[quote name='Alpha2']I want RE3 for the cube dispite having beaten a friends copy on PSone but 30 bucks is still ridiculous, it's like Nintendo is trying to burn out the stock at 30 before they finally start selling it as a GH title for 20. (or probably 25 knowing nintendo and their resistance to price drops) This makes the games harder to find and finding them so shocking that you must buy the game at an inflated price or risk NOT getting it at all atleast untill they go GH and get a reprint.[/quote]

Or maybe it has nothing to do with Nintendo.

And good luck seeing Re2 and Re3 hit PC.

[quote name='scsg75']Gamecrazy still has Resident Evil 3 for $29.99. RE2 is getting difficult to find, couple weeks ago, saw one sell on ebay sealed for $80. They were released in lower numbers than RE and RE0, that's why they are hard to find and pricey.[/quote]

80 sealed? :lol: for that price u can get the collecters edition with RE 2, 3, CV and REmake.

Sartori - I've actuall seen RE2 for PC, it sels for like 5 bucks as a budget title at EB and it's also no better than the PSOne version. I doubt they have it on the site though I've only ever seen it B&M.

[quote name='Mishimaryu'][quote name='scsg75']Gamecrazy still has Resident Evil 3 for $29.99. RE2 is getting difficult to find, couple weeks ago, saw one sell on ebay sealed for $80. They were released in lower numbers than RE and RE0, that's why they are hard to find and pricey.[/quote]

80 sealed? :lol: for that price u can get the collecters edition with RE 2, 3, CV and REmake.[/quote]

Yup, I don't know of any collectors edition with all those games for GC. But here is a completed auction for RE2 and RE3 only (sealed):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8128665628&rd=1

Here's one for RE2 only with 16 hours left (at $80 now)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8130171575&rd=1

It's a no brainer that these games can be had for other systems at much cheaper prices, but they are this much for the GC versions because of the numbers they were released in and they are OOP. It's a collectability thing. If you just want to play them, don't buy sealed GC versions, buy the $5 PS1 versions.

yup RE3 is out for pc..i borrowed it from someone n never gave it back.. n now i dunno where it is..but no doubt they are awsome games...best of the playstation..

I'd much rather have the GC version as anything I find for the PS amd PC at this late a date will probably be used, scratched and cracked... and no I dont want the ugly GH version.

[quote name='Alpha2']Sartori - I've actuall seen RE2 for PC, it sels for like 5 bucks as a budget title at EB and it's also no better than the PSOne version. I doubt they have it on the site though I've only ever seen it B&M.[/quote]

I think he meant Player's Choice title for Gamecube.

Ah I see what you;re talking about, still I wouldnt be surprised. For them to even allow it to be released for the system is a show of nintendo style arrogance, I wouldnt put it past them to reissue them at 25 bucks with the "Player's Choice" cover eventually.

collector's edition is only available in Japan. and it is all the RE titles on the GC excluding the super-postponed RE4.

i paid $130 (new) for my complete RE US collection.

[quote name='Sartori']Not even a Dreamcast port, despite what Gamestop employes will tell you.[/quote]

Taken from Gamespot's reviews...

Resident Evil 2
What makes this even worse is that Resident Evil 2 for the GameCube features the same relatively minor visual upgrades to the main character models and other small changes as the Dreamcast version of the game

Resident Evil 3
All of these features have made the full transition to the GameCube version, along with the slight visual enhancements that were originally constructed for the Dreamcast version of the game

Sometimes Gamestop employees CAN be right...

I know this is of no help but I was able to pick up 2,3, and Code Veronica for $5.00 each at the CC sale in July. I already had the remake & zero. I have seen pre-owned Veronica for $35.00. Way to much for a port.

I picked up Resident Evil: Code Veronica X at Best Buy B&M for $14.99 after GGC a month or so ago.
Not the greatest deal, but better than some places pre-owned prices (ie. Gamestop).

Besides the graphical updates they also feature the "tank" type control setup from REbirth (which is sadly missing from RE:Outbreak and RE:0 :(). Not to mention the little goodies the DC versions had (art gallery, new documents). Also the bomb minigame from RE2: DS is in as well.

The Cube ports are based off the DC ports.

Why isnt Resident Evil Code Veronica X considered to be RE 4 ? I have only played RE 1 & 2 so dont get mad if it is an obvious answer.

[quote name='scsg75']Gamecrazy still has Resident Evil 3 for $29.99. RE2 is getting difficult to find, couple weeks ago, saw one sell on ebay sealed for $80. They were released in lower numbers than RE and RE0, that's why they are hard to find and pricey.[/quote]

Jesus! Thank god I ordered my copy of RE2 from Capcom back in March-ish for around $33 shipped.

:shock:

this is the usual capcom BS...release in limited quantities so that everyone keeps buzzing about their games

CV wasnt concidered 4 because the creator wanted to keep the series on PS hardware untill the exclusivity deal with Nintendo.

[quote name='iamarhinoceros']so CVX wasnt only released on GCN and the other RE games were released on both GCN and PS ?[/quote]

Code Veronica was originally a Dreamcast exclusive. All the other RE games have been released on PS1 (CVX was on PS2) Dreamcast, and RE2 was released on N64 (not sure if any others were on N64)

CV Was intended to be DC only untill it died at the hands of the PS2. They'd started releasing ports of the other games for the DC to try and pump up sales but that didnt work. Along comes Nintendo and the GC, makes an exclusivity deal which snatches the main RE franchaise from Sony leaving them with only side games like RE:dead Aim and Outbreak (that were developed by sub divisions of Capcom) while RE:0, The remake of 1 and RE4 become Nintendo exclusive. The ports once again being made once again to promote sales of the franchiase on the new system.

I'm not sure but I beleive the N64 version of RE2 was licenced from capcom and developed by a sub developer for Nintendo... but I'd have to look it up to be sure.

i just got back from finding a copy of RE 2 for $14.99 used at gamestop.. now i have all of the RE games for the Gamecube... i was shocked wheni seen it there.. perfect condition.....

glade i stop off there on the way home from work...

i would really like to get 2, nemesis and CV for GC because my playstation broke forever ago, and i dont feel like buying a new ps2. blah.

i was looking forward to getting these when i picked up my gc... ahhh the disapointment,

Actually, CVX is suppose to be part 3 in the series, they made Nemesis so the fans had something to play while they were working on CV, even tho that came out to DC. What I don't understand is why they decided to change it and made Nemesis number 3 instead(imo Nemesis fits as part 3).

I found RE 2 for N64, brand new and shrink wrapped, at Toys R' Us for around $7.50. That was half off of $15.00.

Angel Studios = RE 2 N64. They also made Smuggler's Run. Pretty sure they were bought by RockStar later on.

I don't really follow the high prices for these games on the cube, I guess they're suddenly a commodity, perhaps because of the new movie? Either way I wish I had picked them all up at CC when I saw them a few weeks prior to the $5 sale. Although, I did luck out and got the first RE for GC at CC during the $5 sale.

i love the resident evil games. I have found all of them and it probably only cost me around $100 for 0,1,2,3, and x for gamecube. I wish they would of redone 2,3, and x but i love the improvements to 1 and zero is an awesome game too.

[quote name='Goodtone']LOOK AT THIS LINK !!! Resident Evil 2 for gamecube is for sale at $1000

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=650044

Who would be crazy enough to actually buy it for that? I am glad I have my copy I bought for $29.99[/quote]

I emailed them about it forever ago cause i was kind of curious why. and here is their responce.

You've encountered a page
which either an obsolete or out of stock item. The $9999.90 adjusted
price is to deter anyone from trying to order it. Please visit the site
below for the most accurate inventory listing.

http://www.capcom.com/games_main.xpml

I have the GCN and the DC ports of RE 2 and 3. There's absolutely no difference between them.

Might as well not waste your money. You can get a DC, a bunch of games, RE 2 + 3, and probably some left over instead of buying the GCN RE games sealed.

[quote name='Scahom1']
Taken from Gamespot's reviews...
Sometimes Gamestop employees CAN be right...[/quote]

Which one is it?

bread's done
Back