Resident Evil® The Umbrella Chronicles Shot Blaster up for preorder @ CAPCOM STORE

Wow, only $30, what a deal. I'm going to pre-order two and throw away my two Perfect Shots, which I paid a grand total of $15 for. I'm mostly a big fan of Capcom, but to release this so long after RE:UC, and at this price point, is crazy to say the least.

For those who missed out on the experience of trying to order a fightstick direct from Capcom, their online fulfillment/store is terrible. Preorder with care, they're a mess.

It actually looks like a cool peripheral. Please let us know how it works for UC - that game's controls suck!

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Wow, only $30, what a deal. I'm going to pre-order two and throw away my two Perfect Shots, which I paid a grand total of $15 for. I'm mostly a big fan of Capcom, but to release this so long after RE:UC, and at this price point, is crazy to say the least.[/quote]

Considering there is a new on-rails RE coming to Wii in the fall (Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles) this seems like a good item to preorder. I have actually been looking for this for a long time and the $50+ on ebay is not an option. This item has been out for a while from what I gather and it is $19.99 at Gamestop so if you have that luxury then go for it, I can't find it in stores. Thanks for the heads up OP.

I'm on the bench for this one. I'm going to be picking up a Wii for the first time and trying to get more than a few rail shooter games for it. On that note, these seem like they'd be real nice. (Detachable for wiimote only games makes it even better)

Anyone by any chance have promo codes? If so, I think that'd make the decision a bit easier for myself, and probably others.

[quote name='fatboyjam']For those who missed out on the experience of trying to order a fightstick direct from Capcom, their online fulfillment/store is terrible. Preorder with care, they're a mess.[/quote]

Seconded. I have never had a worse experience ordering online than I have with the Capcom store and the fightstick situation. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

This just looks like a Wii Zapper with motion reloader and RE decals... or is there something special that I'm missing? It really doesn't all that much more functional than the Wii Zapper either.

[quote name='WesWarlord']Considering there is a new on-rails RE coming to Wii in the fall (Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles) this seems like a good item to preorder. I have actually been looking for this for a long time and the $50+ on ebay is not an option. This item has been out for a while from what I gather and it is $19.99 at Gamestop so if you have that luxury then go for it, I can't find it in stores. Thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]

they're probably gonna re-release this gun when Darkside Chronicles comes out

I actually don't think Umbrella Chronicles controls very well with any of the light gun shells. I always find myself just going back to holding the remote/nunchuck in my hands. Especially because the gameplay can be pretty unforgiving if you aren't precise.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Seconded. I have never had a worse experience ordering online than I have with the Capcom store and the fightstick situation. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.[/quote]
I haven't ordered from Capcom, but could they possibly be worse than ordering from Red Octane?

[quote name='Ronin317']I haven't ordered from Capcom, but could they possibly be worse than ordering from Red Octane?[/quote]

I didnt deal with them with the recent fightstick/te stick issues but I have in the past... They are sloppy both in packaging and in order status. Stuff just kinda "shows up" sometimes without the tracking info having have been communicated and the packaging leaves alot to be desired in my experience.

I ordered one of the limited SF art books and the edges of the book came all messed up because of how they had packaged it in a sub-par mailer. The book was sold out so I was stuck with what they sent :(

Hmmm, pay nearly $40 shipped from Capcom or $20 from Gamestop? Considering what it is (a glorified Wii zapper), I'll take my chances with GS. Also, I believe you'll probably see these restocked at GS as well.

$30? Ha. Like many have said, just try and find one at GS for $20.

Regardless, it's not worth the money. Feels cheap, and isn't any more functional than the Zapper. It looks cool, but that's the extent of it's appeal.

On the topic of Capcom's store, has anyone else managed to place an order for the SFIV Tournament Edition fight stick and NOT gotten it yet?

I almost forgot about it (cause I managed to get one elsewhere anyway), but after seeing this topic, I remembered that I do have an order placed for it which they have yet to fulfil.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ronin317']I haven't ordered from Capcom, but could they possibly be worse than ordering from Red Octane?[/quote]
I second that.:applause:

[quote name='kazunori']On the topic of Capcom's store, did anyone else managed to place an order for the SFIV Tournament Edition fight stick and NOT gotten it yet?

I almost forgot about it (cause I managed to get one elsewhere anyway), but after seeing this topic, I remembered that I do have an order placed for it which they have yet to fulfil.[/QUOTE]

I still don't have mine, and I can't say i've heard of anyone who has. I wonder if I call or email them if i'll get a generated generic email if i ask where the hell the thing is.

After what Capcom's Store put a lot of us through, including myself, I'll never order directly from them again as long as they continue their current business model.

I will keep an eye out for them at Fry's since they seem to be popping up there for a few people.

Well, just got back from Gamestop with mine.

Well worth the 20$ a piece methinks (I love how it's got modes for wiimote + nunchuck or just wiimote solo) but sure as hell not worth 38$ for one, or 68$ for two. =\ (after cheapest shipping)

From what i hear, these are in gamestops and Fry's everywhere. Just get them there for a lot cheaper.

After my experiences ordering a FightStick direct from Capcom (has anyone even gotten one from them yet?) there is no way in hell I would even consider placing another order with them. Worst customer service I've had to deal with in the last decade.

I read a review on a light gun shell that look pretty similar to these and said they were ass. So I passed on these when I saw them on another site last month. These might be better, but the similar look was enough to scare me away.

Snagged 2 of those Dark Ops shells. Haven't had a chance to use them though.

[quote name='Beer Monkey']Does Motion+ fit inside? Silly to buy a new gun housing that doesn't, eventually there will be a gun game that supports Motion+.[/quote]
Why would a light gun game use motion plus? No need for it.

Actually I think I'm one of the few cases that actually got their order fulfilled from the Capcom store. I posted on the SRK forum and apparently no one has gotten theirs yet. Keep in mind that I pre-ordered a 360 Tournament edition stick the day they were available which was on January 27. Luckily on Friday, I was checking my mail and they sent me this email at around 2:00pm. Would I ever pre-order an item again from the Capcom store? Most likely not.

Dear ***** Vicente,

Thank you for ordering from Capcom Entertainment, Inc. on January 27, 2009. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01558 Street Fighte 1 1 1 $146.08

Shipping InformationProduct Name Serial Number Tracking Number
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Street Fighter **********************

Shipment and Billing Details:Order Number: *********
Order Date: January 27, 2009
Tracking URL:

Shipped To:
***** Vicente
**** ******* Blvd
****** CA ***************

Billed To:***** Vicente
**** ******* Blvd
****** CA ***************
*********@hotmail.com

If you have questions about your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely, Capcom Entertainment, Inc. Customer Service shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/DisplayHelpPage

P.S. they gave me a tracking number but I have no clue where to enter it. I went to www.findmyorder.com but all it shows is an invoice. I even went to the UPS site and USPS, and still no luck. If anyone knows where to type the tracking # from Capcom, I would greatly appreciate it.

Anyone here actually tried one of these out yet? Between this, the Nyko Perfect Shot, and the HotD Hand Cannon, what seems to be the best "stupid piece of plastic" for Wii light gun shooters? :p

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Why would a light gun game use motion plus? No need for it.[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of potential for improvement. The Wii "gun" games are nowhere near as accurate/precise as even the first GunCon on Playstation.

I'd suggest you just buy the Nyko Perfect Shot, makes this game RE Umbrella Chronicles (and all other shooters) much more enjoyable.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Anyone here actually tried one of these out yet? Between this, the Nyko Perfect Shot, and the HotD Hand Cannon, what seems to be the best "stupid piece of plastic" for Wii light gun shooters? :p[/QUOTE]
Cobalt Flux's Dark Ops, mostly because it's more than just a piece of plastic:

https://www.cobaltflux.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16150&cat=251

$19.95 plus I think it was $4 shipping.

• Fresnel light-bending technology let's you aim the gun instead of the remote.
• Preserves independent use of the nunchuck. Lets you play every game with a gun!
• Full Access to all the buttons on the Wii remote
• Double grips for one or two handed action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_lens

This worked great for all games, including RE4, Metroid Prime 3 and other shooters where you need the face buttons.

[quote name='Skoad']Cobalt Flux's Dark Ops, mostly because it's more than just a piece of plastic:

https://www.cobaltflux.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16150&cat=251

$19.95 plus I think it was $4 shipping.

• Fresnel light-bending technology let's you aim the gun instead of the remote.
• Preserves independent use of the nunchuck. Lets you play every game with a gun!
• Full Access to all the buttons on the Wii remote
• Double grips for one or two handed action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_lens

This worked great for all games, including RE4, Metroid Prime 3 and other shooters where you need the face buttons.[/quote]
o man... that looks really good, what is your personal review of it ?

So this is just an overpriced, plastic accessory huh? I never used the nyko shot, but I heard the trigger on it was hard to pull at times....

[quote name='acyw13']o man... that looks really good, what is your personal review of it ?[/QUOTE]
If feels like someone actually sat down and thought about how the Wii Remote controls and then built the design around that. Rather than just saying "hey lets make a gun that you can fit the remote into".

That does look very useful. was going to grab a Nyko Perfect shot but then was actually looking at the games I had and realized the problem with having to push other buttons on the wiimote. Looks like the colbalt is the one to grab for me.

So this might be a stupid question, but how is this a deal? It seems like a few people recently are just posting stuff like this even though they aren't deal.. more like overpriced items...

bread's done
Back