Resident Evil REmake $12.99 + moar

Can anyone here vouch for the quality of their free "Egg Saver" shipping? I've heard it could often take up to two weeks to get your item, despite promising 4-7 business days, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone here has ever had problems.

[quote name='Solidus187']Can anyone here vouch for the quality of their free "Egg Saver" shipping? I've heard it could often take up to two weeks to get your item, despite promising 4-7 business days, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone here has ever had problems.[/QUOTE]

It's USPS First Class for games and UPS Ground for larger items, and I've never had an issue with it; just about everything I've ordered from Newegg has arrived in 3 days or less, and I live in Illinois (Items ship from Cali).

[quote name='Solidus187']Can anyone here vouch for the quality of their free "Egg Saver" shipping? I've heard it could often take up to two weeks to get your item, despite promising 4-7 business days, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone here has ever had problems.[/QUOTE]

I've never had problems, but it's extremely slow. The package is usually (for me) shipped via slow DHL, and then passed to the post office for final delivery. There's usually some sort of hand-off, and usually 2 companies are involved in the shipping.

If your in CALI .... amazon has RE Archives and Muramasa for almost the same price with tax if you get it from NewEgg .. if you prefer to shop at amazon.

Sucks to be in cali since these newegg deals arent so great for us.

[quote name='KeeperX']It's USPS First Class for games and UPS Ground for larger items, and I've never had an issue with it; just about everything I've ordered from Newegg has arrived in 3 days or less, and I live in Illinois (Items ship from Cali).[/QUOTE]

Living in New Jersey, this is not good news to me. But... if it got to Illinois in good time then I guess being in NJ would only tack on a few more days. Hopefully.

Damn, if I wasn't spoiled by how good RE4 (And I guess, RE5) was, i'd a been all over the RE REmake. Loved it years ago on the Gamecube, but don't think I can go back to that play style anymore.

Thanks though OP.

[quote name='guyver2077']No advantages over the gc version right? wii controls dont count :)[/QUOTE]

1 disc on Wii, 2 discs on GC.

[quote name='guyver2077']No advantages over the gc version right? wii controls dont count :)[/QUOTE]
On the plus side, 90% sure here that the REmake on Wii allows you to use the 'cube controller, so you have the same game just with the added option of waggle controls if you so wish. I find that to make this one a definite good purchase for those of us who missed our chance at the GC version.

Also, would point out that the title should maybe be renamed. Some excellent deals on good games going here, but the title isn't terribly descriptive at all.

Thanks, OP. Time for my third visit to the mansion.

P.S. How awesome would it has been if these could've given Chris a "Luigi" skin for this game?

Wondering if the Wii version of the REmake via component cable, looks any better than the GC version or if there is no real difference.

Loved playing it on GC back in the day.

They don't even exist, REmake & Zero Archives are pretty much the same game everyone played several years ago. Aside from the obvious slightly cleaner textures & infinite grenade ammo glitch from REmake fixed.

[quote name='Solidus187']Can anyone here vouch for the quality of their free "Egg Saver" shipping? I got little boys and a big problems cause I like to shake it shake it.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived cracked, yoke leaked out, mailman pissed.

[quote name='Solidus187']Living in New Jersey, this is not good news to me. But... if it got to Illinois in good time then I guess being in NJ would only tack on a few more days. Hopefully.[/QUOTE]

May not be the same for you. I've ordered from newegg plenty of times and each time the items shipped from Edison, and usually got to me pretty quickly. They may ship from Cali for him, but not for everyone.

[quote name='KeeperX']It's USPS First Class for games and UPS Ground for larger items, and I've never had an issue with it; just about everything I've ordered from Newegg has arrived in 3 days or less, and I live in Illinois (Items ship from Cali).[/QUOTE]

Not all items ship from all locations, btw. I got a pair of Sennheiser headphones and they came from Jersey.

To whoever asked about shipping speeds from Newegg: They are amazing.

Ordered a psp from them, had an issue processing my CC but once that was cleared it was ok. After that it was 4 business days after when it showed up, exactly the same day as a FSSS from amazon package showed up (ordered the same night).

Really they are pretty much the same.

Not falling for the Nintendo selling me the same game over and over again on a new console been there done that, getting sick of it Sorry Capcom this is milking it a little too much.

[quote name='tightclaws']Not falling for the Nintendo selling me the same game over and over again on a new console been there done that, getting sick of it Sorry Capcom this is milking it a little too much.[/QUOTE]I know this might sound like a funny concept but have you heard of not buying it?

Egg Saver is free for a reason it is low end and low priority service.

They sell out on a product days after you place the order and not shipped yet they put you on back order. You are in the back of the list for highly wanted items. If the item is not super hot item you should be fine. They take up to weeks to ship out some stuff cause well prime users get first pickings. If they are low on inventory and a prime member buys it after you did and before yours ships they will fulfill the prime order first and bypass you. You can call and ask them they will tell you this right out. They do not try to hide this fact. They just recommend getting prime.

They are usually within 2 weeks but i get it around 1 to 1/2 weeks on a average before i got prime.

What can you complain about really it is free shipping after all you get what you pay for. You want it within 1-2 weeks or sometimes longer get egg saver. If you want free 2 day shipping get prime trial or sub.

I think that you are mixing up Amazon's Prime shipping with Newegg. Because I don't think Newegg offers Prime.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from Newegg. It's all either shipped from California via UPS Mail Innovations (and took about 3-4 days) or it shipped UPS Ground from New Jersey (took 3-4 days).

I ordered Super Mario All Stars, and it took about 10 days to arrive from the day I ordered it. My status also showed "shipped" within an hour after ordering. Another issue I had was that All Stars comes in a cardboard box because of the extras, and it was shipped in an envelope instead of a box and the corner was all bent to hell.

thanks OP. add these above ^^^ games and this'll be a 5 star thread.

wish i wasn't so unsure about resonance of fate. if i hadn't been without a job for SO LONG, i'd definitely bite on that. backlog is still too big anway. the deals that bg2001 posted are fantastic deals (especially the 1st 2 games), and certainly should be in 1st post (with a thread title change).

bread's done
Back