Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) $20.80 Amazon FSSS

Need to stop looking at this price, seriously, this game is so close to making me buy a 3DS XL!!!

I need some more games though, can't buy this system for just one game like I used to do. Hurry up Nintendo and gimme some games for this thing.

Back when it was $23 and change was still a better deal for me than $20 as I don't have Prime so needed to spend $25 anyways.

I don't think I got charged tax when I bought this earlier for $20.80. I had $20.69 in credit though lol. Good thing I had a rebate card with like 20 cents on it.

I got mine yesterday from Isomergames via Fulfilled by Amazon, it has been re-shrink wrapped. It is clearly not the factory shrink wrap.

I don't think that it's easy to identify a re-shrink, as I've seen this game BOTH with the folds and without (with the seam along the edge instead). This was at Target and they had a lot of copies, so looks like there are two different factory wrappings for this title.

[quote name='bruceg']I don't think that it's easy to identify a re-shrink, as I've seen this game BOTH with the folds and without (with the seam along the edge instead). This was at Target and they had a lot of copies, so looks like there are two different factory wrappings for this title.[/QUOTE]

Capcom tends to use the cheap-ish looking wrapping, as two of my Phoenix Wright games are like that as well. Nothing to be worried about unless you open it up and the insides look used.

[quote name='AFC']Capcom tends to use the cheap-ish looking wrapping, as two of my Phoenix Wright games are like that as well. Nothing to be worried about unless you open it up and the insides look used.[/QUOTE]

I worry a little more about the wrapping since I have a ton of games that are still sealed and well past the return date. But yeah, if you open it up and the inside looks pristine, then nothing to worry about.
I grabbed the y fold copy of RE Revelations and verified it wasn't one of those initial versions where they misspelled Revelations on the sleeve.

Just got my copy and yes, it too has that cheap plastic wrapping. It looks brand new except for the fact that the game cartridge was loose inside the case, but it doesn't look damaged.

[quote name='ShadowedAsh']I actually picked up this at Target for $20. Wasn't a clearance item either but I guess YMMV.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bruceg']I saw it at Target too for $20.[/QUOTE]

Do you guys remember if there was a yellow tag next to the game? Some Target's in SoCal had temporary price cuts on this for $20 a few months back (around when the Tiger Woods CE's were accidentally clearanced I think). It could be possible that another wave is going around. Or maybe the MSRP is just dropping soon.

Anyway, I recommend anyone who is hesitant on buying this game (for reasons other than pure cheapness) go through with it. Earlier in this thread even, I stated I was planning on holding off until it hit $10-15, but my brother wanted to play it so I grabbed it during Best Buy's B2G1. Tried it out and loved it, so I bought a copy off Amazon for myself. In my top 3 3DS games right now with Kid Icarus and Super Mario 3D Land.

I had Best Buy price match Amazon's $20.99 price (since they only PM games "sold by" Amazon supposedly) & yes, I checked the local Targets around me 1st.

This is great buy, it's the best game on 3ds I have played so far. Note that your save file for the game will be on the actual card. I had to rush through this game earlier this year when my brother listed it on Glyde. Luckily I beat game with about a day to spare before he needed to mail the game out.

[quote name='AFC']Do you guys remember if there was a yellow tag next to the game? Some Target's in SoCal had temporary price cuts on this for $20 a few months back (around when the Tiger Woods CE's were accidentally clearanced I think). It could be possible that another wave is going around. Or maybe the MSRP is just dropping soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vafongulo']Picked up last copy at westbury L.I. Target for 20. The sign said temp price cut from 9/9 to 9/29.[/QUOTE]

Exactly as above. It was a temporary price cut. Not sure on the dates but they sound about right as stated here.

[quote name='darkjedi187']Got mine last Friday and like said before it does look like some cheap plastic wrap.[/QUOTE]

It could still be authentic; many copies shortly after release were opened so that correct cover art could be inserted (many copies had the revelaitons missprint) and then resealed.

All missprinted copies should have y folds but I've seen plenty of copies with the correct spelling that are either shrinkwrapped or y folds

It's $20 at all Target's as a TPC! If you want the game, I'll say buy it now because it's discontinued! After your target sell out, they won't receive it anymore. *this is only being discontinued @ TGT, can't speak for other retailers...*

[quote name='GBAstar']It could still be authentic; many copies shortly after release were opened so that correct cover art could be inserted (many copies had the revelaitons missprint) and then resealed.

All missprinted copies should have y folds but I've seen plenty of copies with the correct spelling that are either shrinkwrapped or y folds[/QUOTE]

FYI, as far as I can recall, all Capcom DS games I bought had that crappy sealing, including all 5 Ace Attorney, Megaman ZX 1 and 2, and Resident Evil DS. Heck, even Mega Man Zero 3 and 4 on GBA were like that too. As for 3DS, I don't remember if SSF43D was sealed like that, but I think RE Mercenary was sealed the same wrapping (bought from K Mart).

Woah, ordered.

Really lucky too, I was planning to buy this with the $40 Kmart gaming coupon I got from getting a 3DS XL, but they didn't carry the game. Very nice.

[quote name='Teeheehee']FYI, as far as I can recall, all Capcom DS games I bought had that crappy sealing, including all 5 Ace Attorney, Megaman ZX 1 and 2, and Resident Evil DS. Heck, even Mega Man Zero 3 and 4 on GBA were like that too. As for 3DS, I don't remember if SSF43D was sealed like that, but I think RE Mercenary was sealed the same wrapping (bought from K Mart).[/QUOTE]

SSF3D has the same crappy wrapping, and RE Mercenaries does too (I'm looking at my sealed copies right now, both purchased retail). When I saw a ton of copies of Revelations with that same wrapping at Target, I knew it was the manufacturer wrapping, though you can also find some y fold ones as well for that particular title.

[quote name='slidecage']i doubt amazon ever ships your 3ds... i had tons of items ordered from amazon that said ship in 1 to 3 weeks 1 day before the shippment is to come they cancell the order and say they could not get the item[/QUOTE]

UPDATE 9/16/12
My 3DS was shipped and FexEx shows it will be here by Wednesday. OH YEAHHHHH

bread's done
Back