Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - RE2, CV, and South America - November 17th

Anyone else buy this? It's visually stunning. I only played it for about 20 minutes last night because it was pretty late, but wow... pretty game. The reticule is very responsive, as well. Fun times but lots of failure because this is my first rail shooter. Ha ha.

'Cube Daddy;6526239]Anyone else buy this? It's visually stunning. I only played it for about 20 minutes last night because it was pretty late said:
I have it. In the africa level, you turn a corner and there are these baskets with fruit in them you shoot for bonus points. The fruit is a flat texture, sitting inside a flat texture basket. It looks worse then PS1 type stuff. However, the main game itself looks good, i just saw that and laughed since it looked putrid bad. I got to level 2 with a buddy and it does look great, for a wii game, of course.

I loved Umbrella Chronicles, and Code Veronica is my favorite traditional RE. Unfortunately, all the reviews for this game talk about the shaky cam, and the videos show it as well. I don't know if I'd be able to take it (I had to walk out of a movie before because the shaky cam was making me physically ill), and I'm not willing to pay $50 to find out. I'll probably get it when it goes to $20-25. It sucks because I was really, really looking forward to this game. :cry:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I loved Umbrella Chronicles, and Code Veronica is my favorite traditional RE. Unfortunately, all the reviews for this game talk about the shaky cam, and the videos show it as well. I don't know if I'd be able to take it (I had to walk out of a movie before because the shaky cam was making me physically ill), and I'm not willing to pay $50 to find out. I'll probably get it when it goes to $20-25. It sucks because I was really, really looking forward to this game. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I was concerned too, but so far I find it more dramatic than anything else. I don't see a problem with it (yet).

'Cube Daddy;6529412]I was concerned too said:
I'm having a tough time with the camera. When you're fighting a boss and you have to aim at a specific part of said boss and the camera is moving as well as the boss, it's an undeniably frustrating experience. I wish I could turn the movement off (or at least scale it back some). I don't remember Umbrella Chronicles being nearly this shaky.

I'm a few chapters into Veronica right now, and I'm loving the game. I admit that the shaky-cam was slightly overdone, but it's not game-breaking.

What I love about this is how closely it adheres to the older games in terms of plot and setting. One of my major complaints about Umbrella Chronicles is how far off book it went at times, like the entirety of the RE3 section (seriously, did the developers *play* RE3?). These are fun to play, but they should also be fan service, which is something they nailed with this one. Even the parts they altered a bit (training sequence in CE:V) still fell in line with everything else and actually enhanced the experience.

Also, as much as I was initially hesitant when they announced only RE2, CV, and a new chapter, I think it worked amazingly well. This gave them the opportunity to really delve into each game, instead of giving us the fairly truncated levels of Umbrella Chronicles. It makes a huge difference going from 3 chapters per game to 8.

This game also underlines the fact that we NEED RE2 to get the REmake treatment the way RE1 did. Oh, please please please please.

I made my way through all of the chapters in, according to the play time, under 9 hours. It was probably longer, though, as I bailed on some play sessions. I'm going back through chapters using the character opposite of who I played the first time through, trying to get better scores. I still think that the shaky cam is overdone, but either I got better at dealing with it, or it wasn't as pronounced in the later chapters.

I agree that the greater number of chapters is a boon, but I do miss the backstory missions from Umbrella Chronicles (Wesker, Hunk) as those added some interesting elements to the RE story.

I was able to nab my copy for $35 on Black Friday, and think that the game is worth that price, but greater than that seems too much.

bread's done
Back