Resident Evil ( the memories)

Solid Scarecrow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I was wondering what cags old memories of the series were.

My best memory is when I was younger and me and my step dad where playing resident evil 2 and ( we were christian raised no swearing, no rated r movies till we got older) and he was playing and the licker jumped and broke the two way mirror and he bellowed oh shit god dammit!!!

When I was younger the second one scared the jesus out of me. Anyone else have any good stories

i remember finishing code veronica and being excited for what seemed to be the upoming finale to the story ....... 2 games later im still waiting.

I remember playing REmake on the Gamecube just a short time after it coming out and having nightmares for like, a week about zombies devouring me.

Also becoming ridiculously skittish around chainsaws after RE4.

Going into living quarters in RE1 I step into a large room and hear something moving. I continue to walk forward and the camera angle changes to reveal a huge spider over the door above my head. It really startled me, I hate spiders. My feet were up right next to the TV so when I jumped I kicked the TV a little and made a hole in the wall.

[quote name='lokizz']i remember finishing code veronica and being excited for what seemed to be the upoming finale to the story ....... 2 games later im still waiting.[/QUOTE]

This.

100% this.

I started with RE4, and ended with RE5.

To this day I have not seen such a disparity of quality between 2 games that play identical to each other. RE5 was truly a trainwreck. I don't care if people consider it "alright" by itself, but when compared to what they did on the Gamecube (the gamecube, for fuck's sake), it was a huge step back.

The other REs I did not get a chance to play as I was pretty young. Loved me dat Dino Crisis though...

I remember this one time when someone actually called Resident Evil 5 a "trainwreck"; that was my very first glimpse at true insanity.

Outside of that, I think my greatest RE memory was watching someone play the original at a Kay-Bee Toys kiosk, and being as scared as a 9 year old can be when the guy got killed by a zombie. From there it was Jill's RE3 tube top/miniskirt combo, that was more of a hormonal memory though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I remember playing REmake on the Gamecube just a short time after it coming out and having nightmares for like, a week about zombies devouring me.

Also becoming ridiculously skittish around chainsaws after RE4.[/QUOTE]

the re1 remake was amazing kinda sucks they havent released it as a psn or xbox live dlable title. would have been nice to see the first 4 regames remade from the ground up.

[quote name='Rodimus']Going into living quarters in RE1 I step into a large room and hear something moving. I continue to walk forward and the camera angle changes to reveal a huge spider over the door above my head. It really startled me, I hate spiders. My feet were up right next to the TV so when I jumped I kicked the TV a little and made a hole in the wall.[/QUOTE]

thats always the worst bit of re games for me ive been scared of spiders damn near my whole life and its a freakin chore to have to deal with those areas in games.

[quote name='iamsmart']I remember this one time when someone actually called Resident Evil 5 a "trainwreck"; that was my very first glimpse at true insanity.
[/QUOTE]

It was an aircraft collision.

[quote name='lokizz']the re1 remake was amazing kinda sucks they havent released it as a psn or xbox live dlable title. would have been nice to see the first 4 regames remade from the ground up.[/QUOTE]

Even compared to this gen the RE remake still looks fantastic. Darker and creepier than the orginal. Plus the newly added side story with the architect and his family was some freaky shit. Having Lisa chase you around was nerve racking. I'm so much of a pussy now I don't think I could play this again.

I'm actually currently in the middle of a playthrough of REmake. This is actually the first time I think I'll beat one of the pre-RE4 Resident Evils, even though I owned them on PS1 as a kid. They were just too hard for me back then though, and when I've tried to play REmake in the past, I could never really adjust to the tank controls and save ribbons. However, this time something clicked and I'm really enjoying the game.

That first giant spider moment that others mentioned made me jump as well. They just look really creepy with the updated visuals. However, the most terrifying thing to me is the Hunters. Those things are pretty intense.

Resident Evil 2 was my first one, although I mostly just watched while my dad and brother played it

The RE series is pretty much my favorite game franchise of all time, even though some of the spin-offs suck, the main games are all amazing, especially REmake and RE4.

I remember firing up RE back on the PS1, thinking WTF is this shit as soon as I had control over Jill and quite after it I was almost killed by that first zombie. I think I was around 10 when I first played it and my impatient self couldn't be bothered.

I got pretty far in RE2 and CV (Dreamcast) but got stuck in both about half-away through. I didn't beat a RE game until 4 and man, what a game that was! I've beaten it 3 times across different platforms (GC, then PS2, and then Wii).

I remember once playing RE on the PS1, and there's a part in the mansion where dogs jump out of the window and ambush you. Well, my sister (3 years younger than me), walks along and I asked her if she could help me with this part (I've already beaten the game once or twice already at this point). She grabs the controller, walks into that hallway, and she jumps a mile high screaming. I can't remember if she hit me afterwards or not, but it was pretty funny.

My memory is that Resident Evil was the sole reason I asked my parents for a Playstation. Rented a Playstation from the local Family Video (ripoff back then) just to check RE and a game called "Overblood" out first. I was instantly hooked. At that point in time, the FMV and voice acting were awesome (seriously, back then it was epic...I'm not kidding)!!! It felt so immersive.

Anyways, Resident Evil 2 was quickly coming around the corner. I got that right when I received the Playstation for my bday. Shortly into the sequel, there is a scene where you run into a gun shop and the owner says, "Why'd he bite me?!?" That part resonates with me for some reason. Again, the gravity of the situation pulled me right in when he spoke. Chaos quickly ensued :) Then it was quite the bonus when I realized the second disc wasn't just to play the same game as Claire. The storyline actually branched a bit and gave you a different perspective. Most excellent!

I never had a PS One so my Resident Evil progression went Resident Evil 2 to Code Veronica on Dreamcast to Resident Evil 0, to Resident Evil 4, then 5.

I loved 2 a lot. I made to the end of Code Veronica and got to the final boss but I ran out of ammo/health to beat him. (Although I have the HD remake so I hope to change that). I bet 4 like 3-4 times on gamecube and well for RE5 I could not even get past the 2nd chapter before trading it in, in disgust.

Running away every time Nemesis popped up in RE3.
Then turning back around after remembering you get items for laying the smack down on him.

Also;

[quote name='Jill']
You want STARS?
I'll give you STARS!
:twoguns:
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JStryke']I remember once playing RE on the PS1, and there's a part in the mansion where dogs jump out of the window and ambush you.[/QUOTE]

It seriously took until post 22 for this to be brought up? Must not be many people who actually started (and completed) the original Resident Evil on PlayStation. Seems like a lot of people replying are younger and started with the later games.

It may not be scary now considering the graphics and what the newer games have featured, but the dogs coming through the window is the quintessential Resident Evil gameplay moment. I remember when it had just came out and you could talk to anyone who was playing it and there was no doubt that at some point in that conversation you would hear them say: "oh my god the dogs through the window scared the shit out of me".

Code Veronica on the Dreamcast was my first Resident Evil game and I remember the beginning with the zombies crawling out of the graves.

I still remember printing out a full walkthrough off the internet back in 97? 98? and playing through all of Resident Evil: Director's Cut. I thought I was a badass when I finally beat it.

What a great series! RE2 was pretty solid too. I finally got around to buying RE3 on PSN and played through it. It wasn't bad, but for some reason, I still have to go with the original as my favorite.

If only the series would switch back to the more survival horror style instead of action that RE5 was...although I did enjoy RE5, especially the DLC that took place in the mansion.

^^
So hooked, I went out and bought the guides for 1,2,3,CV and then the "unofficial" ones (Versus,Piggyback,etc).
:lol:

Miss those things.

I don't think the dogs scared me that bad because I got Resident Evil2 first and after doing the second play threw with the T something tyrant smashing threw walls etc, making me cautious every step of the way not knowing if he was going to come barreling in at any moment. Then jumping to Resident Evil 1 the dogs were just a little startling for me. I was desensitized by the RS2 Tyrant.

I remember playing RE1 a few times on rental for the PSone, and had some friends with the Saturn version. I didn't get it for myself until Director's Cut came out and I remember that stupid dog (the first time the game tried to scare you) got moved up by a few seconds and it scared the hell out of me.

Regarding RE5- i played it coop and it was one of my favorite gaming experiences of that year. It wasn't scary- but I attributed that to the companionship. It was pretty tense at times.

I'm probably the only one who hasn't played Resident Evil 4 and 5, have them in my backlog the PS2 version and the Gold Edition on PS3. I finished RE:DC on PS1, RE2 on Dreamcast, RE3 Nemesis on PS1, and Code Veronica on Dreamcast.

LOL abbreviating Resident Evil: Director's Cut gives you a smiley.

My first true Resident Evil that I played was Code Veronica on the Dreamcast. That game was so flavorful. I has prior knowledge to the other previous games from watching and reading past games. My goal in life is to play all the games (series) during a long vacation period...

bread's done
Back