Resistance 2 $12.99 @ gamestop (pre-owned) online & in-store

Brother Daz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Received a email from GS this morning that had this in it. Offer is good until 9/9

I just picked up a copy from my local store, it came out to $12.56 after PUR and tax

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/resistance-2/12133

BTW- I tried using a $10 off any used game PUR coupon, the computer would not allow it.

Power Up Rewards card needs to be scanned for the discount to show up. Thanks Giordano86

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, I was thinking about using my remaining power up rewards points for that 5 $ off coupon. How the fuck does the coupon say any USED game and yet you cant use it on this ? Screw the power up rewards

[quote name='strait edge follower']Crap, I was thinking about using my remaining power up rewards points for that 5 $ off coupon. How the fuck does the coupon say any USED game and yet you cant use it on this ? Screw the power up rewards[/QUOTE]
yeah I was a little pissed off when they told me I couldnt use it. I figured though for $12, its still a decent deal.

They probably took out something. Oh, wait, that's only on "new" games.

Note to Gamestop - New means shrink-wrapped

[quote name='Brother Daz']yeah I was a little pissed off when they told me I couldnt use it. I figured though for $12, its still a decent deal.[/QUOTE]

I bet you if they scanned it it would have worked. They much rather have 12$ instead of 2 in their pocket so they probibly lied lol

[quote name='wildcat0227']They probably took out something. Oh, wait, that's only on "new" games.

Note to Gamestop - New means shrink-wrapped[/QUOTE]
Haha, the other day I was behind a woman in line at GS that came in to yell at the clerk for selling her son an opened game as new. I lol'd.

Also, thanks for the heads up, I definitely will be getting this. Hopefully there will be a great sale for Resistance 3 soon so I can get that one as well.

[quote name='ROB64']Haha, the other day I was behind a woman in line at GS that came in to yell at the clerk for selling her son an opened game as new. I lol'd.

Also, thanks for the heads up, I definitely will be getting this. Hopefully there will be a great sale for Resistance 3 soon so I can get that one as well.[/QUOTE]

Lol I wish I would have seen that. Oh and resistance 3 is getting 20$ credit at kmart on release

[quote name='strait edge follower']I bet you if they scanned it it would have worked. They much rather have 12$ instead of 2 in their pocket so they probibly lied lol[/QUOTE]
Like I said in the OP they did scan it, the computer wouldnt allow it.

Hey dazed this will probibly explain why your coupon didn't work. Look what I found on the power up rewards site

"$5 off Pre-Owned copies of Resistance titles Steal of the Week! Save $5 on a pre-owned copies of Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2, and Resistance: Retribution from Monday, September 5, through Sunday, September 25. Redeem now, this coupon is only available until this Sunday, September 11!"

I wonder if you can use up like 1500 points to get 3 coupons and stack them or stack one with a 10 $ off coupon or something, free resistance 2 copy !

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey dazed this will probibly explain why your coupon didn't work. Look what I found on the power up rewards site

"$5 off Pre-Owned copies of Resistance titles Steal of the Week! Save $5 on a pre-owned copies of Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2, and Resistance: Retribution from Monday, September 5, through Sunday, September 25. Redeem now, this coupon is only available until this Sunday, September 11!"

I wonder if you can use up like 1500 points to get 3 coupons and stack them or stack one with a 10 $ off coupon or something, free resistance 2 copy ![/QUOTE]

Hopefully they don't jack up the price come monday.

It is 19.99 in store and the guy would not match online price for me. Oh well it does say in store price 19.99 on the website. Good deal for those that can snag it for 12.99.

Damn, i was gonna have a buddy pick it up for us[quote name='Thepaul7']It is 19.99 in store and the guy would not match online price for me. Oh well it does say in store price 19.99 on the website. Good deal for those that can snag it for 12.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thepaul7']It is 19.99 in store and the guy would not match online price for me. Oh well it does say in store price 19.99 on the website. Good deal for those that can snag it for 12.99.[/QUOTE]

did you have them scan it or did you just call? once its scanned it should ring up with the discounted price. looking at the email it does say "good online and in stores"

Good price I guess but you could've scored the resistance 1-2 dual pk w/DLC for $15 using last months @gamer coupons.

[quote name='Enuf']Good price I guess but you could've scored the resistance 1-2 dual pk w/DLC for $15 using last months @gamer coupons.[/QUOTE]

Dont remind me, I've been kicking myself in the ass for not jumping on that

I brought up the game and had him scan it and it scanned in at $20. I told the guy to scan my powerup card because it's supposed to be $13 since it's on sale. The guy gave me a suspicious look (like they also do. They're only used to ripping off customers, so a deal makes them think you're trying to fraud them). Scanned my card and it then ringed up at $12.99.

So you only get the discount if you scan your powerup card with it. It also took the extra 10% off of the $13. Came out to $12.59

[quote name='Giordano86']I brought up the game and had him scan it and it scanned in at $20. I told the guy to scan my powerup card because it's supposed to be $13 since it's on sale. The guy gave me a suspicious look (like they also do. They're only used to ripping off customers, so a deal makes them think you're trying to fraud them). Scanned my card and it then ringed up at $12.99.

So you only get the discount if you scan your powerup card with it. It also took the extra 10% off of the $13. Came out to $12.59[/QUOTE]Thanks for the clarification, I'll add it to the OP.

email I got today says instore so I don't see why anyone should have a problem getting this. Hopfully I can find one when I get back from vacation

So if it's 12.99 base, minus the 10% PUR discount.....shouldn't that be $11.69, and not $12.59? Or are you including tax w/ that price? Just wondering.

bread's done
Back